Grainger Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Long hour, experts in courier business. Delivered freight within a designated route in the city. The most enjoyable part of the job were the corporate BBQ meetings in an open area.
Pros
Free steel toe boots
Warning Mass Layoffs - No One is Safe
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
I worked at AGI for less than 3 months before a mass termination meant I was out of a job because my "position no longer exists"
Best part is that they head hunted me and persuaded me to come work there with job security lies and promises of professional development.

Don't bother until the dust settles.
Pros
Good Bonus Structure
Cons
Zero Job Security.
Fun place to work with great co-workers
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 June 2018
Acklands-Grainger is a good place to work with great people to work with. I have been learning a new database which at times is difficult but getting easier the more I use it. Our management is good and fair with very good communication with the workers. A typical day is picking customer orders, shipping/receiving, loading/unloading trucks, stocking shelves and preparing orders to be taken by the outside sales reps. I would say the hardest part is still learning the new database.
Pros
good employee discounts, excellent co-workers
Cons
part-time hours only, no benefits
A good company to work with
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 May 2018
I had a very good experience with this company, learned a lot and got ready to move on to the new jobs and positions.the leadership was always ready to push me for more growing and improvement.
Blah
I was there (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2018
Management is misleading, There is no longer a culture other than than warehouse type which took all the degenerate losers that cannot pack order to the branches and now expect them to ship correctly directly to customers.
Pros
I was left handed and made fun of everyday
Cons
stupid right handers dominanted
Good Place for a Summer Student
Warehouse Support - Summer Relief (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 May 2018
This job was a physically demanding job as I was on my feet the whole day but the people were great to work with and the employee pricing benefits were fantastic.
production and fun place
Warehouse Associate level 2 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2018
Pulled inventory from racks either manually or using automated equipment and hand-held devices.
Automated inventory such as “Manhattan Warehouse Inventory” and “Cloud Application”.
Fill and complete customer orders in containers and shipping boxes.
Perform quality checks to identify and replace damaged materials.
Shrink wrap products and material orders prior to loading on trucks.
Monitored inventory levels to determined need for stock replacement.
Filled customer ordered according to size, color, quantity, and quality specifications.
Maintained order picking equipment and facilitate repairs in case of damage.
Carried loaded and unloaded material ordered and shipped.
Received and shipped using automated labels for fast and efficient inventory.
Weighed individual packages prior to delivery to ensure they meet weight specifications.
Maintained prosper record of shipped packages using computer programs.
Pros
overtime
Cons
too much work
Travail et environnement agréable
représentante service a la clientèle interne (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC16 April 2018
C'est une grande entreprise ou il fait bon travailler.
Pros
salaire, avantages sociaux
Cons
restructuration entreprise actuellement
Great people to work, a
Inside Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 April 2018
the people were great to work with. but unfortunately everything is moving to online purchasing and shipping from new DC so company is going through a big change. Company did set some unreasonable goals and expectations and communication from the higher ups was very lacking and always changing.
Pros
pretty good pay and benefits
Cons
bad communication
amazing
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL31 March 2018
It was amazing working here, they were so helpful if you weren't sure on what exactly had to be done. I was only there for a couple of days out of the year for inventory but it was still never the less amazing!
Pros
na
Cons
n/a
"Can do" attitude but undergoing a lot of change
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada31 March 2018
The company is undergoing massive change.

All for the better but with current changes, the organization has let go a lot of talented individuals.

Acklands is investing internally to make it the strongest supplier in the MRO space.

The culture has been great, making the team your family away from home.
Pros
it's people, can do attitude.
Cons
massive change
good people
Product Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 March 2018
The company management is good. The most enjoyable was the people.
A typical day at work included about 5 or 6 fellow employees coming to me for some help. I really enjoyed that.
Fortune 500 work culture
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 March 2018
Acklands Grainger has a typical Fortune 500 work culture. Brand new office in Markham with a better flow of workplace and group discussions. Good experience
people are nice
Programmer Analyst - Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Thronhill15 March 2018
Although the company is experiencing constant restructure , team members are still working hard and trying their best to get business back to track as soon as possible.
It was a horrible place to work with horrible manager, supervisors. Manager and supervisors were so fake! It was a very unsecured work place.
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2018
It was kind of busy and fast pace work place but horrible management, horrible supervisors! New ideas how to do the work everyday but nothing ever worked! It just made workers confused and caused more mess and mistakes! Manager and supervisors were faking! They pretended to be nice and carefulness to workers but deep down they were horrible!!! They did not treat workers fairly!!! It was a very unsecured work place! I ended up had to find another job because you would never know when will you become a permanent employee or when will you loose your job there. Most of people were okay but some people were bad!
Hard but rewarding work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, tx13 February 2018
Working at Grainger is fast paced, and (at times) demanding.
They offer in job training and work around college schedules.
Management is serious about employee feedback.
The hardest part of the job is that the management can be extremely micromanaging when corresponding with customers.
The most ejoyable part of the job is that the customers are usually contractors, so they usually already know a great deal about how to do their jobs, and are just looking for Grainger to provide a solution.
Pros
Competitive Pay, great customers
Cons
Micromanagement
Inventory counter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 February 2018
Didnt get to experience the full experience while working there as I was just helping pull orders and count inventory for two weeks. I would love to experience a job like this
"Massive changes and more to come"
Inventory Control Analyst (SAP) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Excellent Salary, Fast paced environment.
My friend got me a job here.
I was making less than market before I started with AGI.
I now make more for Monday to Friday job.
It’s easier to get promoted if you are working Smart.
They encourage you to work independently and give you chance to make your own decisions.
Leaders are almost never around so lots of opportunity for …..
Pros
Good salary and benefits, mostly good people
Cons
Company unable to roll out new compensation package for sellers.
very busy place
Overstock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
I had a blast working there.
Unfortunately they went through a great many managers and the feel became very insecure.
I wanted to feel more secure about my future so, as many others, I left to seek better employment.
Pros
all the OT one could want
Cons
managers
Busy and fast work place
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON18 January 2018
Acklands has been a learning process, a very fast and busy work environment. I currently work with KIDD Operation maintaining the safety supply shop in the concentrator at the Met-Site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grainger. Our community is ready to answer.