Grade A

Grade A Employee Reviews

The culture of the office is seemingly vibrant, if a bit shallow if you try to engage with others. It seems that there is an expectation to conform to a particular personality type otherwise you will be sidelined.Employee expectations were high. It felt that everybody was expected to fit two or three hours of work into one hour. Those who did achieve this consistently would be punished if they have an off day. It's strange, though. Specific employees who are constantly underperforming are given special treatment whereas you'll see a steady turnover of other employees for no reason.Individualism is not a high priority for this workplace. Expressing ideas should be avoided. Keep your head down, stay at your post, and log off at the end of your shift.Given how this workplace has a wide range of clients, this is at least a good place to gain exposure to the various IT needs of different businesses.
Pros
social events, comfortable break room
Cons
unfocused management, random layoffs
Grade A is an alright place to start out a career, not a good place to grow one. A lot of the rank and file people are cool and fun to work with but management will lie to you. They'll make promises they never intend to keep and demand loyalty from you without earning it. Random firings to scare people into line are common. They pay is poor, so are the benefits. The owners are almost never there and live in huge houses and drive fancy cars but there's never money for raises of bonuses, even when they sign new clients all the time. Office gossip and backstabbing are common and never stopped. And if you even hint about leaving to go work for another IT company, you will be intimidated, threatened and receive letters from lawyers. The owners and management claim it's an "employee focused company." Don't believe the hype and lies. They're in this for them and only care about you until you become too expensive or noisy, then you're their enemy.
3 June 2020
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. Please know that this is important to us, and management has read your review. We are working to ensure that your concerns are addressed within our current team. All the best.
The place is like working in a dungeon. all you do is solve problems for all sorts of mean and not understanding people who brake stuff, blame you and the company and then demand that you fix it. Management does not have your back, no matter what the tell you in the interview you are on your own. I would never recommend this company for any IT professional.
23 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. It has been passed on to management and we will be working to ensure that no current or future employees experience these feelings. All the best going forward.
I've been doing IT for nearly 20 years, and I have learned more in the last 2+ years here than in the entirety of my career. The culture is great and inclusive, and management is willing to try new things and admit when they were wrong. Advancement can come quickly to the people who are willing to actually work for it and get involved and the pay is decent. The hardest part of the job is the pace, the company is constantly growing and keeping up with all of the moving pieces can be daunting, but it's also one of the best parts of the job. Mistakes are identified and dealt with as soon as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, everyone here recognizes that we need to work as a team, and while there may be the occasional roadblock we always work through it. There's something to be said about being able to walk into any upper management office and have a chat. It's a great environment. In other places you are a person in a chair, I've learned here that I can actually be valued as an employee.
23 December 2019
Thank you for writing this review! It has been reviewed by management and we have taken your advice into account. It is always our goal to make employees feel valued, and we're glad that this was your experience of Grade A. All the best going forward!
The company is a great place for anyone who loves technology. You get the chance to gain experience with a wide variety of platforms and technologies, as well as different industries. This is useful for developing your career whether you stay with the organization or eventually go elsewhere. The team and management are very supportive and open to all kinds of feedback. There's really an open door policy at all levels. The company is growing and I think the biggest challenge for everyone is dealing with the amount of changes that occur. While normal for a company on the rise, that doesn't make it any less difficult. I believe in the ultimate success of the company primarily due to the team (and teams) involved, and the people at all levels.
Bad place to work. Bad management. Long probation.
3 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. Please know that this is important to us. Management has read your review and is taking your comment on our probation policy into consideration. All the best.
A place where hard work is rewarded, understanding of real life is accepted especially around family life. They keep there fingers on the pulse of cutting edge technologies that benefit their customers. Their customers love them based on their responsiveness and approach.
Pros
Family flexibility, employee focused, up to date on newest technologies
This is can be a good starting point for college graduates with no experience or someone changing careers and looking to break into the IT field. Also, if you are a seasoned professional who loves supporting a huge variety of clients and being challenged by very complex IT environments daily, then you can give it a try. Interview process: Grade A has a very long interview process. First step is to fill out an online application (with basic technical questions ) , phone screen interview, and 2 in person interviews ( first is personal and second is technical) . Worked for other competitors before and the process was not as long as this.
Pros
Free lunches, Exposure to a wide variety of technology, Helpful teammates
Cons
Unprofessionalism, Random Layoffs, Low pay
This company bills itself as a young, fun, inclusive company, the reality couldn't be further from the truth. I would never recommend anyone to either work for them or to employ them to do any work for your business. Management will talk about you behind your back and the past history of just firing people randomly isn't good. Poor morale, lack of leadership and not a good place to be
Great people to work with, young dynamic, lots of fun at work with after hours activities. The people at GradeA are hard working and the owners are very employee focused.