Government Of Alberta Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Area Wildfire Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB4 February 2019
Fire season is definitely a highlight if you like working with complex situations, challenges, having to think outside the box, long hours and seasonal employees.

We work hard but we also take time to enjoy the simple things: like getting to know your co-workers, going to AGM's and having team building events.
Benefits
Good Place to work
Law Court Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB11 January 2019
Overall GOA is very good

It just depends on what department you work for

much like anything in life

Im not really into writing reviews

I think this is kind of forced upon me
Fun and productive workplace with friendly co-workers.
Junior Forest Ranger (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 January 2019
Would be glad to work for them again. I was a Junior Forest Ranger during the summer and would love to do it again if i wasn't too old for it. Co-workers were reliable and so were the group leaders.
right place to work
Information officer-Administrative support (Former Employee) –  Service Alberta2 January 2019
The Government of Alberta has one of the right work environment to bring out the best out of you. there is always an opportunity for growth and moving to other ministry based on your desire
Easygoing
Census Enumerator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2018
It was simple, with managers who care. Overall would work here again but probably win a different capacity, due to a new found dislike of working in customer service.
N/a
Analyst (Program Services 2) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 December 2018
I would decline to provide an assessment.

A typical day is concomitant with any office work. There are a variety of skills to be learned. I would decline to provide an opinion on management or the workplace culture. This is too subjective. The hardest part of the job is the inundation of negativity from the Alberta public and what they perceive as a "government employee". The most enjoyable part of the job is public service and the knowledge that you are helping citizens.
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 December 2018
Welcoming environment. Have developed my people skill. Management is good and workplace culture is friendly. The hardest part of the job is managing stakeholder. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a coach to mentor. Awesome place to work.
Love my job, love the work/life balance, reasonable income but high pension deductions
Occupational Health and Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 December 2018
Great employer, great people to work with. Busy, challenging work in my department, and my supervisor is fantastic at providing direction and coaching that is needed for succeeding in the position.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
High pension deductions
Good place
Software Developer Co-op (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2018
Good place to work, I really enjoy it. I would love to work there again if I have a chance and it pays well, pretty slow pace of working and you'll enjoy
Goa
AISH Generalist- Human Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2018
The Government of Alberta is an excellent employer to work for. Especially in Community Services. It is a very busy place to work and your work is never done but you are encouraged to take care of yourself. Great co-workers.
Adapting and controlled
Enumerator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2018
Hiccups with technology were a problem but through support and patience the job got done. Flexible hours were practical and I intend to apply for their next enumeration team.
Knit and fast
Filing Technician (Former Employee) –  10812-100 Ave., Edmonton, AB.20 November 2018
Filing jobs here gave me a chance of creative features.
I created a new methods of filing to assist all 30 staff filing in a organized systems to accountable situation.
Professional
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmoonton, Alberta2 November 2018
My typical day at work consisted of arriving early to prepare for the day's flight.
Management was effective and moved on changes to operations in a timely manner.
I thoroughly enjoyed the air crew I worked with and the passengers.
Pros
Meeting new people and exploring new places.
Cons
Some very long days.
Great Co-workers
IMAGIS Project - PeopleSoft Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2018
I haven't worked for the GOA for several years but met a lot of great people while I was there that I still stay in touch with. I was on the IMAGIS project years ago and found it engaging and fun.
I dont know
Correctional Peace Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2018
Good place to work at for the first few years. But eventually gets to you. No advancement, theres only a few positions to go for and over 150 people apply for that 1 spot. Money is good and theres a lot of Overtime.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everyone is on you about little things. A lot of clicks
Mostly good people.
Administrative Assistant 4 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2018
My current role is extremely busy. As the ARTS Lead I need to be able to prioritize and multi task as work load can change in an instant and I have many other responsibilities I need to attend to.
Pros
Cons
overtime with no rewards
just a job
Project Delivery Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2018
There is a need for technology revamp and is happening now.
A few succeed in this fast changing culture which is influenced with politics and a select survivors who have mastered the art.
Pros
new technology vision
Cons
political environment
Tough to move around
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2018
One of my biggest complaints about the GOA is that it's very difficult to advance your career and have your voice be heard when you have an issue to deal with. Management can be difficult to deal with.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Fun Place to work
Watercraft Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2018
The hours are long but you get to read a lot when you are not busy. You get to be outside all day talking to boaters and educating them. The supervisors are helpful and always reachable
Best place to work
Facility and Client Support (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2018
Worked at the Federal building and Government House as client support for meeting and facilities.
Was support for a lot of functions which included VVIPs in attendence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government Of Alberta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2