Grandview Children's Centre

Grandview Children's Centre Employee Reviews

3.7Job Security & Advancement
Very efficient
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 December 2018
Grandview children's centre is very efficient and resourceful to all children with or without exceptional needs.

The staff is hardworking and supportive at the same time
Pros
Welcoming and friendly
Cons
(none)
Great people
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 March 2018
I was a lifeguard for classes of woman and men aged 40+ with physical injuries or pain and they were all really nice and funny, I had lots of fun working.
Supportive atmosphere, rewarding job
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 January 2018
- Typical Day: prepared the room for the client, wrote SOAP notes, prepared/made other items for use during the session

- Learned: how to engage a client in the session, work around sensitive subjects

- Management: supportive, knowledgeable

- Workplace culture: supportive, helpful, co-operative, friendly

- Hardest part: some clients' family members are difficult to get engaged in the therapy, clients are sometimes challenging

- Enjoyable: being able to play with the clients, seeing the change/progress of the client, some days are very easy, variety of people to work with
Amazing place to work
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 February 2014
I did a co-op here for school and I absolutely loved it. I learned a lot about the children that go there and all about their conditions. My typical day would be setting up rooms for appointments, games, groups, and then putting the children in their walkers and helping them to regain strength in their lower extremities. It was an amazing experience. I only put one star for salary and benefits because I didn't get paid and I don't know what the people get paid there. Hardest part of the job is having to see all the children and not being able to completely help and solve their problems just improve them, but the most enjoyable part would be helping the children and just being around them.