Grainger

Canada12 reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,005 reviews

People, people, and people.

As is usual with workplaces worth joining, it's all about the people. I made friends during my stay there who still remain friends...well, perhaps not those to whom I owe money.

Pros

Pizza days, free coffee, great people. Loved my supervisor (that's a first).

Cons

Location, pay can be higher considering this is a USD $11 billion per year company.

fun and challenging place to work

I enjoyed working for this company. People, work, clients were all easy to get along with. I have nothing else to say about this company. Unless you want me to lie. I really enjoyed working there. I enjoyed the pay and people I work with.

Pros

Superior Management skills

Cons

no benefits

Insights into Grainger

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Lack of Focus

This company is good depending on your goals. My experience there was not insightful as managers were using me to boost their stats and not get any compensation or rewards for my work. No possibility for advancements since Mangers need to keep its good employees to hit their target goals. And lastly higher management will not take any advice or recommendations you offer simply because they do not value your opinion or judgment (whether they acknowledge it or not) hence why they are so lost and disorganized. Managers would have at least 3 meetings a week to discuss "changes" that kept being pushed back primarily due lack of leadership focus and implementation (actions).

Jobs at Grainger