Gordon Food Service Employee Reviews

If you want to be unhappy...
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC12 October 2018
If you like to make you eat wool on your back by an employer who only wants to take advantage of every situation. What is said on the floor and in the office are two completely different things. Office workers are all trying to get out of the job so they throw the ball to another who at his turn throws the ball to another so that nothing can be done. Never their fault, said all the time "we will fix that" and that all problem become worst and worst and worst and it's YOUR fault. Because you know, after 5 month, all managing problem is your fault because you drive forklift...
Pros
Money and some employees are nice
Cons
No personal life and no respect by the boss
Good job if you wanna work
Delivery Driver - G Class (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 September 2018
Its not easy work but its a great company to work for.

You get treated fairly, good benefits and rrsp plan. Physically demanding but days go by fast and great group of people working .
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Can be long days
dont do the online survey till they fire you for no reason
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2018
how they became a top 70 employer in Canada nobody knows, they do not care about you only there deliveries, only do there survey after they fire you, they will push you to do it right away but hold off till the 3 month or most likely the 2 3/4month time when they will fire you w/o any reason other than you are not a good fit. they are used to firing people quite well, sadly the only thing there good at.
Pros
wcb
Cons
terrable micromanagement
If you want to see you burn from both ends of the candle.
Local Field Tech (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC21 September 2018
Seriously, if you want an insane amount of work, OK pay at best. Irresponsible people making important decisions. This is the place to go. Have fun. I don't recommend it to anyone.
Useless Managment
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  British Columbia9 September 2018
Decent pay for all the extra drama you have to deal with. Management and routers are useless and do not care about the drivers.
They say 4x10 shifts but they really are 4x12-14. So do not believe that lie for a minute.
The turnover rate is crazy so apply with caution.
Pros
3 off a week
Cons
long hours and poor managment
ok work place
Order Picker/Forklift Driver/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2018
the job is good here the thing i didn't like is when you ask to explain how to built pallets they won't explain to you not helpful i advise people not to work here.
Pros
great wage
Cons
too much overtime
Night order selector (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2018
i worked there for 2 years and they had a good lunch program, good training, i left because some of us found out someone who was there for 6 months was making more then us and talk to me super and nothing was done and i left the job
Pros
had a good lunch program
Cons
super long hours
Good company to work for
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2018
Your day consists of filling out orders and picking up boxes and stacking them the right way, the days usually go by pretty fast, you get a good amount of time for breaks

you constantly have to keep yourself working hard to keep up with quotas.

The majority of workers in the warehouse are good people and are quite friendly

hardest part of the job is continuously doing the same thing everyday,moving fast all day long and working long hours if needed

some enjoyable parts of the job are getting to know the other employees and honestly just working hard

working in the warehouse you have to start night shift so don't go in
expecting to get a day time shift
Pros
if you like overtime this is the place to be, great benefits
Cons
expected to stay after long hours and looked down upon if you never take overtime
Excellent company to work for
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2018
Excellent company to work for been working for 6 years
Great pay if you want to work hard
Keeps you fit no need for gym you get paid to work out
Great benefits
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 June 2018
Great Place to work. It is a high paced busy environment which requires ambition and drive to complete to the job effectively. Trainers are always available to assist.
Productive and Welcoming Business.
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 June 2018
Overall great job. Would highly recommend for anyone looking to apprentice as a driver, or gain universal workplace skills over the summer as a student.
Pros
Great colleagues.
Cons
Early Morning start, usually 4:00 A.M.
fdfdfd
Overnight order selector (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 June 2018
the hours and money was good but thats pretty much the reason to stay there the company has a high turnover rate and thats the reason why not many people stay there longer then 4 months
Terrible
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON24 May 2018
Rf scanners never function properly, forced overtime, 4-5 coworkers injured every week some minor like back strains others serious like torn biceps, nerve damage, permanent joint damage. Unsafe place to work, I watched an employee rush at another guy to fight him in front of the warehouse head and absolutely no disiplinary action was taken because the attacker was fast at his job. You don't matter to the company you are literally just your employee number to them.
Pros
There was an ice cream day
Cons
Youre just a number
Mehhh
Sales Service Driver (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 May 2018
Sounded like a great company, steady work all the extra work you can handle is what they say. offered a sign on bonus even offered recruitment bonuses...
Sign on bonus... didnt happen
Recruitment bonis... doesnt happen

They offer the world and they honestly dont follow through on any of it.

This job Is very physical and is high
Risk for injury, life altering injury.
Pros
Keeps you fit
Cons
High percentage of injury
Great Pay - Management Lacking
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON22 April 2018
Pay is good for the back breaking work we do.
Company events are great, see you all at the Rodeo. This will be my 2nd year attending. Drivers all have a good working relationship and we all help each other out. We all work very well together like a good oiled truck. BUT Supervisors and Management need a lot of work. Very much to negative on every angle. We have to rely on the clerks or cleaners for smiles and respect. Too much gossip and rumour spreading mainly by supervisors and why do we have so many supervisors on one shift it confuses things when we call in to get our issues deal with we speak to a different person every time there were 5 on at one time. Better training plans to be put in place for new folk instead of rushing them through and hoping for a good turn out. Management needs to do a better job of being more understanding and caring of the new people coming in and being more present to them instead of making them feel like they don’t belong and that they have to figure out things on there own. New drivers need more on road training and cart building training. To many injuries are hapening because improper handling practices. Pre-shift exercises should be enforced and followed through with. I think we should have senior lead drivers for all shifts including freshex and coffee company not just the downtown team. Give a chance for us older ones to take on more responsibility and let us take the lead on dealing with our drivers issues while out on the road. Been here almost 7 years I think I earned my shot at taking the lead. Added services has been taken away.
  more... This has left a negative impact on us and when we have them once in a while now we are asked questions for it.
More transportation events would be great, like morning breakfast again by Management or bagged lunches for the road or theme days. It’s the little things that make us keep going. We are what the customers see afterall.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and not enough positivity
All 4 seasons in the building
Cleaning janitor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
Worked at different times of the day, early morning, day, evening and overnight. Never have to deal with the customers, but with the warehouse workers. You should be careful to avoid fast moving equippements such as fork lifts and other palette jacks etc.. Time to time, you may have to clean the cold storage at -20C. Overall, you are paid well and had made a lot of friends from the management to the workers.
Pros
Monthly pizzas, products at discounted price and Quartely Bonus
Cons
The cold storage is Siberia
Great pay and benefits. Jobs has its issues
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON9 April 2018
Incentivised to go faster and perform better but some external issue can affect your ability to complete your job on time. Great pay and benefits but are real toll on the body.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON16 March 2018
People are treated unfairly. Never recognized for good work. Only bad. No reviews. Huge turn over. Empty promises. Management is like high school. No guidance. Don’t turn to HR. They don’t have your back. There moles. They never help just make things worse. Company says they a family company and care about there people. They only care about the money. You could break your back and they only care about your deliveries. Not you. Management acts nice to everyone face but could care less about you as a human.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Puts on a good show but doesn't follow through
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 March 2018
preaches about culture and integrity but only those who manipulate and kiss butt progress. Cliques are abound. Bullying. Management plays favorites & lies to your face. Manipulation is rewarded with company wide acknowledgement & advancement.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
work/life balance is bad, favoritism, bullying.
No company activities.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2018
I just don't like multiple store in one skid because it cause me a lot of trouble like mixed pieces, not on trucks ( NOT) and worst case scenario errors. If you have 1 error you have to pick up 17,500 cases( we call it 1/17,500) to cover up your mistakes and your incentives will be affected for 4 months.
Pros
free lunches during special events
Cons
multiple store in one skid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.