Great Blue Resorts

Great Blue Resorts Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
There is a lot of self management and if your are good self motivator then its a great job. The commissions and incentives are pretty good as well as the benefits but management is very disconnected and not very understanding. This can be frustrating at times when they don't listen and aren't accommodating at all. The sales team is great though.
Pros
free lunch, fun and appealing work environment
Cons
long hours, unreasonable targets and not much understanding when they aren't met
Made decent money as salesperson in last year or two and its a fun job to be at a resort meeting cool people but I did not like the culture that the company stood for. Basically when I sold well I got congratulations and good commissions but when I had a tough week I was made to feel stupid and head of sales called me up and basically spoke to me and my colleague like we were children which as a dad myself is kinda embarrassing. There was not enough hands on support at my resort and we didnt see the head of sales for months at a time and all the training he promised me just didnt happen so when he asked me why i was doing it wrong i said that i wanted training and he said ok, but never followed up. But if you like working outdoors its a good place to spend summer.
I jumped a sinking ship because the owner of the company is a bully, belittled his staff and had them on the verge of suffering with stress all because of his agressive management style, screaming, shouting swearing at young recruits. Was asked to just 'figure it out' with no support from him, the HR manager or the Sales Director. He's another story altogether. A tale of egos. They had a great Director who listened, mentored and respected the team but he left this year and the place has been falling to pieces ever since that day, covid or no covid. Contractors won't supply the company because they don't pay bills. Amazed they haven't been taken to Labor board yet. A complete mess. Such a shame.
Throughout my experience with this company, I've been able to use my current skills and develop new ones along the way as I've grown with the company. A good work ethic, attitude and flexibility is key to thriving with this company as it grows!
I love the fast pace at Great Blue Resorts. We are in the hospitality business and really care about our customers and the people we work with. I have been with the company for over 3 years, have opportunities to work at head office or the resorts. I have done several different jobs from year to year and encouraged to apply for other positions as they come up. I have improved my customer service, office and sales skills over the years and look forward to coming to work. Great Blue Resorts supports my ideas and our managers are open to suggestions about improvements. I am a proud to work here from season to season!
Work here for 2 summers, started just working at the golf course then as the summer went on the pretty much needed me for everything and the next summer as well. At one point I had no boss and nobody to report to so I could do whatever I wanted. No training whatsoever just assumed I could figure it out working on these cottages, total joke of a management, this place is run by monkeys
The turnover in this company speaks for itself. Huge disconnect between head office and the resorts. Unrealistic expectations, overworked, understaffed, under appreciated and feeling disposable is the theme here. Promise the world then find sneaky ways to never follow through. Very dishonest at head office.
Work there for many years, and have seen this company promote those that weren't ready or right for the roles. While not promoting those that had worked hard and gone above and beyond for the company. Many false promises and blatant lies by all included the owner, that likes to berate and belittle employees if front of all. Stay away you will be over worked and under appreciated
I wouldnt work for this company again. There were a lot of dishonest words, empty promises and Unpaid overtime. A lot of unpaid overtime. The staff was short in numbers but worked hard. We succeeded, But we put 80 to 90 hour weeks in the maintenance team and I.
I was blindside fired which i dont wish upon anyone. its life changing.
Pros
I made a few great friends
Cons
There dishonest, that should say enough.
The positive reviews here are written by the favourites who have stuck along with this company. Management may "act" like you matter, but after being there for a couple months, the gossip and overall feeling that you are disposable shines through.
Are they learning and growing? Sure, but considering how long they've been doing this, they should have a better handle on things than the disorganization that is "Great" Blue Resorts.
Pros
Coffee, Snacks sometimes
Cons
That this company couldn't live up to its potential
I am currently employed with Great Blue in a Sales capacity. Changes... yes there have been some but if we aren't changing we aren't growing. I can't think of any where else I'd rather be! Thumbs up Great Blue. Keep growing and take me with you!
Pros
People, managment, training
I've worked with Great Blue Resorts for 4 years. In those 4 years I've progressed from a seasonal entry level position to a full time year round employee.
Working on the resort is a great way to meet and talk to everyone. We have themed weeks/weekends and large events through the summer.

If you're looking for a career where you can express your fun energetic personality, then you've found the best team to join!

Great coworkers and management is very approachable!
Pros
Open door policy, great management
Cons
This is my second year of working with Great Blue Resorts and its amazing! The team at GBR, the atmosphere and the job itself is rewarding, challenging and exactly what you look for in a job. With consistent help and training, they have helped me and continue to help me everyday become the best sales advisor I can be !
I was with Great Blue for two years and the company is getting better every year, providing opportunities to grow. In the last two years they've recruited some better senior people who listen and do great training and have excellent knowledge about the business. Although I have moved on for family reasons I value my time there and think their future is bright!
Pros
Training
Cons
Work/Life balance in peak season
Full of broken promises, upper management has no idea of what they are doing! Most positions are base plus commission when paying out commissions you need to fight for what is owed! As an employee you are treated as disposable. Zero recognition for hard work and long hours. Human Resources department has no idea of labour laws. Sales Advisors are trained to lie about what they are selling. Anyone thinking of working here just know that you will be taken advantage of!
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No direction, unreliable management team
Official response from Great Blue Resorts
19 February 2018
We appreciate all comments, good, need to improve or indifferent and ask our employees to provide their interpretation of what they experience.
I guess the one buggest thing I can say about Great Blue Resorts, is that it is always changing, trial and error, good or bad, but definately moving forward,
Pros
You have input and ideas are welcomed
Cons
Sometimes indecision in direction
I really liked working here because it exposed me to technology more and improved my skills. Only downside is I worked from home on needed days off, and the workload never ends. This kept me busy and that's an upside if you don't want boredom in your job.
Pros
Family like employees
Cons
Worked 7 days a week
I love working here, everyone is very friendly and there are lots of opportunities to grow within the company!

Management is very hands on and is always available to help!
Pros
Paid Lunch
Wile working at Great Blue Resorts, i have learned a lot about team work. The management is excellent and is always there to provide a helping hand, when it comes to solving a problem, giving advice or when you need some extra motivation they are always there cheering you on!

The most enjoyable part of my job is providing excellent customer service to each guest and helping every guest plan a great vacation!
Pros
Great work atmosphere!
Cons
Not being able to see all resorts frequently!
If you're looking for a company to learn and grow with Great Blue is the place to be. We have already grown so much as a company and we wont be stopping any time soon. Whether you have lots of experience or none at all you will have the opportunity to build your skill set and gain that experience, be it in customer service, computer skills, maintenance skills, sales or managerial experience. The opportunity to move up in the company is always there.
Pros
Family always comes first with Great Blue Resorts.
Cons
Not being able to see all the beautiful resorts as often as you would like.
Great blue is a place where if you work hard & keep a good attitude you will advance in the company. The management team is amazing and very helpful in regards of personal growth.
Very positive environment to work in.
Pros
paid lunch fun