Granite Club Employee Reviews

alright place
SERVER/BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 October 2018
I used to love coming to work, it was a great place to work. until new management started last year. since then i have never seen more people getting fired and quit. everyone is getting paid the same however if youre a good worker they will suck the life out of you. youre expected to work so much and given nothing in return. benefits are ok, food is nasty downstairs, and people get fired over taking some food home from the left over buffet. also the amount of food waste in this place is absolutely ridiculous. weve been getting so many new people and no one is being trained which means more work for us, management seems disconnected. tey will ask us what needs improvement but nothing ever changes. still the same...
Organized place with very nice peopl
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2018
I was a temp from an agency that sent me there when they needed valet. The managers and members are very nice and it is a great work environment. Employees enjoy it there.
Good place to work and a lot of very nice people.
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
Granite club is one of the best places to work at in terms of job security. They give a lot of hours and the pay is above average. It is a very fast-paced environment.
Good pay, poor hours
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
Initially was led to believe this position would provide full time employment for the duration of the contract. In reality was only given work for 2/6 weeks employed.
F&b
Senior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  F&B24 March 2018
I have worked at the Granite Club for almost 5 years . The F&B department is amazing. Always new thing going, lot to learn and if you are looking to develop in you career is the place to be. If you put the time and effort it will open many doors for you . I never felt left alone and the management pushes you to achieve many good things and to become better at your job. Great training and great stuff support. I will definitely recommend for young cooks that want's to learn the proper way of been in the industry.
Pros
Great training and staff development. Good salary and benefit. Good work and life balance.
Overall great working environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
Many opportunities to learn and grow within the organization. Effective management, good job security and advancement. Fast pace environment in the F&B, especially weekend branches. Long working hours in management positions. Culinary team has broad knowledge and great creativity. It was sometimes hard work, as well as fun.
Pros
organized work environment, knowledgeable staff
Cons
long hours, union
Athletic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2018
Good culture overall great place to work. Holidays, benefits, and work life balance important to the granite. Family feel everyone seems to know everyone who works there
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
This was a great place to work the members and management are awesome. The workplace offers great meals everyday and excellent benefits.

a typical day is 8 hours but they have lots of hours to give out as there are so many staff and there are frequently sick calls.

The best part of this job is the people and the beautiful building.
Good compensation, poor training, mixed management.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
- Good compensation and benefits thanks to a decent union.
- 8-hour shifts, overtime pay for extra hours.
- Working culture is mostly positive.
- Perpetual under staffing, minimal training. Not always clear what your responsibilities are.
- Management will either be helpful or make your life a nightmare, depending on how much they like you.
- Mods like you've never seen.
Pros
pay, union, management
Cons
understaffed, lack of training, management
Valuable Worforce
Athletics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  2350 Bayview Ave.24 July 2017
Granite Club is an outstanding Sport and Hospitality environment to work in. With the flexibility in shifts, meal coverage, benefits and staff events really makes you feel as if it is a home away from home.
Pros
Meal coverage and good pay
Cons
Some Micro Management
Productive and Fun workplace with children
Lead Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
Teach the kids how to learn a particular sport, responsible for watching them the entire shift. I learned how to keep the children entertained for a long time. The management is very good, they keep a very good relationship with their staff.
Very good and nice place to work
Housekeeping Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Every day is different, especially on weekends
I learned a lot, about everything and I have the opportunity to know nice people in all areas.

I loved it my job and members in general
Bad management
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON9 May 2017
I'm currently in f&b. management and supervisors in this department are very rude the don't care about the employees at all. The are very selfish. These people are the worst management I have ever worked for.The supervisor can barely speak English. Employees work like slaves. No weekends.
Cons
Productive, sufficient and fun work environment
GEAR ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 May 2017
The Granite Club is a family oriented environment for members and employees. I have no complaints about my position here and look forward to my time working at the Granite Club. The management is always reasonable, and understanding. It is by far, my favourite work environment in all my 4+ years of working.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Distance
Fast-paced, demanding work environment, friendly colleagues.
Executive Assistant to the CEO & GM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
High profile employer that provides a very enjoyable working experience; a lot of very nice people, friendly and smiling at all times. Situated in a beautiful uptown area. The requirement for excellence reflects in all areas of activity to preserve the prestige and tradition. Employees must maintain a professional appearance and a perfect demeanor at all times in relation to their both their peers and members. Privacy and confidentiality are mandatory. Some long hours are required. Decent pay and good benefits. Accessible by TTC, ideally one should drive to work; parking is free for all employees. There is a major concern for health and safety for employees and members alike at all times; everyone is accountable for safe work practices and the control of physical hazards in their areas. Training and orientation sessions are very well organized, thorough, informative and gratifying. All in all, a very desirable place to work in provided that one is a good fit to the culture.
Pros
complimentary meals, workout sessions during lunch hour
Great Place to work
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
I work in the clinic at the club and I truly have no complaints, the management is fantastic and super flexible with hours. A great place to work part time during school.
Pros
Food on site, lots of activities and discounts
Cons
n/a
Thumbs Down in the kitchen too
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON10 March 2017
Worked at the golf course 3 years ago. Typical hierarchical behavior . staff were unsupportive, and unfriendly. Chef yelled his face off and lost temper on a regular basis. Pay is low.. Not recommended for new students as this place may ruin what should be a positive experience for a first job, unless you've got thick skin. Yet they hire many students. 😫
Pros
Use Cooking skills
Cons
Grumpy staff, grumpy chef, typical hierarchical behavior
Terrible management, horrible environment
F&B (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
If your at F&B they have the worst management and environment.
They dont care about employees, they only care about the business. No growth. No weekends.
Pros
Zero pros
Cons
12hours work on weekends. No life
Amazing staff, Supervisors, and Environment
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
The environment at Granite Club is absolutely amazing. All of my co-workers at the Granite Club could not be better. Management is clean and effective with communication, and very accommodating.
Pros
Free Lunches
Client service
Child Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2016
Great team environment
opportunities for skills and professional development
hardest part is that days can get long
The culture of the club is most enjoyable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Granite Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Granite Club Reviews by Location