Government of New Brunswick

Government of New Brunswick Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

NB Dept. of Transportation and Infrastructure 👍

NB DTI is a good place to work with good benefits, decent pay, and great work-life balance. The hiring process is somewhat tedious, but it is worth it. Most positions are unionized.

Pros

Good support and collaboration within the various branches, Helpful senior staff and support staff, Great work-life balance

Cons

Fixed hours/ limited overtime in some roles

Great place!

Wonderful place to work! Very supportive and keen on continued learning. Very collaborative environment. The only issue is if you aren’t bilingual, permanent positions are hard to come by.

Pros

Supportive

Cons

Permanent positions are bilingual

Insights into Government of New Brunswick

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Very productive and culturally diversed

Very Great province and very friendly people. The administration of My work place was racially biased against me. Complained to the school district board but nothing significant was done about it.I love the school and I will always call New Brunswick my home in Canada.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

My personal work place was culturally biased against visible minorities like me.

Enjoyable group of people to work with

This position was enjoyable and I met a lot of lovely people as would be expected as the receptionist, everyone that came to the office was greeted by me. Greeting people was the most enjoyable part of the job. I didn't find any part of this job particularly hard. Typical day at work, set up, check the general email box, incoming and outgoing physical mail, call for courier service as required, check voicemail and relay messages to correct departments, or call the person who left the message for clarification which was often required.

I'd definitely work there again if I could

Due to my internship ending, I could no longer work at the Payroll Centre I was at. However, everyone was so enjoyable to be around and they really felt like my people and were all really relaxed and chill. I hope one day I can work there again.

Good work experience with heavy involvement for first-timers

Government is as large of an organization as they come, GNB is a great place for young professionals. If you are lucky you will get a relative degree of autonomy and be able to work on projects rather than service delivery.

Summary of GNB job

Great benefits and support . Assisting constituents with personal challenges ; I was the link between them and the provincial department . The hardest part of my job was to get the positive answer for all my files.

Benefits

Cons

Not able to satisfy all constituents .

Nice team to work with

Very nice team, goal oriented and monthly reporting. Employee engagement is part of this culture and continuous training/ education was encouraged on an annual basis

Pros

Casual work environment

Cons

Most everything needs approval

Excellent company

Excellent support from supervisors and schools. Benefits, pension, union all included. excellent pay. Clothing bonus annually. Excellent co-workers. Good fleet of buses.

Pros

everything

Government Review

I worked for the government and it was a good experience, my co-workers were nice to me. I brought my accounting experience that was appreciated. Also, They gave me a training on how to handle and process difficult files like those about taxation and bankruptcy. the most enjoyable work I had is when I was called to create a file which shows SNB monthly revenues, in detail of whole sellers for tobacco, alcohol and fines given by the police to drivers for misconduct. I will love to work again for the government because I have more experience since. Many thanks, Bruno.

Pros

Like working over time hours

Cons

I am a perfectioniste by nature, and lean to recognized when the job is accomplished

Productive environment with great support from all staff

I enjoyed working in an environment with routine. I had great support from superiors and peers and we all worked together in order to achieve our daily goals. It was a challenging job, however it was satisfying to accomplish goals either individually or in a team setting.

Pros

Pot-luck lunches

Cons

Stressful at times

rewarding

As an EA I was responsible for preparing materials, running inter murals, supervising children. I also worked one on one with children with Autism.

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Stressful

Productive work place

I learned how to be responsible of keys as well as laundry and cleaning supplies. I also learned what it took to be a good janitor. I managed the Community center by being the secondary key holder and reporting anything to the maintenance crew of anything that needed to be fixed or of any supplies that needed to be replaced. There really isn't any hard part of this job and the most enjoyable part of it was the satisfaction that I got from people who used the center on a daily bases.

team leader

I worked as an operator/team leader/shift trainer. I was also on the emergency response team for 11 yrs while employed here

Pros

stability

Cons

lack of jobs with the company

Awesome office to work at with some great people.

Exceptional place of work. Great people, great pay. Can be a little bit hectic at some times, but overall great place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of New Brunswick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement