Grand & Toy

Grand & Toy Employee Reviews

Canada101 reviews
Overall, a good place to work.
Good place to work. There are a lot talented experienced people that are very good at their job. I feel that some "young blood" is needed to help bring in some new and fresh ideas to the table.
Was busy & exciting at first. Slow and stressful when they closed us down.
Was busy & exciting at first. Slow and stressful when they closed us down.Local management was great. Pay was better than other customer service similar job type. Benefits were very good. Location was good.
A typical day at work involves truck checks, new delivery routes and new client faces. I've learned how to plan my route/ delivery schedule according to what city I'm working in. Management is fair providing you perform at your job. The workplace culture is fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job is not knowing your route for the following day. Having to figure out delivery instructions with new clients.. what to do's and not to do's … The most enjoyable part of the job is being out of the office all day. I'm not much of an office person- I love being on the road meeting new people!
Company has changed. Unfortunately for worse...
Management has changed for worse. As employee I could no longer believe the values they once sincerely shared with everyone. It was a great company once, but slowly distrust took over.
Great company to work at. No regrets.
Great work-life balance.
Possible working from home.

Collaborative working environment.

Great leadership.

Growing E-commerce company.

A subsidiary of a 13 billion company, Office Depot.
A good experience for a sales professional
I learned a lot working for this organization. Met a lot of people and grew personally and professionally. We went through a lot of changes and I experienced working with different client portfolios so it gave a lot range on who our customers are, the different processes and how to identify opportunities
Worked at head office - nice atmosphere
I worked there about 8 years ago so it may have changed a lot but at the time it was a pleasant, homey environment. It's a challenging business with all the competition so they have definitely had a lot of financial struggles.
Horrible liars
Used to be franchise used the people to build up company Then discarded them all 26 stores .don’t work for this greedy self centred company they took everything from those who built their company from mid 80s to 2000 liars and thieves good place for office thieves
Pros
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Grand & Toy?
Okay
Office is a converted warehouse that’s always too cold. Company promotes office anywhere to their customers but enforce days in the office. Pay not at market rate.
family environment
I worked here on 2 separate occasions prior to their cutbacks. It was very family oriented which made it a very welcoming environment. I absolutely loved working here.
Its hard work but great pay
Not a job you'll love but you'll love the bi-weekly paychecks so you'll stick around. When they're fully staffed it's a breeze and you almost enjoy it
Enjoyed working G&T
Great location, good company culture, work and life well balanced. Management is very strong. I wouldn’t leave if it is not moving to states. I will be retired at G&T
Old Boy's Club Abounds
Too many "lifer's" which means less progressive company.

Manager in Finance a complete micro-manager, busy-body who treated professionals that knew more as incompetent.

Manager has been there 25+ years. Manager is NOT well liked at all, yet remains. People leave over and over again because of this Manager.
Pros
Work from home ability.
Cons
Stingy compensation, stingy travel policy, micro-managing Manager.
If you work hard, you will be well compensated
As a sales representative with the company for the past 5 years I can honestly say that it is a challenging and rewarding career. It can be stressful but management is always there to help you get through it. As with all sales careers, you will have giid months and bad but overall the pros outweight the cons.
Pros
Good management, work life balance, fair compensation and bonus
Cons
can be overwhelming when dealing with National clients and delivery challenges
organize and clean work environment
Not well compensated even though you know almost all of the positions.
They keep lazy workers and was even given special treatment. The management likes to listen to gossip and that makes the situation worst.
Was a fun workplace as we had employee specials events yearly
My team was created to service the Federal Government clients. We had to comply to the standing offer/supply arrangement contacts and educate our customers on what items they were allowed to purchase. Very busy during the Government year-end (January-March). The enjoyable part of my job, was making our customers happy and to see them returning to us with continuous business.
Pros
Employee Special Events
Cons
No vacation allowed during the months of January-March
High Paced Work Enviroment
From day one I was thrown into projects that I had no idea about. The senior PM went on sick leave and I was dealing with 10 large projects at a time. My sales reps were amazing, but also wanted to make sure they made their money, countless hours were spent on conference calls in hotel rooms and in my car to insure clients received what was laid out in our contracts.
Pros
Tight-knit family always working together
Cons
Downsizing
Fun place to work
Most days are busy some are not. Learned how to do chat with customers while i worked there. It was a fun place to work.I don't think there was anything that i would consider to be the hardest part of the job. The people i worked with there were great to work with
Pros
We did pot luck lunches periodically
Good Company
G&T really tries hard to support their staff and are always open to new ideas from the warehouse workers. The problem with this company is some of the staff they had were not willing to work and were not very reliable. Shifts were short people because they just did not feel like going to work. They are bringing in better people and the workload is getting easier.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lazy workers
Some good employees
The company usually has overtime everyday they don't manage there workload properly your doing the same job every day and they expect a lot out of you. Management isn't good . They are constantly disciplining there workers due to productivity. I definatly wouldn't recommend this company to work for
High Stress
Lack of Support from Leadership.
The constant cutting of Sales Support Positions that result in increased workloads for those of us remaining and extreme stress.