Grace Hospital

Grace Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
- a pretty typical day at work
learned how to utilize my work environment problem-solving skills

the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how rewarding it is to help the patients and even just put a smile on their face
My typical day was usually set but there were always changes which kept the job interesting.

I learned the position of patient relations intake

My most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team that was very supportive
Good place to work where everyone was friendly. Good pace, and very education for my future career goals. Walking the floor and meeting patients was very fulfilling.
During my time at Grace hospital I was volunteering under a very warm and welcoming environment. The volunteers were given work that was important to patient care, and we had to ensure that we worked meticulously and prudently. Us volunteers worked on Sundays and only for a few hours which made it really easy for us to be able to balance our work and school lives. Grace hospital although did not pay volunteers it gave me a substantial amount of experience of the medical field, which is significant for me since I am pursuing my dream of becoming a cardiologist specialist (Cardiac Doctor). My supervisor and the Volunteer service administrators were incredibly kind and accommodating to me and the other volunteers. I have volunteered in many other places but no other place has been this good to work for. My time in Grace hospital was very productive and educational. That is why I would personally endorse and recommend Grace Hospital for people seeking to volunteer and make a difference.
Pros
Food vouchers and a wholesome and welcoming volunteer environment
Cons
Long wait list for volunteer appointments.
I loved the staff at the Grace because it's a smaller site, everyone knows each other. Gym was great! Great people and safe place to work because sec.
Pros
Great Cafeteria
Cons
Far from home
I help out on some manageable tasks like folding patients garments or delivering meals.This was to help he builds productivity and helping patients with day to day needs.
Pros
seeing them smiles and making them happy
Cons
tasks were the same everyday( very on schedule)
direct patient care. Good place to work, overtime pay. good training period. always got breaks. Management was very good at dealing with arising problems. recommend this company.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
long overtime
A typical day at work is usually not that hectic. I handle costumers inside the gift shop and help them if they needed to find some things. Sometimes I suggest some of our retail to satisfy their needs. I learned to understand the customers and to always find something to do whenever there are no costumers. For example, rearrange the retail stuff. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can talk and be friends with my costumers. For example, asking if how they are doing or how their day is.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
volunteer only, no salary
I decided to volunteer at Grace Hospital because I wanted to give back to my community in a meaningful way and volunteering at the local hospital was an amazing opportunity.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
You may see some squeamish sights once in a while
I started working at this hospital for 2 years now. Its a busy hospital but the management tend to be helpful in filling gaps everytime we need staff. The worst part is we are being mandated most of the time which is unhealthy for a worker. Overall i enjoy working here
The Grace Hospital was an awesome place to work. Staff are friendly and like one big family and management is very flexible and understanding regarding the balance of work and personal life.
This volunteer position makes it easy to complete all volunteer hours. Also great to put on a resume for students who are hoping to work in the healthcare field.
A rewarding place to work. My position involved quite a bit of patient interaction. The daily routine became repetitive eventually but the sense of helping patients was the best part of the job. Co-workers were for the most-part great and there was a true sense of teamwork. Unfortunately, moral has suffered in the last few years because of a corporate management style and government actions. The pay was adequate and the benefits pretty good.
I started working at the GH as soon as I graduated from the pharmacy Technician course, I was warmly welcomed by all the staff members, I learned how the unit does system works, and I made friends that are still part of my life!
Pros
Peaceful place.
interesting place to work. a lot of different people doing different types of job. the job changed from day to day which helped it from getting boring.
Ideal workplace for a self-motivated individual. Fast paced, yet very friendly. Work is distributed evenly and fairly amongst workers. Exciting and challenging, with the added knowledge that you are helping people.
I love everything about my job here. Staff are easy to get along with and non-judgmental, management is firm yet friendly and fair. Grace is very centered on having happy employees.
I loved my work with the clients and other disciplines. However in my opinion when the WRHA took over from the Salvation Army the Job Culture went into the toilet. As we speak there is an active plan to tear down the original mental health building, reduce the program from 20 to 10 beds (thus no longer justifying a full time recreation therapist). I did not feel like watching 25 years of my efforts being plowed in, so I took my magic 80 retirement and moved on to other things.
Pros
Watching personal growth of clients
Cons
The "beautiful theories destroyed by ugly facts" management style
The day starts at 6:00am to 4:30pm shift change. all the housekeeping personnel meet in the work room and get paired with different workers to go to different areas of the hospital to clean rooms and mop floors and hallways as well as bathrooms. I learned new cleaning techniques like how and where to use different chemicals, where to put hazardous and infectious items so they can get distriod. the workers were organized and very helpful. the hardest part of the job was cleaning the isolation rooms. I enjoyed being and talking with others while working , lunch time was the best.
Cons
working around the sick and dying
A typical day: customer service, cashier, balancing transactions, bank deposits.
What I learned: Great time management skills

Management: The management team in the Retail Food Services have high expectations from their staff.

My co-workers: My coworkers are team players and very hardworking.

The hardest part of my job: Trying to manage with less staff when there is a sick call.

The most enjoyable part of my job: Working as a team with my co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefit package
Cons
short shifts of 3-6 hours
I personally enjoy working at the grace. I work in the kitchen and as a cashier. The people I work with are good people and loving. The managers are good as well and fair for the most part. The hardest part of the job would be when im on Cash and its really busy but thats part of the job, so I dont mind it. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the employees I work with and that time goes by really fast.