GoWrench Employee Reviews

Great team!
CEO (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 November 2018
Disclaimer- I am the founder/CEO. As the founder it has been amazing watching the team grow, learn and thrive. I have done my best to put some amazing people in each role and give them the tools, coaching and training to thrive. That being said, in our infancy as an innovative startup we had much to learn as we grew but we pushed through it as a team, got a lot of feedback and always aim to get better as each day passes.
I've come to learn a lot about the staff that work here and I have to say they are a funny, energetic bunch never short on jokes...but know when to get down to business. I'm honoured to work with this team and I'm grateful for the amazing people here and what I continue to learn from everyone :)
Pros
Constant learning and new challenges every day
Cons
Cars can be a finicky thing ;)
Great Culture
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2018
GoWrench Head Office team keeps you motivated to do better. Always encouraging us to be our best. I have learned so much in my time at GoWrench - and they are the only job I have ever had that focuses on MY financial well-being as opposed to just theirs.
Pros
flexible, fun
Fun workplace, great team.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 September 2018
My favourite thing about working at GoWrench is the management team, They continually strive to get team members to be their best and to ensure that they are fulfilled in their positions.

GoWrench offers a lot off flexibility when it comes to scheduling, so I am able to keep a good work/life balance - with the expectation that the results still come in as expected.

They do not have a traditional benefits packages but I think the general benefits outweigh this minor setback.
Pros
great time, inspiring CEO
Okay work place not for everyone.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON23 August 2018
You will learn how to detail cars so that is a plus and you get to work alone, however very long hours if you aren't available all day you wont get much cars. I worked 8am to 8pm and I changed my availability to only 6-8 hours a day and I stopped getting cars.

Their ad is misleading as it says you can make 200$ per day but you can only make 200$ per day if you work ridiculous hours which is basically the same with any company. Sometimes you get tips though so that is a plus.

Working outside in sun in hot car not for everyone. When I worked I would drive all the way to Hamilton for the cars so if you have a older car that is not fuel efficient you will spend a lot on gas I spent 400-500 per month on gas on a 2017 car. You also need a big car for all the supplies.

Have to buy own cleaning solutions the company provides some tools for 5$ per day but not the solutions. Everything goes in your car. Expect your car to start to have chemical smells and be unpleasant to be inside.

No fixed schedule unlike other jobs so sometimes I would go all the way to Hamilton for my first car at 9am and then my next car wont be until 4pm and then I am stuck in the area until 4pm doing nothing. Job was okay but with all the driving and having to buy my own equipment and no fixed schedule plus the ridiculous hours. GoWrench was no longer worth it for me.
Pros
Work Alone
Cons
Long Hours, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoWrench. Our community is ready to answer.