Grande Cheese

Grande Cheese Employee Reviews

Good first job
This is a good place to have a first job. You learn a lot about customer service and how to talk to customers. You will also learn what you don't want to do.
Just a place to work part-time
There is nothing exceptional about working at Grande Cheese factory. The pay is minimal, the hours are limited and the work is nothing to write home about. It's a decent place to work part-time while attending school.
it's a good place to work temporary
We open the store and we have always a lot of customers waiting at the door, it's time to serve with a big smile, even thou sometimes we don't feel so happy but our personal life stays outside.
Sometimes I'm working on cash, there we have to serve with a lot of patience and be careful with scanning items and deal with other peoples money. we have to maintain the workplace in good conditions nice and clean. Also, the cashier is the last person from the store that people talk with on their way out, so we have to give a good impression, treat them nice so they visit again.

Some days I work in the deli department, if we have a good team, the works runs quick and without any problems, we have to serve customers, slice different products, rotate products on display and on the shelfs, we have to vacuum pack product to put on the shelfs, fill in the shelfs with products, check the prices.
Pros
good team, good environment, learn to understand basic Italian, because a lot of custumers don´t know how to speak english, work schedules change every week
Cons
the pay is minimum wage, there are no raises, even if I do more and more every day, it's a small family business and I can´t grow professonaly.