Graybar Canada Employee Reviews

Do yourself a favour and work somewhere else
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 June 2019
What a joke. I’ve noticed now they are not even giving people the false hope of having a decent long term job to progress but offering a one year contract. When you come in you will be expected to have post secondary education, warehouse experience and electrical knowledge. This is for the “entry level job” once your hired you will be doing the work of three people for and working for peanuts
Pros
Benefits from the start
Cons
Many
Positive energy in this company
ORDER PICKER (Former Employee) –  160 Brunel Rd, Mississauga20 June 2019
Graybar thought me about hardwork from the ages of 24- 26. This experience thought me how to meet your deadlines on time and how to handle different occurences thrown at you daily.
Pros
teamwork
Great place to work and grow
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 August 2018
I have been with Graybar for 10 years and it's been a great adventure and opportunity to learn so much about myself and my abilities as an account manager.

I have been well taken care of during my time here by being promoted and sent to branches across the country to help train new hires.

The best part about working for Graybar is the continuing education on new products in the growing industry by offering hands on training and product sessions with manufacturers.
good company to work for
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2018
lack of advancement broken promises, people are friendly, work 8hr days, lots of self learning, lunch and learn about new product,
head office seems not to care about western canada
Pros
good people
Cons
no advancement
was a good stepping stone
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
was introduced to the electrical industry and project coordination role
learned a lot from my peers and Managers
i feel that management could have been more understanding at times
Balanced Corporation with great benefits
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 October 2017
Work Life Balance is important to the Graybar Corporation.

They offer incredible training and educational incentives, along with great benefits for employees.

Working with the Graybar sales team is a pleasure!
Pros
Free lunches, RRSP Matching, Great hours
Blaa
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2017
Why I just want a job I dint want to tall about my old company can't wet just do this so that a guy can look for a job without being asked questions.....
Graybar Canada, Branch Administration
Branch Administration (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 March 2017
The Branch Administrator processes all order for items sold in the branch. Reception. Administrative duties, Cash flow, Warehouse transfers and much more.
Pros
Great environment
Professional and comfortable workplace environment with great co-workers
Substitute Secretary & Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2015
I would arrive, sit at my desk, then proceed with my day. I would answer phone calls, transfer phone calls, file transactions, photocopy transactions, and run shipment information between the warehouse and the manager. My managers were lovely people and extremely flexible. My co-workers were a lot older than me but treated my professionally and no different than anyone else in the company. The hardest part of the job was being everywhere at once; answering the phones, making copies, filing, and handling ship information all at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a professional environment, it was good preparation for my future.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, expierence
Cons
The commute
Lovely environment with no discrimination.
Warehouse Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2012
It is a beautiful environment with wonderful people. My work is general where I support the warehouse in receiving, putting away, order picking and investigations.
I inherited many problems and right away I started dicusing ways for improvemnet. As a result of these, a lot are left in my hands so that I continue the improvement processes. This has brought too much work load on me and hence the hardest part.
I have been able to put some measures which have brought immense contributions to the processes. I enjoyed my work because the changes I effected and the new ideas have brought positive results reducing peoples frustrations. We are able to serve costumers better and all these results are felt throughout the organizations.
Pros
it's a beautiful team
Cons
peoples concerns are not addressed on time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graybar Canada. Our community is ready to answer.