Government of the Northwest Territories

Government of the Northwest Territories Employee Review

View all Government of the Northwest Territories reviews

Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT2 September 2012
Work load varied on a day to day basis; some days you just take initiative and create projects to keep busy, other days, you may have numerous letters to edit/format. Every day, you used the mail log system to log in or log out mail.

I've been with the same department for 10 years and all my coworkers were great to work with.

The hardest part of the job was probably training a new Admin Assistant.

The most enjoyable part was the great staff and covering off for more than one Administrative Assistant at a time; sometimes, I was covering for 3 Administrative positions anywhere from 1 day to 1 week or more.
Pros
receiving 187.5 hours of annual days per year, government shutting down for 2 weeks at christmas time, and great pay!
Cons
the huge project of converting the government wide filing system, difficult to wrap our heads around it

Other Government of the Northwest Territories Employee Reviews

Excellent Experience
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT5 April 2018
I have learned a lot from this job and gained a lot of experience throughout my time as an administrative assistant. I believe I was a great asset to their establishment.
Excellent workplace with great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT6 November 2017
The Government of the Northwest Territories, particularly Environment and Natural Resources, is an excellent workplace that provides a variety of learning opportunities and friendly groups of people to consult with.