Grand Circle Corporation

Grand Circle Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
A very fast pacing environment with shared duties among workers. I learned to collaborate with the crew and respect their cultures and values. Managers were prepared to teach us all we need to perform our duties. Sea storms were the worst part of the job but compensated with excellent teamwork, professionalism and friendship.
Good salary package, low management performance. Up to 15 h of work per day. Lot's of mandatory additional activities that are not directly related to the work position. Work conditions very diferent from one ship to another.
Pros
Small team, good benefits.
Cons
Low standard
GCT expects far too much from their Tour Directors in my opinion. Very few tour inclusions so guests must pay for extra tour options. If something goes wrong typically you're dealing with a manager who has never done the job so it's difficult to get proper support. Often there are mistakes made from the office end. You may show up to a hotel with 40 guests and they have no rooms booked for you. Many major headaches. Glad to have the experience under my belt as now I feel I can deal with pretty much anything that happens on the road.
Pros
The pay is good.
Cons
Too much work to stay sane.