Government of Saskatchewan Pay & Benefits reviews

great place to work
Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 June 2019
This was an excellent place to work. The people were helpful and friendly and very knowledgeable. The pay scale could have been better and my experience wasn't a much of a factor in my day-to-day job. That being said I'm sad to leave and would love another government position.
Pros
every second Friday off, benefits
Cons
not challenging enough
Working with government gives me pride.
Manager of Workforce Development (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK28 May 2019
I enjoy being a public servant and providing non-partisan input as an analyst and citizen. The ability to know that I am doing "good work" for the public is very rewarding. I feel like I am part of the solution.
Pros
Excellent benefits and a respectful place to work.
Cons
Competitiveness with long service employees and competing for positions.
Occupational Health & Safety
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 January 2019
The colleagues were great but beware of management. The management will segregate workers and harass them. If you attempt to stand up you will be written up and let go. The least healthy management I have ever had to work for in my 12+ years. I would suggest to stay private sector safety as OH&S doesn't have the power everyone thinks they do. Very few officers are able to give tickets, development is not encouraged but more frowned upon. The salary is mediocre at best compared to private sector. The only positive is the excess of vacation that you're able to take.
Pros
Vacation time, co-workers
Cons
Management, no development offered.
fasted paced and friendly staff
Corrections Officer and Riot Squad Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 September 2018
Good wages with excellent benefits package and friendly staff makes the work place a choice place to work, management is well trained as well as employees.
If only as stepping stone for you
Document Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 August 2018
This was a starting job. It has very nice benefits if you can afford to stay long enough emotionally and physically. The stress was not coming from the work, but from the management and some people. Management did not do any for people, whom work hard and on time. Instead, they choose their fervor. If you are not, no matter what you do. They will find excuses to point you out. Maybe that is why they have such high turnout rate.
Pros
Most co-workers are very nice; steady time and pay
good hours
Government Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 June 2018
daily duties included cleaning the facility I was in, Really enjoyed the diversity within the job. I worked around some fantastic people and made some life long friends.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Brad Wall Fired Us
Professional Workplace
Renewal Project Technician (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK10 June 2018
Excellent work environment. Good pay and room to move around if you can get on fulltime. No overtime if that is your thing, and no weekends which is very nice.
Good work environment
Verification Officer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 November 2017
Close knit,
family feel,
accommodating.
Great pension benefits.
progressive pay increase
unionized
One of the best places I've worked
Good work culture
Income Assistance Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 September 2017
working hard at all times
working with youth
keeping a strong relationship with all clients
Making sure all around are safe within the company and the premises
Pros
free lunch
Great Job
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 September 2017
Really loved working here they provide great benefits I got every other Monday per week off which was really nice. My manager was amazing and treated everyone great
Great place to work in SK
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 July 2017
I was fortunate enough to have excellent bosses and wonderful colleagues over the 8 years I worked with Government of SK. They really made the difference in going from a good job to a great job. As for working at GoS, benefits and salary are great and there is excellent work/life balance pending your job position.

Workplace culture can be tricky at any location, but sometimes unionized environments as well as political environments make it a little extra frustrating at times.
crew boss
Crew Boss (Former Employee) –  beauval,sk12 July 2017
I enjoyed outdoors, had a good time. Id so be involved again. Its hard tho to get a job again with no income to go pay to get my license, it sucks. I had a good summer that year.
Stay away.
Goverment of Sask (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 March 2017
Not a place that I would recommend to anyone. It doesn't seem like anyone knows what they are doing. The over spending is ridiculous, no wonder there is a huge deficit!
Pros
100% dental/ day working hours
Cons
Everything else
Decent place for students
Filmmaker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 February 2017
It's a decent place for college students to gain their first working experience in their life as the working environment is friendly and supportive. In my case, the salary is average and it's not very effective or productive to work here in the government, but it is with a good work/life balance.
Good Job Security
Program Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 November 2016
I enjoy working here and the people I work with. Health and Dental benefits are top of the line. Good pension plan. Weekends and Statutory holidays off.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
No room for advancement in my current position
Calm and good work environment
QA Automation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 April 2016
Good & easy work environment overall. Strict deadlines, and good management. Clean and spacious cubicles, and flexible timings help desk.
Fun and productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 August 2015
The Government of Saskatchewan was a very comfortable and enjoyable place to work with exceptional benefits and people..
Demanding & extensive monitoring.
Cultural Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK11 November 2013
Kids & programs were great, co-workers lacked empathy & education. Management spent time scrutinizing employees creating a very unhealthy work environment. Most difficult part of the job was knowing that a Youth did not learn something.
Pros
Great pay & benefits.
Cons
Suffocating work environment.
Great place to work after your winding down your career. Not a place for young individuals. Promotions are non existent unless another person retires.
Petroleum Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 August 2013
Nice relaxing environment. Great benefits and flex days. The culture is great. But the work is not very challenging, a lot of pushing paper and as a young engineer eager to learn this place lacks work that will help you grow. The work is mostly regulatory.
Pros
Great holidays.
Cons
No learning curve. Lots of applications and paper work, can get boring quickly.
fast paced, fun environment
Facility Youth Worker/ Case Manager (NBYC) (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK19 December 2012
I enjoyed the wage and benefits as well as the chance of advancement. Within a year of working there i advanced from a level 5 to an 8. A typical day at work would be hanging out with the residents. Helping them with supper, having a group meeting, escorting them to activities. I learned a lot about casework. Management was very understanding. I enjoyed everyone i worked with. The hardest part of the job was trying to calm a resident down but it was also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
making a change in a life
Cons
incidents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of Saskatchewan. Our community is ready to answer.

Government of Saskatchewan Reviews by Location