Grace United Church Employee Reviews

4.3Pay & Benefits
4.0Job Security & Advancement
excellent experience
Volunteer Community Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 May 2017
had lots of fun. got to talk to lots of new people. felt like i was making a difference. staff really cares about our visitors. also go to help with other initiatives to help those who are impoverished
Pros
involvement in community
Positive work environment.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dunnville, ON10 August 2016
Grace United Church is a safe and clean environment. I have flexibility in my work day and enjoy the members of the church ond Board staff. I am my own superviser and like working indepedently.
Rewarding place to work .
Cook / Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brampton12 November 2013
cooked breakfasts using ovens microwave ovens Gas ranges and Ovens, Industrial size convection ovens,Toasters and Coffee Machines, Automatic industrial size dishwashers and sanitation stations
A challenging and fulfilling office position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, ON6 April 2013
I have learned there is not a typical day as church administrator!

You quickly realize to go with the flow; the value of confidentiality, and how to get along with people from 3 years old to 100 years old.

My typical day will touch on many roles from dealing with the bank or 'company accountant' to speaking to someone about booking a wedding or maybe a funeral service to desiging and printing the monthly church activity calendar.

The hardest part of my job is to leave on time, I never do! But this is also the most enjoyable part of my job, always wanting to contribute to the smooth running of the church organization. Not being a member of the congegation allows me the freedom to perform my job within the expected confines of confidentiality.
Pros
meeting and knowing many many people; the variety of expected administrative tasks.
Cons
it is only part time work!!!!