Great Blue Resorts Employee Reviews

Great job for a sales person
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Keene, ON5 February 2019
There is a lot of self management and if your are good self motivator then its a great job. The commissions and incentives are pretty good as well as the benefits but management is very disconnected and not very understanding. This can be frustrating at times when they don't listen and aren't accommodating at all. The sales team is great though.
Pros
free lunch, fun and appealing work environment
Cons
long hours, unreasonable targets and not much understanding when they aren't met
If you're looking for a great summer job...keep looking!!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON26 February 2018
The positive reviews here are written by the favourites who have stuck along with this company. Management may "act" like you matter, but after being there for a couple months, the gossip and overall feeling that you are disposable shines through.
Are they learning and growing? Sure, but considering how long they've been doing this, they should have a better handle on things than the disorganization that is "Great" Blue Resorts.
Pros
Coffee, Snacks sometimes
Cons
That this company couldn't live up to its potential
Great place to work and to grow
Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Muskoka, ON21 February 2018
I am currently employed with Great Blue in a Sales capacity. Changes... yes there have been some but if we aren't changing we aren't growing. I can't think of any where else I'd rather be! Thumbs up Great Blue. Keep growing and take me with you!
Pros
People, managment, training
Fun, fast paced, high energy career
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON19 February 2018
I've worked with Great Blue Resorts for 4 years. In those 4 years I've progressed from a seasonal entry level position to a full time year round employee.
Working on the resort is a great way to meet and talk to everyone. We have themed weeks/weekends and large events through the summer.
If you're looking for a career where you can express your fun energetic personality, then you've found the best team to join!
Great coworkers and management is very approachable!
Pros
Open door policy, great management
Amazing Opportuinty
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Muskoka, ON16 February 2018
This is my second year of working with Great Blue Resorts and its amazing! The team at GBR, the atmosphere and the job itself is rewarding, challenging and exactly what you look for in a job. With consistent help and training, they have helped me and continue to help me everyday become the best sales advisor I can be !
Getting better every year
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskoka, ON9 November 2017
I was with Great Blue for two years and the company is getting better every year, providing opportunities to grow. In the last two years they've recruited some better senior people who listen and do great training and have excellent knowledge about the business. Although I have moved on for family reasons I value my time there and think their future is bright!
Pros
Training
Cons
Work/Life balance in peak season
Terrible
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 October 2017
Full of broken promises, upper management has no idea of what they are doing! Most positions are base plus commission when paying out commissions you need to fight for what is owed! As an employee you are treated as disposable. Zero recognition for hard work and long hours. Human Resources department has no idea of labour laws. Sales Advisors are trained to lie about what they are selling. Anyone thinking of working here just know that you will be taken advantage of!
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No direction, unreliable management team
Official response from Great Blue Resorts
19 February 2018

We appreciate all comments, good, need to improve or indifferent and ask our employees to provide their interpretation of what they experience.

Lots of changes but always improving
Resort Management (Current Employee) –  Ontario Canada10 October 2017
I guess the one buggest thing I can say about Great Blue Resorts, is that it is always changing, trial and error, good or bad, but definately moving forward,
Pros
You have input and ideas are welcomed
Cons
Sometimes indecision in direction
Great Experience, good people
Sales Assistant/Leads Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Valley, ON28 September 2017
I really liked working here because it exposed me to technology more and improved my skills. Only downside is I worked from home on needed days off, and the workload never ends. This kept me busy and that's an upside if you don't want boredom in your job.
Pros
Family like employees
Cons
Worked 7 days a week
Love it here!
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 August 2017
I love working here, everyone is very friendly and there are lots of opportunities to grow within the company!

Management is very hands on and is always available to help!
Pros
Paid Lunch
Great work environment with a fun encouraging team!
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 August 2017
Wile working at Great Blue Resorts, i have learned a lot about team work. The management is excellent and is always there to provide a helping hand, when it comes to solving a problem, giving advice or when you need some extra motivation they are always there cheering you on!

The most enjoyable part of my job is providing excellent customer service to each guest and helping every guest plan a great vacation!
Pros
Great work atmosphere!
Cons
Not being able to see all resorts frequently!
A place to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 August 2017
If you're looking for a company to learn and grow with Great Blue is the place to be. We have already grown so much as a company and we wont be stopping any time soon. Whether you have lots of experience or none at all you will have the opportunity to build your skill set and gain that experience, be it in customer service, computer skills, maintenance skills, sales or managerial experience. The opportunity to move up in the company is always there.
Pros
Family always comes first with Great Blue Resorts.
Cons
Not being able to see all the beautiful resorts as often as you would like.
Fun Work enviroment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 August 2017
Great blue is a place where if you work hard & keep a good attitude you will advance in the company. The management team is amazing and very helpful in regards of personal growth.
Very positive environment to work in.
Pros
paid lunch fun
Employee - McCreary's Beach
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON12 June 2017
Worked with the company since they took over in 2014. Thoroughly, enjoyed the transition. Great management at all levels, excellent work culture, and great support from superiors.
Stay Away
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON10 May 2017
They put up a good front but I would stay far away from this company. They promise so much but you won't see any of it.
Save yourself some time and and look elsewhere.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Over worked, fed lies, incredibly unprofessional
Wouldn't Recommend
Reservations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON25 February 2017
Started off fine but overall was not a good place to work. Not much structure and direction is all over the place. A lot of days you do not feel valuable and as if you are disposable.They work people over the limit with little breaks. Yes, they say weekends are possible, but the amount of hours is ridiculous.You would think after being in the business for quite a few years now, they would have a better strategy but its as if they make things up as they go. Not worth it. Favouritism is quite evident and the way some of the people speak around each other is very unprofessional.
Pros
Discounts at resorts that are still overpriced?
Cons
Hours
Great Blue is a Career, not a job!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON24 February 2017
Great Blue Resorts is a career, not a job. As a young company, we have grown from 3 to 8 resorts over 7 years as a result of hiring GREAT people.

Our culture is such that welcomes open dialogue, an acceptance of diversity and talent. You truly have an opportunity to grow within the business in the direction you desire and the possibilities are endless!

Our evolution in continuous. We evaluate, modify and change as we find better ways to improve how we manage the business and deliver excellence to our customers.
Pros
Great Health Benefits, open door policy, idea promotion, referral program, fresh refreshments, employee and vacation discount, free use of facilities, culture enhancement days, generous vacation time, training & development
Cons
Longer hours in peak season
A fun and energetic place to work that supports personal development!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 February 2017
Through the past 4 years of working with Great Blue Resorts, I've had the chance to grow within the company from an entry level position to the one I'm in today. GBR certainly promotes innovation along with a positive company culture!
Fun and enjoyable
hostess (Current Employee) –  muskoka12 September 2015
Working front desk you get to meet all the great owners and family that come and go. Our team members are like one big family. Everyone helps out everyone. You have to be pretty flexible for hours. Can work long shift, short shifts, in on weekend and working nights. Overall it's a great place to work.
Pros
Great staff, great environment and great owners
A great enviroment to work for and to grow in
Vacation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Niagara on the Lake12 September 2015
I have been with Great Blue for a few years now and have seen alot of changes and growth over the years also. Providing famlies with life time memories is always a rewarding feeling and that is what we strive to do here at Great Blue Resorts.
Pros
helping to make family memories
Cons
not able to be at the resorts and meet all owners and guests

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Blue Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.