Grainger
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Grainger Employee Reviews

Canada227 reviews
Strong internal teams. Workload too heavy.
Strong internal teams, colleagues. Workload often far too heavy to maintain physical/mental health. Management often more concerned about sales targets than healthy employees.
"WAS" a great Company.
Was a great place to work before U.S. took over all aspects of the day-to day business of this company. Internal systems and processes are way to complicated, and not conclusive to todays market needs. Sale's and market penetration are dive-bombing in a race to Zero...
A company with good culture
A company with good culture but unfortunately recent change in management ruined the culture. the director I like left the company so I decide to leave as well.
grande restructuration
il y a eu une grande restructuration et le roulement se deroule beaucoup mieux.
The workers' fun-loving attitude at Grainger make the heavy and stressful work bearable each day.
My co-workers are hard workers but anyone always has time to help other wo-workers. All are fun to work with. Heavy lifting is part of the job but I can rely on anybody to help me with my job. One particular supervisor is very knowledgeable of his job. He stands out from the rest of management. He is our favorite because he cares for our welfare and very fair in dealing with everybody.
Procutive workplace with excellent team members
Work here is relatively fast paced while also managing to remain calm at the same time. Staff is properly trained and set up for success in all aspects on the branch. The only difficult part of the job is the constant company-wide policy changes being made. Overall an amazing place to work. Flexible hours and plenty of room for advancement.
Inside Sales Rep
Training comes from watching other employees or reading an instruction manual, if you have any questions they will let you know once and then never let you know if you are doing it right or not until you hear it from another employee that you were making allot of mistakes. You will never know your position.
Great team members and company to work for
I have always enjoyed working for Acklands, and feel that this is a very fair and enjoyable company to work for.
I feel very honoured to have been trained in so many different jobs, as this comes in handy when cross training is reaquired.
Stressful environment
Hostile work environment at times.Management turned a blind eye to issues in the warehouse.They talk about wowing the customer,they should try to wow their employees.Nepotism and certain employees can do no wrong.
extremely stressful workplace
if their HR would have listened to many people going through their offices about one director, more would not have had stress-leave - some are still on stress-leave 4 years later. Wake up!
Pretty boring place to work.
With the branch closures across BC the air at the Kamloops branch was gloomy. Not a very positive work environment and the work itself was mindless....
Pros
Great job for someone that doesn't like to work
Cons
Poor management communication, boring work, low staff moral
Poor management directives
Work loads varied but team spirit was good among staff but management was often lacking in direction or willingness to discuss issues. Efforts to improve issues were often met with lack of response.
Fast paced work
Company had great benefits for full timers. There where always issues with staff when it came to time off. Head office had difficulties keeping everyone informed of upcoming changes. Heavy lifting.required.
done
I do not want to fill this part of the application out. I am only doing this so that I get the correct number of letters in this space so that I can continue
agreable
un bon environnement de travail J'ai beaucoup appris avec la clientèle anglophone du reste du Canada et avec les grandes institution comme:
l'armée canadienne les municipalités et les grandes organismes gouvernementaux
Lacks strategy
- lacking proper strategy from leadership
- direction of the company is not clear

- career growth is limited

- poor bonus structure

- enjoyable part is the people you work with
Productive and a great team
Its a good place to work, the team members are great to work with. I enjoy going to work there. Good work and life balance a good working environment..
Best in class, but going through major change
Working at Acklands Grainger was a dream of mine. When the opportunity to join came I jumped at it. Unfortunately I joined just as the company was undergoing a turnaround which seen a 50% reduction in staff in Canada over a 2 year period. Sadly I was restructured only one year after joining.

I would not hesitate to join the organization again in a similar capacity if given the opportunity. Now that they have completed their restructuring, and altered their business model to align with current market trends, they will be a force to contend with.
its fine
its and alright place to work some of the people there are nice others are dorks and the management needs improving for there lack of communication threw channels of net work and the staffing arrangements done poorly last minute
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
management
Questionable management
Very heavy on the management and upper management. Poor communication. Clicks and bad attitudes in the middle management. Good employees leave there jobs not because of the job but because of bad management.
productive and fun workplace
i learned how to drive a cherry picker, the management is very proffessional. the hardest part of the job is that you have to meet your quota. the most enjoyable part of the job is honestly lunch time.
Pros
its fun
Cons
meeting quota