Graymont

Graymont Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews

It pays the bills and keeps me employed

Family owned company with a long-term perspective that values safety, community relations, mutual respect and teamwork. There is lots to learn if you are willing to work hard. very limited opportunity to move up

J'y travaille pour le salaire

Certains départements sont très bien géré et suivi, tandis que d'autres laisse à désirer.

Pros

Salaire

Cons

Manque de respect envers l'environnement

Insights into Graymont

• Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Horrible

Poor culture. You can expect to made feel that your opinion doesn’t matter. The supervisors are over worked and stressed. For some reason the decisions being made to do the simplest job is to do it the hard way. If you are caught standing around for a minute, someone else is bound to report you to management so it can help make them look like they are working even though they do less work than you. Watch out for the backstabbing types. Some guys were solid and fun to work with, but that won’t save you from the feeling of dread when you get up in the morning to go to work. All in all, I’ve never been treated to so poorly at a job. No accountability by the supervisors and they over work you just to save their butts in order to make production goals.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Overtime, Culture

Une entreprise de classe internationale et très compétitive.

C'est un environnement où il fait beau travailler.

Do you like people thinking you're dumb?

I spent nearly a decade at Graymont Exshaw. The most recent incarnation of their "leadership" is a couple 20-something engineering students with 0 work experience. The only thing they are sure of is that you are dumb. I have never felt less respected than I did over my last 3 years there. The plant superintendent is indecisive and blissfully ignorant. Avoid

Productive and learning

- Start day with assessing job in queue. Prioritizing and working on urgent tickets. - Work on Office 365 and ServiceNow tickets. - Helping team of 9 with following activities: - OS Imaging, Hardware/Software troubleshooting. Roles: - - Creating Windows 10 customized image using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit. - Office 365/ServiceNow Administration. - Learning opportunities. -Management is helpful and encouraging. - Hard part of job to handle disrespectful customers.

Belle ambiance de travail sur les sites

L'équipe SST est en développement et la conformité est en apprentissage. Belle expérience et syndicat rempli de volonté d'améliorer les choses. Bonne chance à tous

Great family working environment

I had a lot of fun working here and if it weren't for unexpected life issues I would still be working here. The overall atmosphere was great for work and the work life balance was the best I have neemn a part of.

A good company to work in

A good company to work in. Mining industry is relatively stable and not too competitive. Employees are treated fairly by employer. Most people are nice. Not much overtime work.

The days are too short for the work that needs to be done

The easiest way to describe the situation is that the plant manager has an 1950 style of management. It's my way or the Highway. You work to make me look good. If you don't, you don't belong here, which means his staff will have to work the necessary hours to get the job done so that that he doesn't have to. The workers themselves are miserable.

Pros

Free Lunches only when the Plant Manager wants to promote himself

Cons

Lots and lots of BS

Great team of people to work with

Young and dynamic team of professionals working together to achieve the company's goals and objectives. Management team going through positive changes in their styles of management.

Pros

People always in good mood

Cons

Consistency

Entreprise solide

Entreprise avec de belle valeurs et très solide. producteur de chaux reconnu en Amérique,

Très bonne entreprise

Travail très diversifié, très demandant physiquement, j'ai pris beaucoup d'expérience à cette endroit

Trepidation in the workplace

Management team is out to get anyone who steps out of line. They are quick to blame and quick to fire. No leniency here, make one mistake and you’re gone. People who have toiled for decades are not safe either. Working conditions are bad and there so many rules you can hardly get your work done. Management plays favorites and conspires. There is lots of gossip. Union is weak, benefits are poor, no direct billing. Worst company that I have worked for.

Pros

Salary average, tool allowance, equipment training, all the PPE you can handle

Cons

Managers govern with an iron fist.

Worst work experience in my entire career!

This company is all about getting the most for the least, employees were fired for asking for raises, or scheduling days off and saying they had plans if called in during their scheduled time off. Absolutely awful company, avoid at all costs. Do not waste your time with this one, its a dead end job that'll take you nowhere in life. Yet one you'll likely get fired from, for no plausible reason. The truly idiotic upper management within this company loves to micromanage in the worst way. They love to pit worker against worker. Manipulate, backstab, and lie. The "union" there is a joke. Problem is, there are so many issues within the company due to part shortages, or having the wrong parts in stock, zero mentorship, Zero training. Also, the work is very unsafe, and frequently forced to lift well over 100 pounds by yourself, despite the max being only 50 pounds.. but the company was FAR too cheap to ever buy a crane, so what choice did we have? They also screw people over on overtime, hours, and pay raises, and training. Missing numerous hours off your paycheck is quite common. I dont want to write a novel, but I literally would be here for hours typing up all the issues with working here.... All in all, please trust me when I say this, DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT, I GUARANTEE YOU.

Pros

Cons

read above.

Good company with no sense of honor!

Had a good experience with this company but the lack of upper management leadership is creating unfavorable conditions.

Pros

Good place to work and people are friendly

Cons

Lots of politics, Poor upper management leadership (trying to show some teamwork but people don't believe it), They don't walk the talk to give honest feedback

Wonderful Place To Work

Wonderful place to work. The payroll department is under HR. The payroll manager and payroll team have been very welcoming and enjoyable to work for and with. The overall HR team is great. They are very friendly and fun. I am learning and growing.

mon travail

une bonne journée,quand le contremaitre est pres et qu il a bien planifier la job pour ne pas perdre de temps. le management n est pas toujours bien sincro. les collaborateur sont bien.

Pros

bon salaire et condition de travail.

Cons

insécurité de l usine

Travaille seul et sans supervion du superviseur

Une journée typique commence avec inspection des véhicules et le remplisage de diesel. Vider le silo de déchets du four à chaux à l aide d un 10 roues et vider le 10 roues dans la carrière à endroit indiqué, plusieurs voyage sont requis. Ensuite descendre le loodeur dans la carrière pour monter du charbon et du coke à l aide d un loodeur et d un 10 roues ou d un hors-route pour l alimenter le four à chaux, encore là plusieurs voyages sont requis. Je suis en constante communication avec opérateur des fours. Quand les silos de charbon et coke son plein, il reste a vider les conteneurs de déchets du four a l aide du rood off et les vider au endroit approprié. L aspect le plus difficile est la chaleur des fours et la chaux qui peut bruler la peau. L aspect le plus agréable est que je peux gerrer ma journée comme je le veux, l important est que le four ne soit pas affecté par le manque de charbon ou par les silos de déchets trop plein. Pour le management, ont rencontre les patrons le matin avant le départ pour nous informer de la journée.

Pros

Le travaille extérieur

Cons

Le manque de sécurité

emploi stable

emploi très bien rénuméré, avec stabilité. l'ambience de travail est très positive

Pros

bon salaire

Cons

beaucoup de temp supplémentaire

very productive,mechanically inclined,fast learner onequipment

Hard worker,safety oriented have a lot of abilities to offer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graymont. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement