Government of the Northwest Territories logo
Government of the Northwest Territories

Government of the Northwest Territories Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Job security & advancement

Educational

Provided me with an understanding of different cultures and gave me the opportunity for professional growth. The hardest part of the job was leaving the North in order to further my education. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning something new each day.

Pros

The unique conditions of the North.

Cons

The amount of day light during the extended winters

Excellent place to work

Work load varied on a day to day basis; some days you just take initiative and create projects to keep busy, other days, you may have numerous letters to edit/format. Every day, you used the mail log system to log in or log out mail.I've been with the same department for 10 years and all my coworkers were great to work with.The hardest part of the job was probably training a new Admin Assistant.The most enjoyable part was the great staff and covering off for more than one Administrative Assistant at a time; sometimes, I was covering for 3 Administrative positions anywhere from 1 day to 1 week or more.

Pros

receiving 187.5 hours of annual days per year, government shutting down for 2 weeks at christmas time, and great pay!

Cons

the huge project of converting the government wide filing system, difficult to wrap our heads around it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of the Northwest Territories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement