Graham Construction

Graham Construction Employee Reviews

Productive, Supportive,Team environment, Enjoyable

-Fast paced environment involving a mix of office and field work.- I have advanced my computer skills through co-workers as well as managements assistance. -Improved my communication skills within the work environment. -Management was very supportive. -Team environment, - Working away from home for extended periods.- Co-workers

Do not work in the payroll department

If you want to work in an environment where there is no team moral, this is the job for you. The payroll manager picks favourites and treats everyone else like garbage. They are also micromanager. The majority of the team is over worked and undervalued. I do not recommend working in this department.

Pros

Cons

Low team moral, micromanaging, poor plan compensation

Great experience.

Good company which cares about its people. Positive attitude at workplace. Team mixing experience and youth. Balanced compensation. Interesting project. Collaborative atmosphere.

Pros

Good vacation allowance

Cons

More focus on quality recommended.

1 year working in a bad environme t

Supervisors are untrained in dealing with thier co workers...they are very un professional in their ways to get thier point across. No interest in listening straight to yelling....I would not reccomend working g for a company who puts untrained supervisors in positions to deal with new employees.

Fun place to work for

Great atmosphere,great co workers,good pay,good hours,fun work environment, good projects to work on,great management,if you need a day off for an appointment,they are very accommodating,days go by quickly because you are kept busy,

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Move you around to different projects

Great place

Teamwork, enjoyable, Fasstpaceand a balanced work environment. The WOrkload is fair. Training is in place. Pay should be reviewed. Growth opportunites.

Pros

Friendly enviroment

Cons

none I can think of no

Great Project Team

Working on the largest building project in the Lower Mainland is great! Awesome project leadership and team atmosphere. It is great to work with a driven and fun team. I hope they are all like this.

Pros

Great project leadership and team atmosphere.

Cons

Not many

Graham Construction

position was as a team lead and mechanic, mechanical expectations were very standard, hours were exactly as described when hired. work/life balance was exceptional as it was a mon-fri position. Team lead position was rewarding

Poorly paid, management doesn't back up its staff

I would not recommend working at this company. Management doesn't back up its employees. They will use you to get as much as they can out of you for as little pay as possible.

fast paced.

morning meeting. do hazard assessment. spotting heavy equipment into very congested areas. flagging traffic, back filling around pedestals and bases.shoveling and using plate tampers.

Jobs at Graham Construction

See more jobs

Very lucrative opportunity

At the time, I was stationed in a camp setting, company was very accommodating, great people to work for and with from being on the ground all the way up to upper management, time away from family is hard to deal with but given a stable economy I’d do it again.

Downhill

I worked with graham a few times. Always a great company in my years experience until my most recent year. The company has changed drastically due to the upper management and how they treat the employees that better the company. Would I go back. Yes but hopefully under different management.

Good place

This was a decent place to work but it sucks always getting laid off or worrying g about getting g laid off I dont know what really else to say cuz this stupid thing is forcing me to write 150 words!

great place

Great place to work. Lovely people, secure environment. Fair pay, good culture, long work hours, travel a lot. Great place to work. Lovely people, secure environment. Interesting

Awesome company

I worked for them for 3 years and enjoyed working for them as a heavy equipment operator and would work for them again in the future also enjoyed working with my co-workers too

MY OVERALL SUMMERY?..Good work experience.

Graham Construction has a good work ethics and I liked it. The chance of advancement? Nil. The wages?..I didn't approve!! I'm a journeyman carpenter, and being paid at $25 an hour? In today's economy? UNACCEPTABLE!! I WAS GIVEN A 2 DAY NOTICE, BEFORE MY FIRSTLAYOFF!!..UNACCEPTABLE!!

Nothing to say

I have nothing to say rather than thank you for opertunity and hope to work with your company in the future or in many years to come ,wishing you all the best.

It's Construction workers you need to be strong emotionally and physically.

Slow start but pick up the pace very quickly, I learned many things relating concrete, medians, how to use certain hand tools, how to use equipment of all sizes. I never had any problems with management. You need to be able to laugh at yourself otherwise it will be draining for you. The hardest part of the job was just learning many new things all at once. The most enjoyable part is once when you don't have to learn anything anymore because you already know.

Pros

Sometimes you'd get a free lunch

Cons

if something goes wrong you could be there for hours on end.

Productive, Multi culture

Great company to work for. Multi culture environment. Love the culture and People that I work with. They treat with you respect and scope for opportunities.

Didn't like the fact that i had to worry about layoffs after every job

It was a learning experience,but there was a lot of name hires,enjoyed working with the crew,and really learned alot. Managment was ok,the foreman's were all really good guys

good work enviroment

good flow with buy in from the top down. employee cooperation is good. Experienced crew and understanding of safety is a big help. safety meeting every morning and then review of flra cards throughout the day as i assisted workers in ensuring the proper information is present.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graham Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement