Grand River Personnel

Grand River Personnel Employee Reviews

Helpful staff and Job security at Grand River Personnel

The GRP team/ staff are accommodating and approachable in looking for job opportunities. I am a part-time student during the summer, and they helped me find a job that will work with my schedule. If I can't attend a job or if I want to work more extra shifts, you can just let them know, and they'll tell you instantly if they have any openings. They are one call away, and the staff are so kind and understanding. Definitely recommend working for this agency.

Pros

Kind and understanding staff, job security, and flexible schedule

Good company

It is a recruiting company that searches multiple employers and finds the best job that suits your abilities. It's a temp agency. You can work as little or as much as you want.

Convenient

When you need temporary work this is the best place to go. The only down side is you could be let go at anytime so it is not good for stability. You will need an actual job while you do this on the side. Everyone in GRP is incredibly nice and sophisticated.

Toxic office

Hated working here. Owners were super pretentious and not supportive. Ladies in the office are catty. Working late in a busy office and then having to lie to some of the candidates was shady

Pros

Free food sometimes

Cons

Toxic

Official response from Grand River Personnel

31 July 2019
Thanks for the feedback. I am truly sorry that you had a negative experience here as we pride ourselves at Grand River Personnel in treating all of our team members like family. I'm concerned about the experience you had that made you feel as though you were not being transparent with our job seekers. This is not something that we promote and we work very hard to make sure that we treat everyone who walks into Grand River Personnel professionally, fairly and ethically at all times. I would like to discuss this this further with you. Please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at info@grandriverpersonnel.ca

Official response from Grand River Personnel

27 September 2019
I'd still like to have a discussion with you. Why don't you call me, 519-576-0920 x 228

staffing agency that is always there

I have been off and on again with GRP since 2014, ALWAYS willing to help me when I am in dyer need of a job, and almost always willing to help with the hours I require.

Pros

always paid weekly

Cons

STAFFing agency, so not always best pay per hr

Great temp company

Very good temporary company, went to various places of employment, so never the same job twice, was great experience within my business administration field.

General Labour

General Labour. Lots of Places. Work mostly in the Kitchener area. Something different every day new company and people. All were very helpful and got me a lot of skills in all area of business

Pros

Ok

Cons

Ok

Temporary assignments help with work when really needed

Great for when you need money and cannot find work. Temporary you may not have a solid position. Helped me in my time of need. Very grateful for opportunity but would like a solid position.

Great Company and potential for FULL TIME HIRING!!!

I worked with GRP several times while I was in the middle of career gaps, deciding if what I was doing was right for me, or just taking a breather from the positions that I had left due to HIGH STRESS volume! GRP Team were always supportive right from the start! They helped to identify my triggers, what I wanted and did not want in my positions, and helped my find some great positions that I truly loved. I worked for 2 different companies through them in very short amounts of times and both companies were very eager to offer my daughter and I full time positions to commence right away. Unfortunately, The first one did not match with my spouses schedule so we had to decline and that it being in another city made for more of a difficult situation. I would have jumped at this chance because it was full time permanent work....no layoffs! The second position was offered to my daughter, I could not work there due to latex allergy, but again it was full time, no layoff. She was a hard worker and they like her there! It just goes to show, if you apply yourself, even if you have no skills but are learning and willing to learn more everyday, you can find a great job through a great company! GRP Team is one of the very best out there and what you give to them is EXACTLY what you will get in return. Show them you want it, and they will show you it can be done.... They did for us and several occasions and I am grateful to them!

Pros

support, shifts, ongoing learning, overtime often

Cons

some weekend work but then what company doesnt....

good temp agency

not a bad temp agency. Has gotten me good positions since I've worked with them. This year I worked with a box company and a frozen food company.

Jobs at Grand River Personnel

See more jobs

Terrible

Terrible experience, was told a job was on going. Found out they would be having a month long shut down a month after start of assignment.

Pros

Cons

To many to list

Productive work place

The job gave good industrial experience. Many automated machineries were operated during the work term, monitored and optimized the production by periodic checking on output.

Productive workplace

Enjoy being challenged and learn new skills in the various job placements. Hard to say no to working more hours. Great working environment and always mindful of people safety. They make sure to give all the details needed to do your job properly and safely.

Strictly General labour positions

- A typical day starts off with being assigned to a company in need of general labourers. I go to the assigned job site and perform my duties as described by the supervisors in charge and i often get asked to come back due to my performance. - I learned more about endurance, the importance of having a friendly environment at work and the need for team work. - Management tried to be helpful in regularly providing job assignments for me and that was really helpful. - My co - workers at my regularly assigned job sites were kind, most of them understood that I was new and they tried to assist in directing me towards achieving credibility with the organization. - The hardest part of my job is waiting to be assigned. there are some weeks when there are no available jobs and I have to go through that week without working. - The best part of my job is learning on the job. Discovering things that I did not previously know. I found that really exciting.

Great experience

Working for a fantastic cause, with people who want to listen and learn. Excellent place for creative minds and for people who want to make a change.

Pros

Cons

Salary

A temp agency that tries to find work taylored to your needs.

This is a better temp agency than most. They listen to what you're looking for and do a great intake process to try to find you something you're interested in.

A nice place to work

Full consideration of resume for work sites. There was a varied amount of places to work.

Pros

conscientious temporary agency people @ grand river personnel

Work

Excellent Company to work for. Very freindly and personable. They can find you a job quickly.

It was alright

they would call you if they had work for youi learned how to carry a trayi didnt really talk to managementco workers were okit was sometimes fun to work for them but it gets boring if they have nothing for you to do

Pros

long enough hours so lot of money

Cons

not enough placements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand River Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2