Play YouTube video button

Canada230 reviews
Featured review
Gordon Food Service selected this as a representative review
Hard Work & Big Money!
It's true that the job of a sales-service delivery driver at Gordon Food Service is really physically demanding; but the compensation is beyond fair. I would even say it's extremely generous considering the work we do. I have been in the trucking industry for years and am aware of what else is out there. I do not believe I could earn more money anywhere else in trucking, unless I decided to take on the responsibility of buying my own truck, and ran it constantly. I make more money as a company driver at GFS than a few of my friends do who are owner-operators without the stress. Although our schedule is four days on/three days off, there are currently unlimited opportunities for overtime as we continue to grow and expand. I cleared six figures in my first full year at GFS. I definitely worked extremely hard to earn that; but it is possible. A big differentiator between us and our competitors is that GFS rewards drivers for their performance. We do not get paid hourly. All of our routes are designed to take 10 hours and every driver is home everyday. Our compensation formula takes into account number of kilometres driven, number of stops, etc. While safety is always our number one priority (safety bonuses are even paid to drivers quarterly) and our second most important priority is maintaining a high quality customer service experience, we do not miss out on any money if we are finished our route in 8, or even 6 hours. The drivers who do really well at GFS are those who are hardworking and self-motivated. The work is difficult but is very rewarding! Our benefits are top notch, - more...
Pros
Generous compensation, rewarding work, support and appreciation
Cons
Physically demanding, challenging and stressful at times
Official response from Gordon Food Service
17 June 2019
Thank you for your feedback and review!

We echo your comments surrounding safety, high-quality customer service, work-life balance and quality of life, and total compensation package. At GFS, we strive to ensure every employee receives a well-rounded experience because we are a family company!

Keep up the great work!
I worked here for over 10 years. Great place to work with a good balance of work and lifestyle. I hope the food service industry will return.
Great management.
A very good place to work and am lucky to be a team member of this company!
This company cares a lot about its workers. Benefits and wages are pretty awesome. I'd recommend this job to anyone looking for one. I love the fact that the management supports the growth of the team members.
Payant
Si après les problèmes avec le virus il réengage, c’est entre 80 000$ et 90 000$ par année facile.

C’est tout une job, faut être débrouillard et prêt à travailler beaucoup d’heures. Les journées débute entre 3:30 et 6:00 et l’assignation est envoyée par email la veille vers 19:00
Pros
La paye
Cons
Manque d’organisation
Day to Day
Visiting Healthcare sites across the lower mainland. Home office. HO and Manager local. Daily call log. Attend Foodshows. Very competitive. Fast paced.
Great company
Ever day a personal challenge and full of excitement.
If you are a motivated individual and have a the drive required to succeed, Gordon Food Service will always give you the support needed to achieve your personal and company goals!!

Family owned and operated with great leadership from the top!!
Great company, if you're ready to work hard.
For those who are more like lions, and less like sheep, this is a great place to work. The work starts off difficult and becomes easy, while your hourly rate increases due to the piecework pay style. Drivers are taken care of as long as you take care of GFS best interests.
Important note: You will be working physically most of your day, and it can get tough and tiring, and then you have to still drive an hour back. This job requires a strong worker
Great place to work!
The job is hard, but rewarding! Interacting with the customers, sharing laughs with your coworkers. A very friendly atmosphere. Management is very helpful, if you need to get a hold of anyone there is always someone waiting to answer the phone.
Pros
Great pay, great people, new equipment, great benefits, growth in company
Cons
Hard work, long hours when you first start on your own
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gordon Food Service?
Good money
fast paced,,think on your feet,,a real team spirit among the drivers,maybe a little top heavy in management but they know the food business and are good at that
Pros
good benefits and values
Cons
long hours, equipment is new but tired
Amazing company
Gordon Food Service changed my life and the way I view work. Driving with GFS developed my navigational sense of the GTA and they management cared about our wellbeing. The pay was fair and over-time was easy to get.
Great company to work for
Great place to work, I love my job. Management is fair and easy to talk to. Brand new, well maintained trucks and trailers. Home everyday. Great benefits and pay.
Great team
The team has changed since I worked there but the colleagues were fantastic. The office needed renovations and most desks didn't have access to windows si it can be hard in the winter.
Could be 5 star
Overall Gordon foods is an excellent place to work if you have a strong work ethic. You have to work really hard but you are rewarded for. The only downfall is that there a few leadhands, supervisions and even the main supervisor who really are not good with employees at all. They in my opinion are why the turnover is so high; if you keep quiet do your work and just ignore their ignorance you’ll be ok
Fast-paced and complex workplace
GFS is a national company and with that comes the complexities of such as large workplace. The leadership has a family-based leadership style that rewards employees who are hard workers and who are loyal. Because the workplace is so large, the usual conflicts happen but are usually a result of mis-communication and can be resolved easily if everyone stays calm and talks to each other. The workplace culture is a combination of family values, safety focus and productivity. It is an excellent place to work where you can do very well.
It was good and understand
Am willing to relocate at anytime to come join the team at anytime looking forward to hear from you am hald working truck driver i have been in the industry for 10years experience in defensive driving and hard working
Fast paced
It was a good and friendly environment to work in but the job is very physically demanding. Very early morning start times. It is a hard job but pays well and has good benefits.
Bad company
During probation period I got fired after continual complaints of unsafe equipment. Changes to my wages, hours and start time caused issues management was unwilling to discuss anything and just get rid of me.
Very good
Well Gordon Food Services is a great company when you have a good opportunities to improved yourself but beside they have a excellent benefits plus really good place to work with really good peoples.
Productive and Fun place
It was always amazing working there. Nice supportive staff with enough opportunities of growth. They provide good salaries for the beginners and train the freshers.
Official response from Gordon Food Service
7 February 2020
Thank you so much for your comment and rating!

We echo your thoughts around how amazing it is to work at GFS, and we work hard everyday to continue this engagement. We work tirelessly to ensure that employees have ample opportunities to advance and grow, ensure competitive and fair salaries, as well as well-rounded and effective training.

Thank You so much!!
A very relaxed and friendly atmosphere makes workplace easier
Excellent training,great people throughout the organisation,and a culture that is second to none.A great place and a great company to work for from the management to the warehouse employees everyone is friendly and
helpful in any way needed.
Great people, great pay! Can be a pretty fun work environment. Usually no shortage of work to do, if you need extra hours! Awesome benefits package. Very close to the bus route, and plenty parking! I'd still be working for them if I didn't need to move 3 hours away! Had a great 5+ years there! :D
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.