Government of Nunavut

Government of Nunavut Employee Reviews for Nurse

Fun work place and excellent area to work at.

Rewarding to work with people from the Inuit culture. Employer provided opportunities to learn about the culture. Lots of satisfaction working autonomously.

Pros

Learning the dynamics of a different culture.

3 months until I got my paychecks

It took them 3 months to process two paychecks, it's 4+ months now and I am still trying to get reimbursed for my Nunavut nursing licence ($1000). before I was hired there were red flags such as not responding to questions and emails going unanswered.

Nurse in nunavut

payscale was top but expenses are same too. Extream weather make you feel tired of life, you need strong mental health, You should be people person, no phones,internet are limited, tv services are limited, people are rude. The best is the norther life experience, animals, cultural experience , wild meat and fish. Good start for career but be cautious to do not make mistakes. You may lose Nursing license with small incidence and you dont get any support from top management.

Pros

Good pay, Remote experience, cultural experience

Cons

Isolated, stress full work enviornment, extream weather related issues, No work life balance, poor administration, difficult to deal with people behaviour, some times donot get paid for the job you do.

Respect

Loved working with the population and my peers. Management could have been more informed for the standards of RNs and LPNs.

Pros

great money and people

Cons

only a contract

Jobs at Government of Nunavut