Gordon Bay Marine

Gordon Bay Marine Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Fun work place. Slow in the winters but very busy in the spring and fall. Lots of learning opportunities for a marine mechanic. They push hard to get you trained properly. Would recommend this company to any mechanic that wants to learn the marine industry.
Gordon Bay Marine has some of the best staff I've ever had the pleasure of working with. They help whenever they can with whatever they can. They don't point fingers every time something goes wrong, and instead they work to fix it. They are very understanding people when it comes to both work and at-home issues that anyone may be facing. I would work there again if given the chance, and I'm sad that I have to leave to progress with what I want from life.
8 hour days with a large variety of work day to day. staff was friendly and approachable, always willing to teach you more about the business if you wanted to learn
I enjoyed a seasonal job at Gordon Bay Marine in the clothing and accessories department. I also was given a chance to assist the office staff with banking duties, answering the phone and some record keeping.
Horrible place to work. Management is cruel and unfair. They go against all basic moral rules. Witnessed wrongful dismissal and luckily I got out before it could happen to me. They will bring in knowledgeable people to accomplish very important tasks, just to pick them apart and let them go soon after. So many things wrong with this place. I HIGHLY recommend NOT working here!!!
Cons
long hours, management is horrid, bad customer service
Great Place Great People. Was not happy with job security, and actions from management but pay was good and the people were polite and i enjoyed my job.
Pros
The environment
Cons