Grand River Hospital

Grand River Hospital Employee Reviews

Overall, a good place to work. There are challenges everyday but the support here is good. We have the resources we need here. Definitely a good place to start your nursing career.
Management has no experience.No communication between management and employee.Too much politicsThis job is full time phone support which is not mentioned during interview screening or job posting, 0 documentation, unexperienced staff, no job oversight, IT manager has no IT experience very unprofessional, HR very unpleasant and RUDE! Environment is Garbage your working in a dungeon worst experience in my LIFE.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance is key and can be achieved working here. Great management as well as colleagues willing to put in the extra effort. Highly recommend working here.
There is no cooperation/collaboration between nurses. They do not help each other and if they do will talk about you at your back, making you feel stupid. Freeport hospital's culture is awful. Avoid working at this hospital.
As a volunteer, this hospital really cares about making sure the volunteers have good experiences. Also, they made sure we knew every hospital protocol because thats the most important thing when working in a hospital.
Grand river hosptial is run like a factory. Many levels of management that you'll never meet, high work expectations. BUT fellow staff and teams are amazing! They do hire great people so you'll love who you work with. No complaints about any coworkers. Upper Management and HR and union brutal to deal with.
I'd recommend Grand River Hospital as a decent workplace. I had the freedom to build my work schedule as per my need that made both my work hours and work extremely productive.
Have been at GRH for 9+ years and I am very happy with the organization, I have no complaints with the hospital, staff and management avery friendly and helpful
I sent 18 yrs working for GRH & I Loved what I gave to the All The Patients & Staff.I dident like all the back stabing from Staff that I could see & hear.there are really good positive ppl& there's the negative ones that I couldn't get away from .you tryed your best to talk to them but they wouldn't leave u alone..only to not work with u together as a team.
Working here before the new electronic health system, Cerner, was an amazing experience, I loved every minute of it. Now that Cerner is rolled out, inpatient clerical staff aren't really needed anymore, and the job isn't rewarding like it used to be. I'm sure there are still areas in the hospital where they still heavily rely on clerical staff, but most areas, not anymore. It's very sad. Nurses and doctors are given more work to do; we just want to help them.
Politics can play a part- make sure that you discuss the terms before you sign the contract, and are willing to wait it out. Sometimes you get lucky; And it is a hospital- no matter if you're day time clinic, you get the rush/hustle environment- so pace yourself.
*Management has no experience. *Doubled up workload. *No communication between management and employee. * Hard to get any vacation time off. *Too much politics
Its a good volunteer position, allows you to practise interacting with people with of different ages and social backgrounds. I learned a lot and its a good job if you're looking to pursue heathcare in your future
Workload was heavy but Management used staff against each other ! Very non ethical! Don’t go to work in this lab if you cherish keeping your license! If you have a strong work ethic, quality focused team player stay away!
Pharmacy managers need more education and training. They are incompetent when it comes to confidentiality. They have their pets just like high school, and continuously reward trouble making staff. The cancer centre is a hazard to patients and staff. Toxic environment that could use more professional staff.
This place has been great from the start Very few employees ruin the mood, however you get that anywhere GRH has been great to work at, team work, supportive management, and room for growth and training
Look elsewhere if you're a person of color. This not where you want to be, and if you're thinking about joining, DON'T! You're better off working somewhere that is more progressive towards people of color.
One of the best hospitals to work for in the area. Excellent pay, work ethic, flexible schedule, employee recognition, helpful and friendly management.
I enjoy what I do for a living and that is what kept me there. Not management or coworkers. The culture there is not great. At all. Very clicky. Senior staff treat new staff horribly but once you get through the training period you are on your own with minimal supervision.
Good treatment of employees, very sensitive to the individual needs. Good benefits and incentives, flexible hours allowed, reasonable payscale given the type of work performed.
I would not recommend anyone go to work at this hospital. The hospital had a culture of bullying and harassment. Staff were very over worked and not listen too.