GradeSlam

GradeSlam Pay & benefits reviews

Canada7 reviews
First off - the company is growing extremely fast. When I started working we were about 20 employees. Now I believe there are over 50 with an office in LA as well. Everything in the company is results based so you have to have that mindset to succeed.

For engineers we work on sprints (typically that range between 2 weeks and a month). We are split into a front-end and back-end team.

Pros:

-Ability to grow rapidly. You end up taking on a lot of responsibility, quickly.

-Recognition in front of entire company at the end of every sprint which makes us feel appreciated.

-Really amazing team and company culture.

Cons:

-We often have to put up with growing pains (renovations, noise, etc.) that can make it hard to concentrate.

-Starting salaries can be low. I was quickly given a raise and promotion as have most others.

In closing, if you are ambitious and driven then you absolutely should want to work here. The demands are high but that is why the company is growing so fast.
CEO and management do a good job of making the opportunity seem exciting; fast-paced, growing company with the opportunity to actually make a difference in the education space. Boy was that untrue.

You're paid next to nothing, no benefits while I worked there, low incentives. They would try to have sales contests to boost morale but it just pinned people against the other, and the losers had to do extra work for the winners.

Very high turn over, people would quit or get fired regularly, as they had a policy of no notice. Treated people poorly and on top of it all the product isn't nearly as good as they make it seem, all smoke and mirrors.