Graniteworx Inc.

Graniteworx Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Where to start, this is the most dysfunctional, poorly managed company. Stay clear. The shop employees are mostly great, but held back by a terrible owner. Rate of pay is unfair, no formal training was given, and the turn around of employees was unprecedented. There is no room for advancement, and there are no safety standards or requirements in place. Run Forrest run part 3.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment
Environment is welcoming, staff are friendly and helpful. Pay is comparable to the work that needs to be done and bonuses are great incentives. There has been support to work life balance and there has been understanding when unexpected family matters arisen. Staff have been approachable and helpful through my training period. Happy to be a part of the team.
I can go on for months about how crappie of a job is places. The owner is a worst person you could ever work for. He talks so down to people very uncomfortable place to work. There is no job advancement it's all lies. It took me months after months to try and get any advancement for pay. I threatened to quit and they gave me a raise from 15 to18. Hands down that place should be shut down.
is a bi
O boy, where to start? Well, In the 4 months that I worked there I saw 18 people leave and I had the second highest seniority on the shop floor by the time I quit. No matter how capable you are, you will never be an efficient worker in the eyes of the owner and he will always know what's best(even though he has no clue how to run any of the machines). Be prepared to be micromanaged, understaffed, and belittled constantly. When machines go down, you will be expected to pump out the same amount of production as if you had all machines running. If none of that scares you off, then I wish you luck(although luck will be useless to you here) but my advice would be to run. Run fast and far away from this place.
Management understanding of how things are done and how He thinks things can be are very different.
A very large number of employees have left to work for other granite/quartz companies.

People aren’t leaving Because of company or employees they are leaving because of management.
Not happy at all with the working environment and the work load is too much . Manager doesn’t knows that how hard it is to operate 3 machines alone but all he want is the production. Sorry to say but don’t get hired over here.
Hands down the worst place I’ve ever worked. The workload is unmanageable, and unrealistic on the days the machines want to work properly. The GM is obsessed with scheduling, but only at 1 of the 4 stages in the process. “It’s the most logical explanation” is a common term used by the GM when he’s coming up with a ridiculous theory to what happened on machines he doesn’t know ho to run (but it’s his company and he can do and say what he wants according to the current manager). The current manager is lucky number 10 in the last couple years. The guys on the floor (with the exception of two) are good hard working guys that will do anything to help each other stay ahead, but that is all overlooked and goes unnoticed daily because the unrealistic schedule isn’t met to the standards of the GM.

But after all that if you really need a job, say you have experience with Bretton machines (wink wink nudge nudge) you’ll be hired on the spot.
I am not one to bash or criticize; however, there is a reason why I am no longer there. The industry itself, such as how countertops and vanities are made is very interesting, but I still left a job that I enjoyed doing for a reason. All you need to do is look at the star ratings I have given to see why I left...I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the tasks, the work/life balance, or the money.
To give whoever reads this a better idea, I left Graniteworx for another company that does exactly the same thing and that is roughly the same distance to work from home.
Pros
Good people work on the shop floor
Cons
Poor Management
The owner has a hard time letting you do your actual job. You may be hired as one thing and then by the end of the next week your job can change to take on roles that aren't even in your department. Once the owner has it in his head that something is wrong (even if it isn't) he won't accept any other explanation. He will constantly tell you that a 3 hour job should only take 20 mins and there should be no reason for any longer. He also likes to throw temper tantrums and throw finished granite pieces around and punch the lockers for good effect.

If that doesn't do it for you, wait until you see the favouritism. The more drugs you supply or booze your drink the higher you will get in the company.

The pay is mediocre at best and the owner will dock you every single minute that he can until your time card meets his standard. He will even dock you if he asked you to stay late.

Run and don't look back.
Cons
Management is delusionall, poor work environment
This company's #1 issue is their management, particularly their GM. He is a micro-manager with limited respect for work/life balance, little tact and very little business sense. Hours will be cut without warning, but the next week you will be expected to work overtime (and if you refuse, you will be reprimanded and possibly demoted). Workload was always unmanageable and team members are constantly trying to pass off work to others. One of the worst jobs I have ever had, hands down.