Graybar

Canada16 reviews
Good company to work
Good management staff

Excellent product training provided

Good opportunity to move ahead

Excellent work atmosphere

Tones of product offerings from electrical to comm data.
Graybar management expects you to work over and beyond your scheduled hours unpaid. Sales department staff are a bunch of dinosaurs who cry if they don't get their way. Beyond fake. If you respect yourself don't apply. Nepotism at it's finest. Customer appreciation day means you don't get a break. If you are short staffed no breaks. You get a pizza👍
Pros
The drivers are nice.
Cons
Lots.
Graybar has stood the test of time and is growing and expanding their markets / product offerings year over year and is 150 Years this year 2019.
Great place to work and good people / products and systems in place for local and national distribution.
It's a great place to work if you are looking to venture into Comm. data and electrical sales field. They promote life-work balance policy. Moved to a new location and going through a transition at the moment.
What a joke. I’ve noticed now they are not even giving people the false hope of having a decent long term job to progress but offering a one year contract. When you come in you will be expected to have post secondary education, warehouse experience and electrical knowledge. This is for the “entry level job” once your hired you will be doing the work of three people for and working for peanuts
Pros
Benefits from the start
Cons
Many
Graybar thought me about hardwork from the ages of 24- 26. This experience thought me how to meet your deadlines on time and how to handle different occurences thrown at you daily.
Pros
teamwork
I have been with Graybar for 10 years and it's been a great adventure and opportunity to learn so much about myself and my abilities as an account manager.

I have been well taken care of during my time here by being promoted and sent to branches across the country to help train new hires.

The best part about working for Graybar is the continuing education on new products in the growing industry by offering hands on training and product sessions with manufacturers.
A seriously understaffed business. A typical day consists of showing up to work and running around trying to do the work of 3 people and constantly being behind. After five hours with no breaks you finally get to take your one hour unpaid lunch. You miss out on those lunches when the company has a supplier bbq. You are expected to work for 9 hours straight those days and also have to help set up the bbq because they are to cheap to hire outside for those days.
Expected to have post secondary and relevant experience for an entry level job and after hire will not learn much at the job. Not much opportunity for growth unless you want to stick around for years.
Pros
Benefits from start. RRSP marching.steady says with weekends off.
Cons
Low pay, High stress, Fiefdom, dilbertism
lack of advancement broken promises, people are friendly, work 8hr days, lots of self learning, lunch and learn about new product,
head office seems not to care about western canada
Pros
good people
Cons
no advancement
was introduced to the electrical industry and project coordination role
learned a lot from my peers and Managers

i feel that management could have been more understanding at times
Work Life Balance is important to the Graybar Corporation.

They offer incredible training and educational incentives, along with great benefits for employees.

Working with the Graybar sales team is a pleasure!
Pros
Free lunches, RRSP Matching, Great hours
Why I just want a job I dint want to tall about my old company can't wet just do this so that a guy can look for a job without being asked questions.....
The Branch Administrator processes all order for items sold in the branch. Reception. Administrative duties, Cash flow, Warehouse transfers and much more.
Pros
Great environment
Very busy warehouse with limited amount of room for all the supplies fast pace environment but growing business for stable work opportunities.
I would arrive, sit at my desk, then proceed with my day. I would answer phone calls, transfer phone calls, file transactions, photocopy transactions, and run shipment information between the warehouse and the manager. My managers were lovely people and extremely flexible. My co-workers were a lot older than me but treated my professionally and no different than anyone else in the company. The hardest part of the job was being everywhere at once; answering the phones, making copies, filing, and handling ship information all at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a professional environment, it was good preparation for my future.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, expierence
Cons
The commute
It is a beautiful environment with wonderful people. My work is general where I support the warehouse in receiving, putting away, order picking and investigations.
I inherited many problems and right away I started dicusing ways for improvemnet. As a result of these, a lot are left in my hands so that I continue the improvement processes. This has brought too much work load on me and hence the hardest part.

I have been able to put some measures which have brought immense contributions to the processes. I enjoyed my work because the changes I effected and the new ideas have brought positive results reducing peoples frustrations. We are able to serve costumers better and all these results are felt throughout the organizations.
Pros
it's a beautiful team
Cons
peoples concerns are not addressed on time