Gordon Food Service Employee Review

View all Gordon Food Service reviews

big, and boring
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  calgary1 August 2013
managers tried to make "fun games" at work to bring up the atmosphere,
but at lower level, you r just a number in such a big company.
people are nice to work with, and they can work without you with absolutely zero question asked.

Other Gordon Food Service Employee Reviews

Great Pay - Management Lacking
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON22 April 2018
Pay is good for the back breaking work we do.
Company events are great, see you all at the Rodeo. This will be my 2nd year attending. Drivers all have a good working relationship and we all help each other out. We all work very well together like a good oiled truck. BUT Supervisors and Management need a lot of work. Very much to negative on every angle. We have to rely on the clerks or cleaners for smiles and respect. Too much gossip and rumour spreading mainly by supervisors and why do we have so many supervisors on one shift it confuses things when we call in to get our issues deal with we speak to a different person every time there were 5 on at one time. Better training plans to be put in place for new folk instead of rushing them through and hoping for a good turn out. Management needs to do a better job of being more understanding and caring of the new people coming in and being more present to them instead of making them feel like they don’t belong and that they have to figure out things on there own. New drivers need more on road training and cart building training. To many injuries are hapening because improper handling practices. Pre-shift exercises should be enforced and followed through with. I think we should have senior lead drivers for all shifts including freshex and coffee company not just the downtown team. Give a chance for us older ones to take on more responsibility and let us take the lead on dealing with our drivers issues while out on the road. Been here almost 7 years I think I earned my shot at taking the lead. Added services has been taken away.
  more... This has left a negative impact on us and when we have them once in a while now we are asked questions for it.
More transportation events would be great, like morning breakfast again by Management or bagged lunches for the road or theme days. It’s the little things that make us keep going. We are what the customers see afterall.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and not enough positivity
All 4 seasons in the building
Cleaning janitor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
Worked at different times of the day, early morning, day, evening and overnight. Never have to deal with the customers, but with the warehouse workers. You should be careful to avoid fast moving equippements such as fork lifts and other palette jacks etc.. Time to time, you may have to clean the cold storage at -20C. Overall, you are paid well and had made a lot of friends from the management to the workers.
Pros
Monthly pizzas, products at discounted price and Quartely Bonus
Cons
The cold storage is Siberia

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.