Government of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

It's Government, what else can I say?
Executive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 October 2018
It's hard to rate what it's like working within government. I can say that working with the Ministry of Agriculture is wonderful. It is a workplace that deeply commits to its values, inclusion and culture.
Pros
Believes in leadership at any level
Cons
Limited career advancement
fasted paced and friendly staff
Corrections Officer and Riot Squad Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 September 2018
Good wages with excellent benefits package and friendly staff makes the work place a choice place to work, management is well trained as well as employees.
If only as stepping stone for you
Document Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 August 2018
This was a starting job. It has very nice benefits if you can afford to stay long enough emotionally and physically. The stress was not coming from the work, but from the management and some people. Management did not do any for people, whom work hard and on time. Instead, they choose their fervor. If you are not, no matter what you do. They will find excuses to point you out. Maybe that is why they have such high turnout rate.
Pros
Most co-workers are very nice; steady time and pay
Government Experience
Program Integrity Officer (PIU), SINP (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 August 2018
Government employee experience in the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training, I possess a comprehensive skill set and hands-on understanding necessary to affect positive, overreaching outcomes in this role.

During my employment, I am responsible for a number of duties including handling all complaints related to immigrants, employers, foreign worker recruiters and immigration consultants - where mistreatment under The Foreign Worker Recruitment and Immigration Services Act or fraud or misrepresentation has been reported or suspected.

My experience is not limited to just doing everyday run of the mill tasks that are part of handling complaints; I have the opportunity to plan and organize multiple, complex tasks and projects taking into consideration conflicting and changing priorities to meet strict and/or changing deadlines; Ability to develop positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance and resolve problems.
Pros
Creative job
Cons
Contract Based
Only as a stepping stone...
Person (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 August 2018
Senior management is out of touch. They lack any true leadership and are only interested in themselves and supporting those in their circle. Professional development is non-existent. Lots of turnover and people leave often, all due to leadership. It's a decent stepping stone but you will beat your head against the wall. They don't want innovative minds, and if you think you have ideas for improvement, they will beat that out of you.
Pros
There are some amazing people in scope.
Cons
Leadership; they dont live by their values; professional development is not a thing
Learned alot
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 July 2018
One of the best jobs that I have ever had. I learned a alot about government and govenment protocals.

Each office was like its own little family. Which helped to lower the stress of the high stress position.
good hours
Government Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 June 2018
daily duties included cleaning the facility I was in, Really enjoyed the diversity within the job. I worked around some fantastic people and made some life long friends.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Brad Wall Fired Us
Professional Workplace
Renewal Project Technician (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK10 June 2018
Excellent work environment. Good pay and room to move around if you can get on fulltime. No overtime if that is your thing, and no weekends which is very nice.
Forest Service (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK15 February 2018
It was fun but it had its down side
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chitek Lake, SK1 February 2018
It was an okay job, the good thing was that it paid well. The management wasn't the best but the other co-workers we great. They made going to work in the morning very enjoyable.

Want to know more about Government of Saskatchewan?

Ask a question
Co-operative team environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 January 2018
Opportunity to learn a lot about the business side of things form Pension perspective. Team environment is good and co-operative. Also, get a lot of support from Manager. The pay is very low considering resource experience and skill set.
Pros
Work life balance is manageable
Cons
Low wage
Good work environment
Verification Officer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 November 2017
Close knit,
family feel,
accommodating.
Great pension benefits.
progressive pay increase
unionized
One of the best places I've worked
Good work culture
Busy with clients
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SK11 October 2017
Arrive at around 8:15 am each morning, check my emails and messages. i usually have clients booked with appointment. get ready for my client to show up. i learned that if you develop a good working relationship with your clients it really helps with their self esteem. they give more attention to their needs. the management was very supportive. the workplace culture was great, the hardest part about the job was not having client show up for their appointment, i try to think of new way to get them to come. the most enjoyable was seeing a client head of to work and knowing that he will do great in his new position.
Pros
successful clients
Cons
clients missing appointments
Insight from senior levels
Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Regina7 October 2017
A typical work day hinges upon reading the moods of senior management. Immediate dismissal is very real. Many managers are young inexperienced and very arrogant. The workplace culture is full of politics, and this is the hardest part of the job. There is an immense amount of work, resources are shrinking, and expectations are going up. An organisation that should be avoided.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No job security and politics
Super busy, loved my job
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 October 2017
When I was there I enjoyed my work, my colleagues and the management team.

There were structure changes after I left, unsure how the work has changed or if the management structure has changed.
Great place to work, fantastic people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 September 2017
A typical day included responding to general enquiries, proofreading and copy editing branch documents and correspondence. Booking travel arrangements and meetings.
Pros
Great work- life balance
Cons
Difficult to get a permenant job
Income Assistance Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 September 2017
working hard at all times
working with youth
keeping a strong relationship with all clients
Making sure all around are safe within the company and the premises
Pros
free lunch
Great Job
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 September 2017
Really loved working here they provide great benefits I got every other Monday per week off which was really nice. My manager was amazing and treated everyone great
Great place to work in SK
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 July 2017
I was fortunate enough to have excellent bosses and wonderful colleagues over the 8 years I worked with Government of SK. They really made the difference in going from a good job to a great job. As for working at GoS, benefits and salary are great and there is excellent work/life balance pending your job position.

Workplace culture can be tricky at any location, but sometimes unionized environments as well as political environments make it a little extra frustrating at times.
Great Job for university students for the Summer
Entry Gate/Sales and Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pike Lake Provincial Park, SK19 July 2017
Working at Pike Lake Provincial Park, as as Entry Gate/Sale and Service Attendant, is a great Job It is almost a full time summer position. It is very enjoyable and you get to meet many different types of people. For this position there are three different offices that you will work in. The Entry Gate, the Campground/ Visitor Reception center and the pool office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of Saskatchewan. Our community is ready to answer.

Government of Saskatchewan Reviews by Location