Granite Transformations Employee Reviews

unstable and poisonous work environment
Granite installer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2018
company went bankrupt, all the while management continued to lie about the status of the business. Many employees didn't get paid. Growth, benefits and raises were often brought up, but never followed through
Pros
good install staff
Cons
horrible management
Working to pay for Boss' divorce, employees are great though.
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2016
My time here:
1. Zero Benefits - when asked why, was told there was a "specific reason", was never told what that reason was.
2.The Pay - oooh boy the pay. It's terrible, so you cant afford external benefits even if you wanted them. There's no room for advancement either. Claims that mistakes affect everyone's pay, then buys a brand new truck every year.
3. The Boss - boinking his receptionist at another franchise, which led to his divorce with his wife, who worked at the company. Boss spends more time at the other location. Supervises through numbers.
4. The Employees - are great. A good group of hard workers who don't get enough credit. The exceptions are the family of the Boss. One doesn't work at all, the other doesn't stop complaining. Obvious favoritism is abound in the job culture in the shop.

Summary:

There's a reason the sign out front is smashed and the truck is sabotaged.
Pros
Occasional pizza
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Great company and product
Owner/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 November 2013
Bathfitter Branch Manager and Granite Transformations General Manager:

-I started the first Bathfitter corporate office including sourcing a relevant location, setting it up with a showroom, administrative area and shop. While this was happening I started sending out ads for key people.
-As with Bathfitter, at Granite Transformations I had to also find a relevant property and set up a showroom, administrative area and shop. Further I had to source and evaluate suppliers while seeking personnel to fill various positions.
-Concurrently, I set in place advertising to start generating leads for me to pursue.
-I hired and trained the initial installation staff.
-I hired and trained the first administrative person. Initially began with quickbooks and later transferred to specific corporate developed administration software.
-I started a lead tracking spreadsheet to evaluate marketing initiatives and results.
-The sales force was the last group to hire and train. In their absence I handled all leads to learn best methods, ensure a steady stream of sales and to get a "feel" of the market. This was generally performed in the evenings and weekends to ensure all decision makers were present and to focus on establishing branch installation and administrative functions during the day.
-I began hiring and training sales people. I monitored leads, close rates, average dollar sale and other KPI's. I travelled regularly with sales people to ensure best practices were maintained, evaluate sales presentations and to keep in tune with the information potential customers required and the
  more... answers given.
-I developed additional marketing initiatives such as static mall displays, home shows, various print media (home improvement magazines, valpack, local newspaper inserts, door hangers etc.)
-I managed marketing initiatives to balance sufficient lead volume without overburdening sales reps, overlapping initiatives to ensure a steady supply of leads but also to stay within budget targets.
-With Granite Transformations I created and managed a website as well as a Facebook page to assist our marketing efforts.
-I organized sales people to solicit and track various marketing points such as source, demographics etc. to build a demographic profile on our clients for future marketing and to evaluate various marketing initiatives to determine their success rate.(tracked primary and secondary sources from customers perspective).
-I also tracked leads and sales by postal code for future direct mail marketing initiatives separately from our general sales tracking reports. Canada Post can target to the street, specific information to increase "quality" leads at a very affordable cost (in relation to other marketing costs).
-I developed a successful referral program for existing customers. (15% return BF,11% GT)
-I developed a targeted marketing campaign to take advantage of satisfied installations. Utilizing store bought, off the shelf software we targeted homes immediately around the installed home. (10% sales appointment generation, 55% close rate BF. 8% and 52% GT)
-lead tracking included the venue, run dates to evaluate seasonality, number of leads generated, closure rates on leads, average dollar per sale, cost per sale to evaluate the profitability of each particular marketing initiative.
-I developed specific marketing tools such as "thank-you" cards and referral incentives, pitch books, "close packs" featuring a professional billfold to include relevant brochures, warranty, feature/benefit sheet, copies of satisfied customer letters and the contract.
-I developed a follow-up system for unclosed leads and incentive program to ensure an aggressive attention to these leads. This was done in the evenings with a person specifically hired and compensated for this task. They also maintained an evening showroom presence.
-I held weekly sales meetings to share results, keep the reps informed of upcoming events, group training, feedback from sales reps and other branch matters.
-I continued to develop in-home sales tools for the reps. Initially I developed a "pitch" book followed by PowerPoint presentations on tablets. This was to give our clients a sense of professionalism, have all salespeople follow a proven selling presentation and to ensure all key points were addressed. This was constantly tested and upgraded.
-Installation personnel were evaluated on follow-ups, service callbacks, referrals from past installations, cleanliness and inventory, and truck maintenance.
-held monthly installation meetings to address installation concerns and issues, discuss installation KPI's, feedback and various branch matters and schedule issues.
-I often travelled with installation personnel to evaluate, train and reinforce best service practices.
-I developed and managed an installation vehicle preventative maintenance program.
-I purchased, outfitted and lettered all vehicles
-initially I scheduled all installations and service calls until we grew to add administrative personnel to handle these functions.
-I developed monthly and quarterly sales contests and incentives to reward team and individual results and to keep the "day-to-day" exciting.
-With success, we developed and encouraged a team approach while establishing bench marks and minimum performance criteria (average 65% team close rate BF, 56% GT)
-I also established performance criteria and bonuses to reward installation, shop, and administrative personnel for "over the top" effort. Also regularly held team and individual contests with these departments to encourage competition and reward results.
-As we grew we looked for additional markets and niche's to exploit, primarily commercial work.
-initially I handled large volume or commercial work but I eventually hired personnel whose primary function was to solicit and grow the commercial market.
-With Bathfitter we split the office to get a more "regional presence", reduce costs and drive time but to target more precisely, our regional marketing efforts. I did this twice, creating 3 separate shops but maintained a central administrative office for scheduling appointments and installations.
-I joined various trade, commerce and other associations to network and promote our products and services.
-I got involved in community programs and sponsorships to foster a good "corporate citizen" profile including sports sponsorship, charity drives, community service initiatives.
-I monitored competition and established price points, volume discounts and related profitability matters.
-I continually evaluated suppliers and materials to reduce cost and maintain a superior standard of materials for installation.

Bathfitter Regional Manager:

-I was responsible for the profitability for all Canadian Corporate offices. Until I took over, never had all branches achieved profitability together.
-When I left all branches combined achieved a 22% net profit margin and grew 34% over the previous year. This occurred in my first year.
-I hired and trained new Branch Managers and oversaw and assisted in their initial introduction to the Branch
-I was the liaise for Canadian franchises helping them with marketing, and technical issues
-being a "hands-on" person, I made a point of riding with every installation and sales representative in my region. This was to help establish my credibility, pass tips and techniques I learned, discover new methods, and get a feel of the atmosphere of the branch. It was also to set a precedent for Branch Managers to follow my example.