Grand River Hospital

Grand River Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada115 reviews
Productive, professional and fun pace.
I'd recommend Grand River Hospital as a decent workplace. I had the freedom to build my work schedule as per my need that made both my work hours and work extremely productive.
Its ok
Grand river hosptial is run like a factory. Many levels of management that you'll never meet, high work expectations. BUT fellow staff and teams are amazing! They do hire great people so you'll love who you work with. No complaints about any coworkers.
Upper Management and HR and union brutal to deal with.
Fun working place
Have been at GRH for 9+ years and I am very happy with the organization, I have no complaints with the hospital, staff and management avery friendly and helpful
99 percent I gave to GRH
I sent 18 yrs working for GRH & I Loved what I gave to the All The Patients & Staff.I dident like all the back stabing from Staff that I could see & hear.there are really good positive ppl& there's the negative ones that I couldn't get away from .you tryed your best to talk to them but they wouldn't leave u alone..only to not work with u together as a team.
Great place to work, except clerical staff aren't needed as much as they used to be
Working here before the new electronic health system, Cerner, was an amazing experience, I loved every minute of it. Now that Cerner is rolled out, inpatient clerical staff aren't really needed anymore, and the job isn't rewarding like it used to be. I'm sure there are still areas in the hospital where they still heavily rely on clerical staff, but most areas, not anymore. It's very sad. Nurses and doctors are given more work to do; we just want to help them.
Great environment
Politics can play a part- make sure that you discuss the terms before you sign the contract, and are willing to wait it out. Sometimes you get lucky; And it is a hospital- no matter if you're day time clinic, you get the rush/hustle environment- so pace yourself.
Stay Away
*Management has no experience.
*Doubled up workload.

*No communication between management and employee.

* Hard to get any vacation time off.

*Too much politics
Good volunteer position
Its a good volunteer position, allows you to practise interacting with people with of different ages and social backgrounds. I learned a lot and its a good job if you're looking to pursue heathcare in your future
Evil management worst ever
Workload was heavy but Management used staff against each other !
Very non ethical! Don’t go to work in this lab if you cherish keeping your license! If you have a strong work ethic, quality focused team player stay away!
Pharmacy managers need more education and training. They are incompetent when it comes to confidentiality.
They have their pets just like high school, and continuously reward trouble making staff.

The cancer centre is a hazard to patients and staff. Toxic environment that could use more professional staff.
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
This place has been great from the start
Very few employees ruin the mood, however you get that anywhere

GRH has been great to work at, team work, supportive management, and room for growth and training
Racism ridden environment with a toxicity level of 10/10
Look elsewhere if you're a person of color. This not where you want to be, and if you're thinking about joining, DON'T! You're better off working somewhere that is more progressive towards people of color.
Great employer.
One of the best hospitals to work for in the area. Excellent pay, work ethic, flexible schedule, employee recognition, helpful and friendly management.
Great Job, Poor Leadership.
I enjoy what I do for a living and that is what kept me there. Not management or coworkers. The culture there is not great. At all. Very clicky. Senior staff treat new staff horribly but once you get through the training period you are on your own with minimal supervision.
Very accommodating environment, sensitive to employee needs
Good treatment of employees, very sensitive to the individual needs. Good benefits and incentives, flexible hours allowed, reasonable payscale given the type of work performed.
Very poor culture
I would not recommend anyone go to work at this hospital. The hospital had a culture of bullying and harassment. Staff were very over worked and not listen too.
Opportunity to gain experience and challenging political work environment
Work is not always organised into tasks appropriately so you may end up doing work for managers you don't report too. Flexibility is key...you need to be adaptable to work at Grand River and mature and patient persona. People are genuine...but temps can be looked upon as temp....be careful with using any best practices management is not collaborative...you will get along well if your old school
Prism
I worked for Grand River when we were implementing PRISM. we impletmeneted a computer wide system to help better patient care and safety. It was fast pace and intense.
Overall good place to work.
Management hired a technician that didn't go to college. This person was placed in the cancer center where it became very obvious they didn't attend college. It was a safety hazard working with this person and nothing was ever done to rectify the situation. Staff was otherwise pleasant. They were continually short-staffed as well. Just as many good points as bad.
Fast paced environment with staff that cares
Keeps you on your toes and every day is different. Co workers become family and if you enjoy helping people, this is definitely the place to work. Great Hospital.
friendly staff, and casual work culture.
helpful managers; readily able to offer advice or help out

Hardest part of the job was to get information from different people and departments in a short amount of time.

Learned how to keep up to date, and optimise written documentations for better understanding and easy usage.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.