Government of Saskatchewan

Government of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

Me and my friend both worked the election last year and had a good time with it. You mostly get to hangout with your buddies and get paid for it. The work that you do is also really easy and stress free
Cons
I loved it. I found that everyone in management handle incidents or other work related concerns through the proper channels. The benefits were great, and the opportunity for advancement was above and beyond what I expected.
Pros
37.5 hr work week
Cons
37.5 hr work week
Recruitment process dragged on with little communication (from posting deadline, to interview, to outcome of interview).On the positive, the interviewers were willing to allow us to go beyond the allotted time to cover the necessary discussions.
I had great pleasure working with Government of Saskatchewan for my Internship. I worked with the Pipelines Group, and all the employees were engaging and helpful for me as long as I can remember.
SK Government is a very good employer. They provide good equipment. Have opportunity to expose on wide range of tasks of different functional area. As contractor, Job may not be secure - Since it is so dynamic.
Working for the Government of Saskatchewan offers many opportunities for career growth and advancement, with excellent salary and employee benefits as well as several employee networks.
I started out doing maintenance and worked my way up to an operating engineer. I was mentor trained and going to work everyday was a breeze and enjoyable. They don’t pay the best but make up with it through benefits and time off.
Working for Saskatchewan Housing Corporation, for over two and a half years, showed me what excellent leadership, inclusivity, a supportive environment, and work-family truly looks like! Overall, ,it would be truly amazing if all organizations mimicked SHC -- or at least tried to learn from their approach towards work culture.The salary was much lower than industry average, hence the reason for my resignation, however, being a government organization they are not allowed flexibility in that aspect. Saskatchewan Government employee health and dental benefits, on the other hand, are among the best I've ever seen.
Pros
Inclusivity, personal development, support, flexibility, understanding management
Cons
Low industry wages, insufficient training funds, underfunded resources
love the work, however management could use some work. likes to add unneeded stress to the staff, and huge turnover because of it. Likes to belittle people
Working in Gov't provides me with a feeling that I am helping others be successful as they move through education into the job market. The culture is very welcoming and collaborative, the leadership wants to see their staff grow, learn, and be successful and happy at work.
Great culture, management very respectful and friendly. Allowed opportunities for growing experience. 9 day fortnight was great for work/life balance.
Government is not a secure or friendly place to work. They promote a one team approach but "one team" seems to be overshadowed by getting walked on so others can exploit you for advancement.
Took courses to become a special care provider. We would take into our home brothers and sisters with violent or drug addicted parents. The kids would stay with us until the parents had taken courses i set out. After passing, i would set up visitation and after a few months reunify the families.
Great work life balance but pay is not on par with industry in regards to Human Resources. Not a lot of room for advancement depending on the position you are in.
Great place to work. Good benefits. Great staff. Flexible working conditions. Loved it. All in all a rewarding experience. Lots of room for advancement.
Under the new management I would advise caution. Lots of promises but little to no support. Once you are settled in the expectations mount to near impossible levels.
Pros
EDOs
Cons
favoritism, agism, sexism.
Couldn't be a better place to work. Had great opportunities for career building and skills building. Opportunities for advancement were superior as was the quality of people working there.
I enjoyed working in the Government Saskatchewan. The projects were very challenging. The people are very friendly and there is positive energy in the environment.
Pros
There is a long weekend every alternate weeks
This was an excellent place to work. The people were helpful and friendly and very knowledgeable. The pay scale could have been better and my experience wasn't a much of a factor in my day-to-day job. That being said I'm sad to leave and would love another government position.
Pros
every second Friday off, benefits
Cons
not challenging enough
I enjoy being a public servant and providing non-partisan input as an analyst and citizen. The ability to know that I am doing "good work" for the public is very rewarding. I feel like I am part of the solution.
Pros
Excellent benefits and a respectful place to work.
Cons
Competitiveness with long service employees and competing for positions.
The ideals and culture laid out in training is a pipe dream in comparison to the reality. While those who are comfortable in positions they've held for decades aren't held in check the workplace culture will remain hit and miss, completely dependent on a manager or supervisors mood with zero regard for any of the mandatory workplace training courses that preach inclusion, open discussion, regular reviews and in-depth training on new processes.
Pros
Regular Hours