Great Canadian Casinos Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Surveillance Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2018
Great team and management. Love working here. The environment is great and they treat everyone with respect. Values of this company are strong and gives you a lot balance.
Worst company i have ever worked for!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  GBH26 March 2018
They care about money. That is it!! They are crooks!!! Money laundering and everything!! They buy a new company and walk in and try and lay off 1/3 of the company! Cut people's hours. They stopped giving part time employees shifts do they have ZERO income!!!! Do not work for great Canadian gaming if you want to even put gas in your car!!
Pros
Cons
Cuts, dont care about employees, everything abouy this company is terrible
Fun place to work with fast pace envoirement
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 December 2017
I never had a issue with company policies or any other issues, Casino security is more likely customer service including protect the property and staff/customer. I had fun working there, Lots fun meeting with celebrities many times, benefits with profit shares every year, good salary.
can be fun
Dealer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 August 2017
Was a great way to work for a number of years. good benefits, profit sharing. promotions from within. community support, events. overall a great place to work.
dealer
Server/ Slot Attendant/ Dealer/ Dealer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 August 2017
this is one company that treats their employees well i loved working here the staff are awsome slots and on tables i definately reccommend this place of employment
Pros
ggreat company
Cons
have to start by working nights
Horrible
Cage and Coin Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 July 2017
Horrible management. Noroom for movement. a lot of bullying. Too much favouritism to employees that have been there long time. Example being longer breaks. Avoid at all cost.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Everything else
Not for Everyone!
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC10 July 2017
I loved working for GCC, because I felt comfortable in the given environment. When mistakes or problems arose, it wasnt the who blames who game - instead it was efficient and an overall excellent learning experience in regard to things like communication and responsibility. However the legal gambling industry, is quite hazardous and fast paced and can be very,very , very overwhelming. I myself loved the experience, but i understand how some just cant handle the stress when it comes to making mistakes with so much tension from guests and other employees.
fun place to work with
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 March 2017
a nice company to work with, the management is kind and respectful. when u get hired you supposed to be available morning, afternoon and graveyards. if you work for 2 jobs this could work well.
Pros
great food from co workers
Cons
graveyard
No advancement opportunities and low morale...
Guest services (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 March 2017
If it were not for the amazing employees, I'm not sure if I would be able to have the courage to wake up and go to work. The management is sneaky and will imply opportunities but not commit to them...you have to harass them to help you advance and learn new things. There is the exception of the Supervisors in Guest Services, they are a good team.

I agree with a previous review, major boys club....

They also want you to do more work with less people! And when it gets busy, no extra staff is acquired. All people want to do here is work and have a good work/life balance. Not possible with low hours and no guarantees.

Miss OLG and everyone who left...
Pros
amazing employees and benefits (for now)
Cons
cutting hours, does not staff accordingly, boys club
Easy Work for Great Pay
Slot Attendant/Slot Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC & Coquitlam, BC10 March 2017
I started off as a Slot Attendant and its honestly one of the easiest jobs I have ever had. I have worked at restaurants, in retail, and in offices. With tips, you're making about $18 to $20 to start off with and get an increase in wage every year. Where can you make that money anywhere else without having any education or doing intense labour work?

Like any service and hospitality job, sometimes it gets busy and you have to work your butt off. And of course, there's always going to be difficult and mean customers but that's what happens when you work with the general public.

There's medical benefits and many opportunities for advancement. I've read the other reviews and I can guarantee the negative ones are from lazy workers who a) have been employed too long with the company and don't realize how horrible other jobs are or b) just naturally negative people who hate everything and everyone.

If I had to put in one major con of the job, it would be the terrible and negative long-term employees who complain about everything. Work would be more fun if I didn't have to work with toxic individuals who hate everything about their job. If it's such a bad place and company to work for, why don't you quit and find another job? Don't ruin work for everyone else. You get paid to do the easiest job on the planet so make the most of it!

There are so many opportunities for growth and advancement if you put in the time and effort. Of course there's standards so if you're expecting to sit around doing nothing/get paid for it, try working as a graveyard parking stall attendant or
  more... a cashier at a low volume retail store.  less
Pros
Benefits, Opportunities for Advancement, No Education Required for Entry-Level Jobs, Tips Included, Employee Events
Cons
Graveyard shifts, Short turnarounds, Seniority, Shifts on Holidays and Weekends
fun workplace
Card Dealer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 February 2017
Working as a card dealer is very amusing and entertaining, getting the experience to deal with a variety of table games is what keeps you motivated for the first few months, and after this stage passes you become more aware of all your mistakes and start to master a professional style and technique.
The management is fair, however sometimes biased since they have to think about the reputation and their client/guests satisfaction towards the experience in the casino.
The Hardest part of the job is having to work non stop 6 days a week having less rest and few days off. Even the schedule is unjustifiable since they ask you to work for 10 straight days and having only one day to rest and coming back to work for another 10 days, this is probably one of the reasons why people cannot handle the work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to deal games and having a good time entertaining people while they gamble.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
unreasonable hours and overtime due to lack of staff
Managing assets and staff of 18-20 employees
Cage Manager (Former Employee) –  Island Hwy, View Royal19 February 2017
Handling assets, balancing, revenues. Schedule, human resources. Customer relations and departments communication.
Hours- 8-10 per day. Culture - Great entertainment place, priority in customer satisfaction.
Hardest part - overnight hours
Enjoyable - new challenges every day; working with employees, financial responsibility.
Pros
20 years of experience
Cons
overnight hours
Fun Place to Work
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC14 January 2017
Lots of great people, its a great atmosphere, and the customers bring a variety of personalities that bring a smile to your face. Overall great place.
Love it
Server/ Slot Attendant/ Dealer/ Dealer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 December 2016
The lifestyle the commarddie...Cant spell it (com-rod-er-ie)????Like on young guns the movie "pals"I love this place and everything it involves 100%
Pros
All the peoople, The hours, The lifestyle the commarddie...Cant spell it (com-rod-er-ie)????Like on young guns the movie "pals"
Cons
Absolutley not a one!!!!!!
if you see an ad...then run...run away
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  View Royal, BC21 December 2016
I was hired permanent part time. it didn't turn out that way. sometimes I worked one day a month, sometimes 20. Management is lazy & most co workers complain too much, bringing down any happiness that you might have.

I was on the bottom of the list so, I worked 9pm to 4 am shifts. which was never discussed during the hiring process.

I also had to work Christmas eve's, Christmas days, boxing days, new years eve and new years days. you are told to take the hours and keep your mouth shut.

don't complain to management because nothing will be done. they are lazy and don't deal with employee conflicts very well.

the employees are not happy and are required to put on a happy face for the customers that come in. most times we felt like horses with someone cracking a whip behind us.

turn over of employees is frequent as most see the casino as a sad sad place to work and the hours horrible.
Pros
good money if you can get hours in
Cons
long hours, dirty work conditions, workplace bullying
as a Chef only work here if in need of a job...
Demi Chef (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 September 2016
- Trained, experienced colleagues undervalued
- untrained, inexperienced colleagues employed at equal rank as trained professionals...
- pay mediocre
- learning nothing new, only expected to teach equal ranked much less experienced colleagues
- no business reputation for CV purposes
Pros
health benefits, uniforms provided plenty
Cons
no guaranteed minimum hours, no recognition of experience and background, horrific staff food being mandatory charged for, exploitation of experienced staff
Horrible Environment and Managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 August 2016
I worked here for 10 years in the Cash Cage at different sites and watched the company go from Great to Horrible. They fired many long time managers who made going to work each day worth it. They promoted many people who were lazy and horrible at their jobs and treated us low level employees very bad. I'm glad I left when I did because I've heard that it's gotten worse. It's no wonder they've unionized. The leadership of this company is unfit.
Pros
Good money with tips
Cons
Managers, Directors and Executives are all liars, no work life balance, no appreciation, very cliquey
Ok place to work
Security current (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 July 2016
I work in the security department for all 12 years. It is a very demanding job you must have diplomacy good work ethics and be able to work well with others. The management team is great and fun to work with as long as you do your job and not slack off it's a great place to work. I just wish the corporate manager would recognize on hard work and come out and see this what we do. Are department manager is great as well shift manager and supervisors. We are often not recognized by corporate but criticized for not providing 100% customer service. Over the last 12 years are job title has become more customer service then security. Overall it is above industry standard wages and still a great place to work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Sometimes unappreciated staff meals
Worst place to work!
Card Dealer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 June 2016
The only thing that's good about this company are the health benefits. That's it! They have free meals for employees but the foods are really disgusting. I think even dogs won't eat it! Very low salary, bland environment, most workers are racist, and most of them are bias. I warn you not to work here, you'll just regret every single thing for working in this company! Better work in a company where you can grow as a person and could give you a better future.
Pros
Health Benefits, Msp
Cons
Every single thing!
Use as a stepping stone only.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 May 2016
Great social environment, co-workers are some of the nicest, down to earth people you could hope to meet. All very helpful and friendly.
The job itself is unfulfilling. The employer treats you like a suspect. Extreme protocol and procedure, standing like a statue for long periods. Shifts suck unless your a long term veteran. A lot of the patrons are either drunk frat boys or troubled with gambling addiction and as security, it's your job to deal with both and smile politely while your doing it for chump change. Very high turn over rate so low level managers are inexperienced and under pressure while experienced managers are miserable and petty. No avenue for you to give input or to express your concerns before they turn into complaints. Overall it's disappointing, definitely not a career but possibly a stepping stone to one.
Pros
Fantastic front line staff
Cons
It's a cold uncaring institution