GOWAY TRAVEL

GOWAY TRAVEL Employee Reviews

Speaking from a IT perspective, there was not much to learn and not many skills that I took from college were utilized. The environment and peers were super friendly and enjoyable to work alongside with. Suggestions were heard and some implemented but others were rejected without much consideration. Management was great and accommodating. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing things that would prevent future issues but the most difficult part of the job was dealing with the downtime. If there was anything I did learn at this job it was how to deal with others complaining about technical issues and the IT infrastructure. All in all its not a bad starter job straight out of college.
Goway promotes family culture while being diverse and fair. Your typical day at work in the marketing department may have you working on a flyer for Asia market and an Australian email by the afternoon.
Let's start with the positive: People working in sales department are great, there is quite a good atmosphere between teams thankfully, and people help each other even if each person has her own targets to reach. And well, this is all! Now depending on the department you are working for, you will have more or less flexibility regarding work/life balance or holidays. Managers working at the Wholesale department are the most flexible, now the job can be extremely stressful. You will probably stay late after hours because without staying late or working after hours from home it is almost impossible to be able to manage the workload successfully. And,if you dont manage to reach your target, one day you will just be fired like poopoo (I would have used another word but the site says it is inappropriate). A lot of people there feel like poopoo. Some managers have chosen to adopt the method of pulling people from below rather than from above. Not sure it works with everybody. Benefits are not so great: Pay is fine but 10 days vacation days for a travel agency is low (you will have 5 days more only on the 6th year! Yay!), 6 personal days (that you can't take anytime), and this is it. If you work for wholesales department, you can work on saturdays to earn more vacation days, this is the only benefit you can find. During the interview, they will probably tell you there is a lot of flexibility, that you will have Fam Trips, but this is not always true, there is clearly favoritism depending on your work (a little), but also your face and your origins (a lot)... So, think about - more...
Pros
Nice teams
Cons
long hours, bad management, bad methods
Great company offering competitive salary & incentive packages. Friendly office atmosphere with endless opportunities for growth within the organization.
Good opportunity for the entry level accounting worker. The travel agent have better paid than the supporting department, it paid by commission plus base.
I’ve worked in the travel industry for over 17 years and it’s refreshing to work for a company that’s privately owned and genuinely care about their staff. The management have an open door policy & the company culture is one of work hard play hard. The salaries are on par or higher than industry standards. There is a large percentage of staff members that have been with the company 10+ years, and there is opportunities for career progression.
not a great place to work - not much support, things could have changed. long interview process and not a lot of assistance when needed. Based on bringing in money for the company
Possibility of home based work. Good managers, great work space, great location. Commission based, Low pay for starters. Relaxed environment, great coworkers
Terrible culture. Bullying is rife. Career progression non existent. Favouritism is appalling. If your face fits, you'll be fine, if it doesn't, you will be bullied to the point of leaving.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GOWAY TRAVEL?
Great people to work for and with. High expectations and monthly quota to fill. Most of your day will be responding to email leads and trying to get a response from potential clients.
Over worked under paid, this is a do it all your self even if you are new, over worked, a swamp of information that you need to learn on a daily basis apart from your work load
Pros
co workers are friendly and helpful
Cons
really long hours due to unforeseen expectations and lack of help by management
It is a good place to work. The managers are nice people. You can have two weeks vacation and a week personal days. I have learned a lot here.
Worked on commission + base salary so there was a bit of pressure to close sales. Did learn the art of handling pressure while doing my job efficiently. Had a great supervisor - tough but understanding. Enjoyed the breaks in the coffee room with colleagues sharing a few laughs and jokes. Lunch time was awesome sharing our day-to-day experiences.
Pros
Learnt a lot on the job
Cons
Late shifts and pressure of getting sales to make money
So much to do so little time, But the end of the day it is a job that need to be done on a daily basis, I make sure that we balance fun and work . my co-workers are young and vibrant, I try to make them interact with other department.Hardest part is always the month end closing. Timeline as very short,so everyone is very focus to meet deadlines,
Booked General and Complex Flight Reservations for Retail Agents and offered Fare quotes. Followed up bookings and quotes to complete Sales and offered after Sales support. Offered additional support to book Lad arrangements through Land department.
Pros
Enjoyed challenges
Cons
Long Hours
Challenging and interesting and happy that that the day was fun and successful. Learning curve in all aspects.Made nay friends in the trade by helping them.
With every step I took in my career, I had a new experience and met new exceptional people.
Great place to work at. I learned a lot about production and design. Working with other great people to gain creative experience and exposure in the travel and design industries.
this was not a bad job.had working lunches, so then you would have any other breaks the whole day and not get paid for that time.had to do other dept jobs when they were busy and then not complete your on work.repeative work
Pros
learning about travel
Cons
work lunches
To work where you are helping people prepare for their vacation...fun.I learned to answer, and transfer a call so fast, without delay.The people working there were fun, and helpful. The management was cruel, and harsh. They were control freaks.I loved the diversity of the people I worked with, I learned about many, many different parts of the world.