Google Employee Review

Incredible company and workplace environment
Software Scanner and Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA7 August 2012
Worked as a software scanner for the Google online book search project. Google was an incredible company to work for and really soaked up every minute I could working for an amazing company like Google.

Hardest part of the job was to consistently to meet the scanning quota of 16,500 pages daily however I was a hard efficent worker and made sure my quota was met daily.

The team I worked with was a great bunch of men and women along with great management to train us an show us the way on how to operate and use the scanners.
Pros
got to work for google and free lunch and snacks provided everyday
Cons
it was a contract assignment which ended after 2 years

Other Google Employee Reviews

GSoC was very informative and fun to work with.
Software Intern (Former Employee) –  Remote20 May 2018
GSoC is a great way to start Open source contribution as CS student. I learned a lot about SCM, Software design principles and how to work in a team. Its a great internship oppurtunity.
Great experience to have in a Tech Corp
SR ADVERTISING TECHNOLOGIST, GLOBAL DISPLAY AD OPS (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CA26 March 2018
It's a great place to work at and learn in a Tech Corp but comes with the hassles of working for a corporation where everything is too outlined and your work may not be noticed or be tangible unless following a formula.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Too many management changes and reorgs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3