Grand & Toy Employee Reviews

Fair Job
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2017
No comments really!!! As I don't have anything good to say about this workplace they were unfair with me and some of the other employees. Expect that the pay as a supervisor was fair.
Pros
the pay
Cons
Manager
Summary
Financial and Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 August 2017
The company was or is a sinking ship. It was an awful place to work. I am glad that I am not there anymore. The people that I worked with were great. .
A Canadian icon in the all you need for your office
Interiors Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2017
Great place to work with fantastic employees and hands on management. Progressive technology and processes with a great website for easy online purchasing.
activité en déclin
Bilingual Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
Travaillant au bureau central en 2012 j'avais l'impression que le bureau était a moitié vide, comme si les gens quittaient et la compagnie ne recrutait plus. Mon contrat a été terminé a cause des mauvais résultats financiers de la compagnie.
Pros
Compagnie écologiquement consciente, bons produits
Cons
Dans le département RH un grand écart entre les ressources permanents et contractuels
Grand & Toy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 March 2017
First retail job that I've done and I learned how to approach strangers if they needed my help with any product knowledge or anything that was needed from me.
Month to month vision
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
Could be a great place to work but isn't. Handful of managers making decisions based on bean counting and playing favorites.
G&t job
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Confidential4 October 2016
I worked there and learned a lot about the business. The industry is a challenge as declining margins make it difficult for investment.
Pros
Opportunity exists
Cons
Struggling industry
environnement de travail (Bonne)
Emballeur (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC23 September 2016
actif, doit fournir une ligne de production, aller chercher les produit dans les locations approprier. Distribuer les produits sur la ligne ou secteur demander.
Pros
Activité
Cons
ligne souvent arreter
Great positive experience
Superviseur - Support aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 September 2016
Great Team !

It's like working for a family business in an Global International business.

Good relation ,Great core values,Short term & long term strategic plan.

Fun place to work!
Pros
Team work
Cons
Big vision
Excellent
Key Accountant Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 July 2016
It was the best place to work. Learned a lot and was recognized for promotions when needed. A large company that valued employees.
Summary of G&T
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2016
Great company - enjoyed my five years working with great associates. Unfortunately due to the merger with office depot many Director level jobs were eliminated.
Family Oriented
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
I was a Customer Care Representative with Grand & Toy for one year. The work environment was great and you were treated like a person and not just a number. All of the supervisors and upper management were approachable and always willing to listen to your ideas or troubles (personal).

Working at Grand & Toy was like working with your family, everyone helped everyone and we were all equals. I was deeply saddened when the call centre closed and I was no longer going to see all of these wonderful people everyday.

I would have retired here if I could...best company I have had the pleasure to work with.
Copy Centre/Retail Associates
Copy Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON1 February 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with and dealing with the customers. I would help people with their printing needs. When I was in the retail part, I would help people find office supplies they needed or furniture they needed for their offices.
It was a great place to work while it lasted.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
Unfortunately Grand & Toy has shut down all retail stores.
Typical work day included helping customers, following direction from head office, counting inventory.
Loss Prevention Manager (Canada) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2015
A nice intimate company. My first National position with multiple high volume locations. Got to work with people all across Canada and the US.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Lots of travel
Enjoyed my print and promotional buying at Grand and Toy
National Print and Promotional Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
Worked in a third party/broker model, procuring print and promotional goods for Canadian customers. Was busy, fun and enjoyable.
Can advance within the company with hard work
KAMA & FAMA (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 November 2015
Work ethic is acknowledged with growth opportunity. Sometimes management was not fully understanding of the roles they were supervising, however this is made up for by a great team and the ability to transition within the company.
Family oriented company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2015
Grand & Toy is a very family oriented business with a more then fair salary and flexible schedule to accommodate your lifestyle. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Grand & Toy had to shut down their call center.
Pros
Potlucks, games, prizes.
Cons
Management shuffling
Amazing work environment and positive atmosphere
Product Support Specialist & Custom Stamps (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2015
Grand & Toy was an amazing place to work.

The fast pace environment really helped me become organized and detail oriented. From answering phone calls to replying to endless emails, there was always something to do.

The management at Grand & Toy was unfortunately over tasked. Having so much to do in a day did not allow them to manage the work area as effectively as they could have.

The most difficult part about this job was maintaining customer sanctification as a product specialist. My job was to purchase items from other suppliers for our clients because we didn't have it in stock for them. The struggle to find the correct item that met all the customers needs was very difficult but extremely rewarding. Even though this was the hardest part, I also consider it the most enjoyable. There's something about a challenge that really helps me step it up. It was great to have a customer tell me that I did a great job and got them exactly what they were looking for.

Although it was a tough job, I also consider it one of the best places to work. It helped me become the professional I am today.
Pros
Coworkers, free lunches, vendor presentations, discounts, always busy, team environment
Cons
Lack of proper management, not much space for advancement
Good Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2015
Working with the sales support team, the Sales Support Assistant provides tactical support to the Business Solutions Advisors (BSAs) by assisting in development of pre and post sales support materials and resources, required to enable “The G&T Way of Selling”.

I also was acting as a key contact for our qualified “Complex Accounts”. This may include providing day to day service for Customer requirements, which fall outside the capabilities of our Customer Care Centre.
Pros
Good atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand & Toy. Our community is ready to answer.