GRAND ERIE DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD

GRAND ERIE DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Pay & Benefits reviews

Great Place to work
Secretary- Cobblestone Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 January 2016
I enjoy it. It is a welcoming, friendly environment with great benefits.The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills on a daily basis while interacting with children and parents. However, I am very busy and do not make enough for the amount I am responsible for on a daily basis.
Pros
great management
Cons
not enough pay
Very negative atmosphere in most schools, staff was dissatisfied with the way upper management handled issues of any kind
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 June 2013
I cleaned schools was given large areas to clean and am a perfectionist so...near the end of my time with the board...injured myself alot.
I went to school for two years full time while I worked. I learned that when I put my mind to something...I can achieve amazing success. My physical body and my mind are in total conflict.I believe I can do anything, my body insists otherwise.
I found management to be almost non existent when things were going well, otherwise...well lets just say there was much room for improvement in that department. I never felt like I was supported. I worked hard and never got any praise. Management always expected more, even though the staff and teachers were pleased with me, they were never happy, it seemed. Injuries were a common occurance for me the last few years
I truly enjoyed the teachers and students...I forged unforgettable friendships.
Pros
Great wages, job security, pension
Cons
Injuries, negative atmosphere with co workers, conflictive management relations