Graphic Packaging International

Graphic Packaging International Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews

Found 48 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,254 reviews

Decent place to work.

Decent place to work. Great people who create a nice working environment. Lots of room to pick up extra shifts if wanted. Room to grow or move up the ladder if wanted.

It takes a ton out of you.

Difficulties with communication with press personnel. Lack of consistency in understanding position. Zero training. You really get thrown into whatever position and management could really care less. If you get injured on the job you might as well never report it because they won’t believe you anyways. Often looked down due to position and no one really cares to help offer you a hand, unless they want to have you in inappropriate manners. Forget about eating or taking a break. You work 12 hours non stop, and if your not best friends with the operators, taking a break includes a lot of conflict. The company is extremely understaffed and higher ups really forget what it’s like to be in any position less than them. They will give you a hard time all the time and really have no issue making you feel dumb. There’s no point in bringing anything to managements attention as they simply just don’t care.Honestly, there’s better companies out there, that will pay you more for the consistent belittling and stress you deal with. Look away if you can.

Pros

Social Club Overtime Benefits Retirement

Cons

Long hours If your a woman good luck advancing past a material handler Dogs work here, that includes management

Horrible culture

Lots of back stabbing with no clear process from HR. HR is gutless and will not set policies. You are setup for failure. Upper management doesn't care about the employees. They are all ex military and expect you follow orders without question. If you work there DTA don't trust anyone.

Productive fun work environment

Graphic packaging was a fun place to work, the employees were friendly and helpful. Management, and leads were always willing to let you work on other locations to learn all aspects of the job and company

Pros

Lots to learn

Cons

Some long down times

long-time co-worker at Graphic Packaging is a miserable burn-out

Long-time worker of the company was a man of such cheap character, he made it impossible for the new worker to learn. The manager is well aware of this and offered other opportunities within the company but better opportunities were found elsewhere.

Toxic

Depending on what department you work for this place can be either hit or miss. During my time here I saw how a good operator left the firm due to poor management and just tired of the day to day stress. While every job comes with stress this one in particular is one I came to like. However, the work structure and machines in place are very poorly maintained which make it difficult to finish and effectively track work accurately. What makes it worse is the clique like mentality that this workplace holds. Its a dog eat dog world unless you are in with the clique. Managers listen and react to gossip as well as partake in it. Coming to work hoping to do your utmost best is everyone's goal however in such a childish environment its impossible. Several employees here are very unhappy with where they are career/personal life wise..this takes a toll on any what they bring to work each day. Hopefully with the new owners being from a clear professional background they will clean this place up. Although I doubt it....

Pros

Paid lunch break

Cons

Unhappy, unhealthy environment

Nice company

Nice professional place work and good staff .Not stressing job .good displan for everyone . Seem to make a high quality product.dont know too much else about them

Management sucks

If you are a yes man or woman then you will get places there. They dont appreciate anyone. If you are family or a very pretty you will be an operator really fast.

Dont work here

I didnt mind working at graphic until I realized that after one year you dont receive any more pay unless you move up in the company. Women are NOT treated well and one manager in particular likes to get handsy and even though I told HR nothing was done about it. As well as derrogitory terms from other male employees. There one is only one female operator and they treat her badly. Not only that but they took my last pay check to pay for their payroll mistake

Fun workplace

Nice Company, good salary but a lot of rude people in production area, discrimination is very popular specially with the machine operator some had no respect for the new employees

Environnement dangeureux, que des problèmes, aucune organisation

Fuyez comme la peste cette entreprise. On m'a mit au poste du convoyeur et le convoyeur ne fonctionne pas. Les employés disaient que cela faisait 2-3 ans et plus que la direction disait qu'ils allaient le réparer. De plus, ils vous laisse seul sans formation. Résultat: les gars de l'entrepôt vous saute au visage et vous engueule parce que vous n'avez pas fait ce qu'il fallait faire (rappellez-vous: aucune formation). Aujourd'hui, un employé a volontairement voulu rentrer dans moi et mon collègue avec son chariot élévateur, en d'autres termes: nous tuer. Il était fou, enragé. La direction ne fait rien. Les gars de productions vous pousse dans le derrière pour avoir leurs papiers mais quand on leur demande d'attendre avant de fermer le dossier pour compléter la ''paperasse'', ils chiâlent et vous ''pète une coche''. Pas étonnant que ce soit tous des nouveaux. La direction ne fait rien parce que les gens de bureau ne savent aucunement ce que c'est de travailler sur le plancher. Ah et la convention collective du syndicat: bidon. Bravo guys, vous remportez le premier prix pour ''how to fuck up a whole cardboard factory".

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Toute

It’s ok if you have been treated fairly

My self can only speak what issues that were surrounding me and you have to be there to see it or feel it therefore if I am to say something about what I have been thru you will think it’s not so

Stagnate Company

People who are just there to earn a paycheque. No culture of improvement. Older workforce. People are hired for a specific role, and not what they bring to the table.

Job experiance was exellant

Always miss the job and the peoples worked all togather like family. Job experiance was excellant. Learnt a lots and got confidence because it was my first job in Canada.

Productive and busy environment

Productive and very busy environment. Deals with multiple customers on a daily basis from order taking to inventory of various paper packaging products.

Long hours and not really employee friendly, not a place you want to work for your career. (Unless you love being stressed out by your manager)

At first its all good, long hours means good pay and the employees are friendly for the most part. But it seems like the manager is an alcoholic, always red faced and ready to snap on anyone for the little things. Im not bashing the company but this is my personal experience that I believe has been experienced by most employees at the factory. Wasn't told much about what I was doing at some points and it seemed like their expectations were really high. Working 12 hour midnight shifts is a lifestyle I wouldnt wish on anyone. Good luck to anyone seeking employment, I do not recommend working here.

Politics immensely applied and observed.

Great pay and benefits! Employees are great. Management is not so bad. Supervisors kids works in summer as production assistant but rarely given hard work. Wouldn’t help other employees to empty bins, says not part of the job. Newer employees are offered positions inside the plant (weeks after being in the production, is being trained to printing jobs). Upon signing contract states all employees must work all shifts. But seniors stays in fixed morning shifts. Internal hiring. Former senior assistants were given office works to count corrugates and sit in the office all day. This should’ve been a great place to work. If these don’t bother you, you are welcome to join the team.

Pros

Employees. Pay.

Cons

Management up.

Miss leading on the job title ur not a manager

worked there one half weeks before they let me GO, as IT Manager i was told am to advanced for them and they let me go , I have never seen an HR department so unqualified for doing there job wright, the IT room or server room was from the 80's so much old equipment that it made you wonder how the company is running there business, spoke to the US team they didn't have much good things to say about the VP of Canada apparently they have had a hard team with the owner of the Canadian location, they are going to expect you to do wonders form them but tell you not to go by what the US is saying the worst corporate politics i have ever seen, at its finest. who ever take this position i wish you the best coz no one has anything good to say about this company even there staff from the plant to the office, they will talk down to you as if you are from a third world country, as its a new position HR will micro mange your every move and tell you what to do even though they have know idea how IT works, i can go on with so much more but whats the point ....move on and forget about the past ........

Pros

ntg

Cons

ntg

workplace culture

it was good place to work as they are very organized, i had to feed the production line by bringing the materials to the machine operators, also i was loading and offloading trucks using counter balance forklift or clamp forklift. it was very friendly culture from the CEO to the employees and supervisor, every second Friday company order pizza

Poor culture

Bully supervisor. Name calling.. Swearing....yelling. No respect for people. I quit as i cant watch mistreatment of my coworkers. Job is nice as are coworkers. Management barely engaged employees

Pros

Good employees. Nice job

Cons

Supervisor...management

company is good keen towards productivity labour facilities are also impressive with clean facilities and salary is also givem at time. so basically the firm is good

Pros

IT IS A successfull company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graphic Packaging International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7