Grace Hospital Employee Reviews

fun, manageable and interesting job to have
Cashier at the Gift shop (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 August 2018
A typical day at work is usually not that hectic. I handle costumers inside the gift shop and help them if they needed to find some things. Sometimes I suggest some of our retail to satisfy their needs. I learned to understand the customers and to always find something to do whenever there are no costumers. For example, rearrange the retail stuff. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can talk and be friends with my costumers. For example, asking if how they are doing or how their day is.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
volunteer only, no salary
A geat place to help the community
Meal and Water delivery, mail, newspaper delivery (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2018
I decided to volunteer at Grace Hospital because I wanted to give back to my community in a meaningful way and volunteering at the local hospital was an amazing opportunity.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
You may see some squeamish sights once in a while
such a lovely place to work in
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2018
I started working at this hospital for 2 years now. Its a busy hospital but the management tend to be helpful in filling gaps everytime we need staff. The worst part is we are being mandated most of the time which is unhealthy for a worker. Overall i enjoy working here
Awesome place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 April 2018
The Grace Hospital was an awesome place to work. Staff are friendly and like one big family and management is very flexible and understanding regarding the balance of work and personal life.
Great way to get volunteer hours for high school students
Youth Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2018
This volunteer position makes it easy to complete all volunteer hours. Also great to put on a resume for students who are hoping to work in the healthcare field.
interesting place to work where you help those in need
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2018
A rewarding place to work. My position involved quite a bit of patient interaction. The daily routine became repetitive eventually but the sense of helping patients was the best part of the job. Co-workers were for the most-part great and there was a true sense of teamwork. Unfortunately, moral has suffered in the last few years because of a corporate management style and government actions. The pay was adequate and the benefits pretty good.
Great place.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2017
I started working at the GH as soon as I graduated from the pharmacy Technician course, I was warmly welcomed by all the staff members, I learned how the unit does system works, and I made friends that are still part of my life!
Pros
Peaceful place.
worker
work (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 June 2017
interesting place to work. a lot of different people doing different types of job. the job changed from day to day which helped it from getting boring.
Fun Exciting Workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 January 2017
Ideal workplace for a self-motivated individual. Fast paced, yet very friendly. Work is distributed evenly and fairly amongst workers. Exciting and challenging, with the added knowledge that you are helping people.
Grace Hospital is the place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2016
I love everything about my job here. Staff are easy to get along with and non-judgmental, management is firm yet friendly and fair. Grace is very centered on having happy employees.
Started very well, changes made it burdensome
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2015
I loved my work with the clients and other disciplines. However in my opinion when the WRHA took over from the Salvation Army the Job Culture went into the toilet. As we speak there is an active plan to tear down the original mental health building, reduce the program from 20 to 10 beds (thus no longer justifying a full time recreation therapist). I did not feel like watching 25 years of my efforts being plowed in, so I took my magic 80 retirement and moved on to other things.
Pros
Watching personal growth of clients
Cons
The "beautiful theories destroyed by ugly facts" management style
Very fast paced,
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 October 2014
The day starts at 6:00am to 4:30pm shift change. all the housekeeping personnel meet in the work room and get paired with different workers to go to different areas of the hospital to clean rooms and mop floors and hallways as well as bathrooms. I learned new cleaning techniques like how and where to use different chemicals, where to put hazardous and infectious items so they can get distriod. the workers were organized and very helpful. the hardest part of the job was cleaning the isolation rooms. I enjoyed being and talking with others while working , lunch time was the best.
Cons
working around the sick and dying
Great job security and benefit package
DIETARY PORTER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 August 2014
A typical day: customer service, cashier, balancing transactions, bank deposits.
What I learned: Great time management skills
Management: The management team in the Retail Food Services have high expectations from their staff.
My co-workers: My coworkers are team players and very hardworking.
The hardest part of my job: Trying to manage with less staff when there is a sick call.
The most enjoyable part of my job: Working as a team with my co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefit package
Cons
short shifts of 3-6 hours
Grace Hospital Expierence
Dietary Porter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Booth13 May 2013
I personally enjoy working at the grace. I work in the kitchen and as a cashier. The people I work with are good people and loving. The managers are good as well and fair for the most part. The hardest part of the job would be when im on Cash and its really busy but thats part of the job, so I dont mind it. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the employees I work with and that time goes by really fast.