Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

A Good place to learn a lot ! It was a pleasure work in Grant Thornton , Amazing employees , wonderful services! It is a Great company to do a carrear And Have so much knowledge! I enjoyed My time !
Pros
Agreement with gym
Cons
Bad management
This position is hyped to sound like a great, fun-loving, culture forward place, but, in reality, the pay is basically minimum wage (when you break it down) and the expectations and volume of work are insane. Be prepared for managers to step on your career to advance their own.
Work load was constant and fast paced. Learned a lot about audit techniques. The company provided a great deal of training. The culture of the company is excellent as employees are encouraged to spend time with family and to do things to keep themselves healthy and engage with the community.
Pros
Variety of training opportunities
Cons
It's a well established organization with international standards based on standard operating procedures. As the Audit Manager, I was charged with the responsibility of reviewing each and every Audit file to make sure that it complied with the following: 1) the international financial reporting standard
My job at Grant Thornton was a contract position and only lasted 11 weeks because of covid but while I didn’t get the full Grant Thornton experience I was comfortable, for the most part busy hours were perfect and I would definitely work there again.
Overall, the work experience in GT was fine. The salary was relatively low when compared to similar firms. GT hired so many CPA students and we (the students) needed the work experience to obtain our CPA, so we were willing to accept very low wages in order to get the experience. It happened to all the public accounting firms so there's not much to blame. GT had many offices and each office had its own office politics. The office politics were extreme in our local office, and there was limited transparency. If you choose GT, make sure to choose a larger office that can give you good exposure to the work.
The company has fully evolved since I started. We started out feeling like a family - management were apprachable and valued our comments, we had social gatherings, we felt appreciated and that we were making a difference. That is no longer the case. The majority of staff make less than the people filing for bankruptcy. We are expected to maintain unrealistic workloads for low wages. the environment has become increasingly negative and toxic. i would not recommend a job with Grsnt Thornton's Bankruptcy unit to anyone
Pros
they dont micromanage
Cons
everything else
Great working environment. Best team i have ever work. Very helpful management and continent location.Great working environment. Best workplace culture. management are available to help on each step and continent location.
good
Cons
relax
Best Company compare to others best in salary ,work time, Holidays , promotions , paper less work 70% work is easy full digital nice to work here. Great work environment
very positive days - mgt assisted when negative built confidence, promoted growth management very supportive pushed me to be my best culture positive 24/7 was enjoyable Every day I felt I learned something. Management very supportive of any family illness so you never felt pressured.
Pros
working from home when you needed to help family during illness
Cons
no cons
This company has its seasons where it is all hands on deck non stop work. However, they know how to keep the environment lose and comical at times to bring down the stress levels. If you enjoy high intense number crunching with room to move up ranks gain higher pay and have good benefits then this is for you. Lots of work to be done at all times and lots of room to prove yourself to corporate.
Salary and benefits are average, other than that, you get your work done it's a good place to work. Management has a good head on their shoulder and company has good culture.
Grant Thornton is a great place to work with intelligent individuals in a relaxed environment. Colleagues are super helpful> work-life balance is encouraged.
I liked to work there . it was a temporary contract . The job involved mostly on the phones. you can learn a lot of new things there. Managers are very friendly and very accommodating
Company Culture was very strong, but the workload is unsustainable and pay is absolutely terrible. If you're willing to suffer through YEARS of being underpaid, the upside is eventually there for you.
Too many games played with performance reviews, salary, promotion and bonuses. The internal performance review systems are ever-changing and confusing. People and Culture talk a big game but this rarely makes it into reality or practice. Salaries are not competitive and stagnant. The firm is stuck not knowing what it wants to be somewhere between a Big 4 and a unstructured string of local firms.
Really helps you grow professionally and very inclusive atmosphere! Loved working here! Even during tax season, and that says a lot in itself. I would highly recommend working there to any of my friends/family.
Was treated like a complete outsider! Horrible place to work! The women especially were very petty, unreasonable and manipulative. Worst job experience of my entire career! I would NOT recommend working here!
The people and the culture make GT a great place to work. The firm emphasizes personal growth and gives everyone at every level opportunity. Unfortunately, like all professional services firms, the work eventually can become your life.
Pros
Networking, social events, learning
Cons
Work hours
Workplace culture and management at Grant Thornton is extremely poor. Most of the managers in the firm only have their positions because they had been with the company the longest. This company is not interested in fresh ideas nor do they support the talented staff that is constantly passing through their doors. If you are the type of person that enjoys a grey work environment and wants to just keep there heads down till payday without, then this is hte company for you.
The people at Grant Thornton are very easy to get along with and the company has a great culture. However, you are expected to work hard and unfortunately, the pay does not reflect the effort, especially at the beginning. The company does provide a lot of training and coaching for workers and there is a lot of support.
  1. Employee reviews