Government of Newfoundland and Labrador

Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Employee Reviews

Good workplace bad money

Job was good the people where awsome to work with . The schedule was great. Benefits where ok . They don’t supply coveralls or work boots and the little allowance they offer won’t cover costs . Tool allowance is very minimal also won’t cover costs . And the pay is way to low hard to have a living

Pros

Time off

Cons

Can’t afford to do anything on days off

Better than no job

Bunch of lazy *****...lacks leadership and strong work ethic. Province would be better off having all work contracted out in my opinion...............

Good Job. Good Employer. Good Policies in place

Positive experience. The pay wasn't great but the job was rewarding and interesting. The employer is considerate of their workers and there is a generally good working atmosphere.

Problem management

Inexperienced management with no direction in achieving job mandates. No support from management for employees. Only worried about their jobs. Needs experienced team players needexperienced e

Pros

Helping resources

Cons

Inexperienced management

I experience excellent relationship between all workers and management.

I receive lots of opportunities to improve and get additional training during my career experience. I had a good experience throughout my whole career.

Motivational work environment

Working for the Government of Newfoundland combined hard work and an inviting work space, which allowed me to do my job to the best of my ability as well as motivated me to improve my own personal skills for work!

Terrible palce to work

Difficult to grow professionally. Compartmentalizing environment. Poor communication, no in house training provided. Difficult to get information required to perform your job functions.

Can be fun and rewarding

I enjoy working with and for people so working as a front line public servant is satisfying. It is professional, fast paced and high volume. Ave. Pay.

good workplace

Good people who help you succeed at the job, Many possible positions to be filled, the work environment is usually outside in the field, plenty of fresh air.

Productive and interesting workplace

The job was very interesting and provided me with great experiences. Working at Mistaken Point gave me a chance to deal with people from all walks of life while also learning more about my area.

Jobs at Government of Newfoundland and Labrador

See more jobs

Good Job

Working at the Provincial Goverment mailroom was a thoroughly positive experience. Not overly strenuous, good pay. Only flaw is the unionized nature of the workplace, very easy to get bumped from a job.

Pros

Fairly Easy, Good Pay, Comfortable Environment

Cons

Slight Lack of Job Security

Great Management and great pay

While working with the government of newfoundland, I had a great experience. My manager not only showed me new things but she was also very supportive. I would gladly work there again. In the run of an average day, the hours were fantastic, environment was comfortable. The only complaint was that was that it was very far to get to and from. The team I worked with were amazing.

Pros

great pay, very supportive environment, lots to learn.

Cons

only temporary. other than that it was a fantastic job!

Interesting, wonderful career

Flexible work hours with shift work and Monday to Friday schedules. Interesting learning opportunities with a second language and multi-disciplinary team members. Wonderful staff and students including other school teams in the same building. Friendly cooperative work environment with state of the art building designed for maximum benefit to the students and staff.

Pros

Dietitian on satff

Cons

Now closed

Great place to work as a health professional. The office was small and quiet with a great working atmosphere.

Approximately 50-50 with field and office work. Sometimes long distances to travel for field inspections and sometimes have to accommodate travelling on short notice.

Pros

Paid travel and accommodations when required.

Cons

Use personal vehicle for work and quickly accumulate kms.

Good Job

People are nice and respectful of others. A good place to work. Stable, secure and reasonable pay. At times it became repetitive and boring. The work is not exactly fun so make sure you're being located with people you like.

very heavy workload

There was not enough time for client interaction do to the heavy call and case load. I am a more hands on social worker and I did not enjoy the call center feel of the position

Summer Student Employment

Great working as a administrative assistant for a couple summers. Very easy to get along with staff and they are very appreciative of all the things you do for them.

productive and great leaning envirnment

My summer spent at Transportation and Works was a work term experience. I was not only given the opportunity to work in the lab but I was also given a good taste of what happens in the filed.

Ok place to work.

Management is good where I work, the hardest part is not being challenged by the position. The most enjoyable part is the freedom we experience on a daily basis.

Review

Overall the staff are friendly, no room for advancement and no job security because working for the government and they're broke. Good place too work for short period of time too understand how the government operates so that you can take your experience into the private sector.

Pros

Ability to learn new things

Cons

Pay is not enough to live on

Slow paced

Relaxed atmosphere depending on where you work. Pay not as competetive as other provinces. Can be cold and isolated. Lack of training.. Opportunity to travel province wide.

Pros

Relaxed env

Cons

Lack of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement