Grand River Personnel

Grand River Personnel Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Good company
It is a recruiting company that searches multiple employers and finds the best job that suits your abilities. It's a temp agency. You can work as little or as much as you want.
Convenient
When you need temporary work this is the best place to go. The only down side is you could be let go at anytime so it is not good for stability. You will need an actual job while you do this on the side. Everyone in GRP is incredibly nice and sophisticated.
Toxic office
Hated working here. Owners were super pretentious and not supportive. Ladies in the office are catty. Working late in a busy office and then having to lie to some of the candidates was shady
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Toxic
Official response from Grand River Personnel
31 July 2019
Thanks for the feedback.

I am truly sorry that you had a negative experience here as we pride ourselves at Grand River Personnel in treating all of our team members like family.

I'm concerned about the experience you had that made you feel as though you were not being transparent with our job seekers. This is not something that we promote and we work very hard to make sure that we treat everyone who walks into Grand River Personnel professionally, fairly and ethically at all times.

I would like to discuss this this further with you. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

I can be reached at info@grandriverpersonnel.ca
Official response from Grand River Personnel
27 September 2019
I'd still like to have a discussion with you. Why don't you call me, 519-576-0920 x 228
staffing agency that is always there
I have been off and on again with GRP since 2014, ALWAYS willing to help me when I am in dyer need of a job, and almost always willing to help with the hours I require.
Pros
always paid weekly
Cons
STAFFing agency, so not always best pay per hr
Great temp company
Very good temporary company, went to various places of employment, so never the same job twice, was great experience within my business administration field.
General Labour
General Labour. Lots of Places. Work mostly in the Kitchener area. Something different every day new company and people. All were very helpful and got me a lot of skills in all area of business
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
Temporary assignments help with work when really needed
Great for when you need money and cannot find work. Temporary you may not have a solid position. Helped me in my time of need. Very grateful for opportunity but would like a solid position.
Great Company and potential for FULL TIME HIRING!!!
I worked with GRP several times while I was in the middle of career gaps, deciding if what I was doing was right for me, or just taking a breather from the positions that I had left due to HIGH STRESS volume!
GRP Team were always supportive right from the start! They helped to identify my triggers, what I wanted and did not want in my positions, and helped my find some great positions that I truly loved.

I worked for 2 different companies through them in very short amounts of times and both companies were very eager to offer my daughter and I full time positions to commence right away.

Unfortunately, The first one did not match with my spouses schedule so we had to decline and that it being in another city made for more of a difficult situation. I would have jumped at this chance because it was full time permanent work....no layoffs!

The second position was offered to my daughter, I could not work there due to latex allergy, but again it was full time, no layoff. She was a hard worker and they like her there!

It just goes to show, if you apply yourself, even if you have no skills but are learning and willing to learn more everyday, you can find a great job through a great company!

GRP Team is one of the very best out there and what you give to them is EXACTLY what you will get in return.

Show them you want it, and they will show you it can be done.... They did for us and several occasions and I am grateful to them!
Pros
support, shifts, ongoing learning, overtime often
Cons
some weekend work but then what company doesnt....
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Grand River Personnel?
good temp agency
not a bad temp agency. Has gotten me good positions since I've worked with them. This year I worked with a box company and a frozen food company.
Terrible
Terrible experience, was told a job was on going. Found out they would be having a month long shut down a month after start of assignment.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Productive work place
The job gave good industrial experience. Many automated machineries were operated during the work term, monitored and optimized the production by periodic checking on output.
Productive workplace
Enjoy being challenged and learn new skills in the various job placements. Hard to say no to working more hours. Great working environment and always mindful of people safety. They make sure to give all the details needed to do your job properly and safely.
Strictly General labour positions
- A typical day starts off with being assigned to a company in need of general labourers. I go to the assigned job site and perform my duties as described by the supervisors in charge and i often get asked to come back due to my performance.

- I learned more about endurance, the importance of having a friendly environment at work and the need for team work.

- Management tried to be helpful in regularly providing job assignments for me and that was really helpful.

- My co - workers at my regularly assigned job sites were kind, most of them understood that I was new and they tried to assist in directing me towards achieving credibility with the organization.

- The hardest part of my job is waiting to be assigned. there are some weeks when there are no available jobs and I have to go through that week without working.

- The best part of my job is learning on the job. Discovering things that I did not previously know. I found that really exciting.
Great experience
Working for a fantastic cause, with people who want to listen and learn.

Excellent place for creative minds and for people who want to make a change.
Pros
Cons
Salary
A temp agency that tries to find work taylored to your needs.
This is a better temp agency than most. They listen to what you're looking for and do a great intake process to try to find you something you're interested in.
A nice place to work
Full consideration of resume for work sites. There was a varied amount of places to work.
Pros
conscientious temporary agency people @ grand river personnel
Work
Excellent Company to work for. Very freindly and personable. They can find you a job quickly.
It was alright
they would call you if they had work for you
i learned how to carry a tray

i didnt really talk to management

co workers were ok

it was sometimes fun to work for them but it gets boring if they have nothing for you to do
Pros
long enough hours so lot of money
Cons
not enough placements