Graham Construction

Graham Construction: 161 Employee Reviews

Canada161 reviews

equipmentsafetyprojectlongteambalanceculturegood

Good work Environment

Build and set forms, worked with crane operator .Trained a few carpenters struggling with setups.I've repaired a lot of electrical,pneumatic and motorized equipment on a daily basis .I've learned different aspects of other trades .Great friendly work environment .The hardest part of the job was helping to move and tie re-bar .It was a good workout .The best part of the job was seeing the end result and knowing that I took part in the building of that structure.

Pros

Good paying job

Cons

Jobs too short

Good and fun place to work

Safety is number one priority and plethora ppe to select. You feel everyone is there to help you included the supervision. They have two paid breaks. beside that they have best incentive and retention bonus

Insights into Graham Construction

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Challenging but collaborative workplace

Graham is a busy place but most people are very helpful and want to see you succeed. The benefits are great and it’s an employee owned company which gives people more reason to work hard. It’s a big company so your manager will be quite dependent on your success

Great Culture & Work Environment for Opportunity & Success

Emphasis put towards mentoring and supporting project teams to delivery successful outcomes. Opportunity and structure in place for positive learning and advancement in the industry in which ever role you're in. Enjoyable people to work with.

Very fast paced. Very large job sites.

Safety meetings daily. Never trust the weather. Keep your eye on the sky. Always listen to the Radio Communications. Many personalities. Sudden rain storms with large amounts of rain is the hardest part of the job if the Muster Point is far from where the site is you are located at. Most enjoyable for me is the scenery where the sites are located. We change the land scape ,so the scenery forever changes.

Pros

Saftey Award jackets, quality eye protection gear. Clean equipment, well maintaned..

Cons

Travelling to jobsite despite heavy downpours before shift. Prefer call in during bad weather.

I liked it

Fun place to work. Management was supportive. Nice office and had company events for team building. Were able to grant my request for a transfer from Kelowna office to Edmonton

Great company and great safety culture

Great company & great management to work with. I never had hard time to deal with the management to solve my problems.They respond quickly and effectively.

Management is very unorganized, co-workers we’re great guys

Very unorganized… and trying to get paperwork to head office for travel and safety tickets was a few weeks wait. Dealing with on boarding was the worst experience I’ve ever dealt with! On the bright side the work was great and the men are what makes it enjoyable to work for

Cheap, very cheap

No travel allowance, for over 8 hrs of commuting to and from work site. Management is made to pay for their own fuel in company vehicles to return to site. This is unheard of. Project manager took the travel allowance away when he as hired on. Penny pinching at every corner, “how many gloves have you used this shift”?

Good overall crew

It is a good place to progress through your apprenticeship. Learn new things everyday and co-workers are great people to be around with. Things are just slow these days, so chances of losing a job might still be a possibiity like any other companies would possibly do when running out of work.

It’s a job.

Graham is a cheap company, other employees are great to work with and management is decent at site. The HR department is impossible to get a hold of, and will leave you waiting for weeks to get an email answer back.

A good temporary role for SAP, invoicing knowledge

Finance always has job postings for a reason - people do not stay because of the stress and chaos. Very little support from our managers but other departments have very nice and helpful people. It's a good fit if you don't want to socialize and be chained to your desk with daily meeting interruptions . Always behind on my expected workload.

Good Pay

Overall decent company to work for. Hard to get ahead, often hard work goes unnoticed. Not a whole lot of actual carpentry work, seeing as Graham is a General contractor all of their projects on site are subbed out.

Pros

Good hours + Pay

Cons

Lack of mentorship within the company

Management on nights was good at Shell Scotford. Day shift was a nightmare stay away. Terrible general foreman on days. Respectful people overall, there no boys club like other jobs.

There is no fun…only pushing…no brake..nothing

Very bad attitude from Forman and Suprentent.I start to work since 2017.That time was very enjoyed with Forman and others.But now there’s very bad.Suprentent want to save Forman only.They don’t care workers.And Forman pushing all time not only white guys but also others in site.We don’t recommend to Graham any other guys.

Collaborative workplace with caring leadership

What sets Graham apart is the people. If you want to work at a company with collaborative leaders and coworkers then this company is for you. From a Junior Level individual to a VP everyone is willing to help. We are all on the same team and want the company to succeed. Great place to work!

Pros

Excellent Leadership and Coworkers

No clarity on what is expected from you. Horrible manager.

Got terminated within a month of joining as there wasn't any collaboration from the manager' end. Others were genial and helpful but the manager was non-cooperative in advising me as to what was expected. No deadline was given. No assistance from the manager as to how the work is to be performed. Called in on a certain Tuesday morning and was given the termination letter without any reason explained. Just an egregious experience.

Good experience

You gain good experience pay should be more most shifts are 7/7 which is awesome. Depending on the site management is good and co workers aren’t bad. Tooling could use improvement

Do not work in the payroll department

If you want to work in an environment where there is no team moral, this is the job for you. The payroll manager picks favourites and treats everyone else like garbage. They are also micromanager. The majority of the team is over worked and undervalued. I do not recommend working in this department.

Pros

Cons

Low team moral, micromanaging, poor plan compensation

Productive, Supportive,Team environment, Enjoyable

-Fast paced environment involving a mix of office and field work.- I have advanced my computer skills through co-workers as well as managements assistance. -Improved my communication skills within the work environment. -Management was very supportive. -Team environment, - Working away from home for extended periods.- Co-workers

Review

The Accounting department is not a place to work the managers are not very nice and quite rude. No help and of they help only little bit. They are not for you but just for themselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graham Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement