Grafton Apparel Employee Reviews

productive
e commerce (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 February 2019
if you are willing to learn and if you love to be in discipline, want to work in a fast paced environment where you learn something new every day, this is the best place you could ever find.
Good if you're a people person and are good at sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 February 2019
I personally worked as a part-time sales associate and as a part-timer, the pay is not very good as it's just minimum wage. So, if you're looking for a good paying job and you can only work part-time, this is not it. If you can work full-time and you're great at sales or with people, then you could have a good career with this company. What I personally really enjoyed about working here is the experience that I gained from it. It allowed me to grow professionally but also as an individual.
Fun workplace with great coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2018
I learned how to be a god saleswoman and got to work with a great team of people, styled customers daily, and tried to help them look and feel their best while in the store.
Do not work for this company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2018
I worked for this company for over 10 years. This company is just starting from bankruptcy. Ths president has taken over from sinking ship to sinking ship. Get out fast. There is no job culture whatsoever. This ship is sinking hard and fast. When the Americans want there money back from thier investment back this will cause significant hardship. This company should have never purchased Tip Top 20 years ago and are still paying for it.
Pros
Used to be great benefits not anymore. Pescriptions being denied by company all the time.
Cons
To many to list. If you want a job short term this is the place for you.
work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 July 2018
excellent to learn salesmanship and customer service
I started with no previous retail or sales experience and now I feel so comfortable selling and assisting customers
Amazing place
PAYROLL CLERK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
Grafton-Fraser Inc was one of the greatest job environments i had the pleasure to work in. It was full with friendly people and had a very cheerful vibe to it that i am pleased to say i shared.
Pros
Very nice work environment
Cons
Transportation hassles
Old School
Manager of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2018
GFI employees cling to an old school mentality, where they fight change and innovation. New ideas are frowned upon. Most of the day you are sitting in meetings watching others read off their notes which is basically a ploy developed by the employees who have been their 20+ years looking to avoid doing any work. They market themselves as being this All Canadian Company, yet their CEO is flown back and forth from the US and their clothes are made in Cambodia.
Customer service training was impeccable.
Key Holder and Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON21 May 2018
I love working with people. Team work is empowering and fun, in this environment I was able to hone my skills and become a better salesperson and a better team player.
Pros
As long as you are willing to learn they will teach you all you need to secceed
Cons
Working Christmas holidays
Great company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 January 2018
It is a great company to work for, however the longevity of the staff make it extremely hard for advancement. Also the pay structure is far from desirable. The staff and the Management teams for excellent.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
long hours vs minimal pay
Wonderful environment
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Always something new to learn - gives a different dynamic of workload. Working with employees gives a greater connection - helps to understand employee needs and how we can execute these needs to receive more sales and employee-employer satisfaction.
Professional work environment, with fun co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
Grafton Fraser Inc. was a fun place to work. The clients were interesting, the co-workers made the hours go by, and it gave me an opportunity to develop my sales skills. Only bad part about the job was management.
Pros
Co-workers were awesome, and fun to be around
Cons
Management was awful
Fabulous people, financial struggles
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
Company is struggling, managers are exemplary and co workers are amazing people, but hours are unstable/unpredictable. Great environment but unfortunately a shaky foundation to build upon. Amazing learning experience
Pros
Amazing people, fun
Cons
Basic pay
Not a great place to work
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  North York, ON27 January 2017
- Promotions depends on who you know
- No stable and they tend to replace employees so often
- Not great salaries
- Very standard benefits
Fun staff and very lenient
Warehouse Runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Management very helpful
Very lenient to make time for personal life
Area always comfortable and positive
Always something to do
Mandatory tasks to always be done day by day
Pros
Amazing area
Cons
Difficult for honest people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2016
Company without human values. No matter how much hardworking you are, there is no recognition for that. The company has given authority to persons, who have no respect for sincerity and honesty.
Pros
Discounts stuff
Cons
No recognition
Educational
E-Commerce Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
A typical day at work was something to look forward to.It was a fun workplace and also a learning experience. So many different places in Canada that i did not know existed.
Pros
Free Coffee
Grafton-Fraser Inc is a horrible place to work and I don't recommend it.
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 July 2016
Tip Top Tailors, retail location. I was hired as a management trainee for when my boss moved up but he has since announced he does not want his boss' job so I feel my time has been wasted at this company and I am stuck in a go-nowhere position.
I learned to never trust my manager, he says anything but will not come through and his false promises lower morale and make the employees do only the bare minimum to not get fired.
Management is the problem, I would suspect a different store might be a better place to work.
Because management is the problem he has hired people with personality disorders, and another employee had paranoid delusions of violence and had fantasies of his co-workers following him home at night. It is not a safe place to work.
The hardest part of the job is handling the other employees who are racist toward customers (not staff thankfully), incompetent or unable to follow directions, and being asked to sell things we don't keep in stock; the manager refuses to replenish sold items so it's nearly impossible to do your job properly, constantly sending customers to other stores and the competition.
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming home and looking for a different job in Loss Prevention which is where I belong, rather than sales dealing with imbeciles. I love the customers and serving them is easy, it's the people I work with that are terrible. I hate this job.
I was offered 40 hours per week and only get 20, he also hires more people and brings in staff from other stores to work when our own employees don't have enough hours to support themselves.
  more... I would be homeless if I kept working here.  less
Pros
Air conditioned in the mall.
Cons
Being constantly deceived by the manager, not enough hours.
great coworkers - horrible management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
unapriciatative management.
work long hours with very little appreciation.
I would not recommend anyone working there.
great coworkers but awful management.
Enjoyable positive environment
FT Sales / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Heartland Mississauga9 June 2016
Enjoy working alongside some very talented men and women. Just too bad the new company could not make a go and we are closing the doors.
It was productive
Business development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2015
I was the manager of a store. the store was achieved the target at all time because of the team that I was working with and the management.