Grand Villa Casino Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Title - Gaming Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 September 2018
Management doesn't care about you at all. Complaints went unheard, hard work is not rewarded . If your not kissing butt you are not going anywhere.

The security compliance manger was arrogant and HR was more useless than t*ts on a bull.

Couldn't pay me a years salary to go back.

Only + was the benefits package and pay was decent.The majority of my co-workers were solid and hard working.
Co-workers were great but management stole money from me.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2018
The other server's and bartenders were great but management was either creepy and sexually harassing, or forced you into tipping them even though they we'rent allowed as per Union rules. They would guilt you into giving them money after they came behind the bar and served customers for you for absolutely no need. Always counting my tips and leaving tips they made seperate then at shift end wanting more than they made. I literally would give my manager more money then i got to take home. Because it's Union and I was the lowest I had to do other people's jobs as well. The bar was filthy every day I opened and I documented everything for my Union rep but recieved no response.
Good overall
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 July 2018
Pros:
casual position, flexible schedule, good rate, professional training provided, good management

Cons:
Have to stand for a long time, mostly graveyard shifts for junior employees
You never want to work with them
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  British Columbia11 April 2018
As a new immigrant, I was in a condition that I have to stack with this company for a few years. It was a nightmare! The management is very corruptive and unsupportive. There were a few good managers, but they all left the company very soon, probably when they realized what a real face of the company is. I do not mention that I had not have a family time ever- you work nights, weekends, and all holidays.
Pros
really nothing
Cons
really everything
fun work place
CASINO SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2018
good place to work. There is a lot of thing you'll gonna learn and good benefits and the most important of all is helping the people specially the senior's.
Best place I've worked thus far, great location, fun environement
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
Such a fun place to work. The events such as Oiler hockey games and concerts made it really worthwhile. Not to mention very friendly staff and management.
Great benefits and perks. Coworkers are generally friendly.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 September 2017
You must have thick skin in this business. People are gambling with real money and you are the front line person they deal with. You are also dealing with addiction in gambling or alcohol.
management
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2017
would have been an awesome place to work if the management knew what they were doing, could never get straight answer form any of them. There response to any question was that's how it's done by head office.
Pros
meet a lot of nice people
Cons
lack of respect for employees
People were told to have fun availability for this job, then when we started working there were no hours.
great customer service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2017
They have a very small staff room which is meant for all workers in the casino. There is not enough hours because there are not enough customers due to no parking and no smoking.
I enjoy working with my fellow workers
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 January 2017
A typical work day is helping customers with either replacing their Encore cards or applying for a new card. Printing out customers coupons and validating them. Selling gift cards and lottery tickets. At the end of the day you are scanning and documenting the sales for the food and beverage department.
Pros
My fellow workers are pleasant to work with.
Cons
Short breaks
Good & motivating Environment, Good Chefs & Management
1st Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2016
Everythings is awesome. Good place & new environment. Good motivation from head chefs where they will push you a lot to learn more.
Pros
free lunch & with benefits
Beautiful Store
Food and Beverage Server/Porter (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 July 2016
Carried a lot of wonderful things.
It was located in a beautiful place in Whiterock.
Customers were great, the manager and owner were amazing.
Good place to work with great long lasting employees
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 June 2013
emails, work for the day
learn new procedures
management was ok had a few bosses while employed
work close with the payroll clerk and human resources
completing payroll on transmission deadline
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Longs hours
Productve and fun workplace with billiard table
Drop Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 May 2013
Grand villa Casino is an exciting and lively workplace.We usuaal start the day with slot drop pull and table games drop.The management is great.Fellow co - workers are vibrant and exciting people to work with.They are pro active and hardworking.The job is becoming easier due to team effort.The hardest part of the job must be ,waking up very very early to be in the casino before 4 am.The most enjoyable part of the job ,is meeting and dealing with different people and working and learning from them.
Pros
free coffee
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Villa Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Grand Villa Casino Reviews by Location