Google Employee Reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 2,781 reviews
Fun environment to work in with many customers and learn about smart home products as well as updates
Best Buy Whitby - Google Smart Home Specialist (Current Employee) –  1751 Victoria Street Whitby3 December 2018
Getting indoors and singing it is super easy, Helping customers out at your table and providing them with knowledge on the products, some see a cheap price tag and instantly want to know what it is. It's a really good work and busy environment so you have to be quick on your feet.
Pros
Fun energetic, new opportunities, learn skills and more
Cons
standing job
Fun and proactive workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Involved meeting clients and training retail employees about various Google products that are offered in electronic stores. Met with various types of people and established strong bond
sad and low pay
racist
rude
repetition
people drink at work
managers swear on the floor
Pros
parties
Cons
all
tres selectif
Createur concepteur (Current Employee) –  Shawinigan, QC11 October 2018
tres bonne compagnie et aussi a la fine pointe de la technologie
Pros
rien ne larrete
Not to work for
Réceptionniste (Current Employee) –  Saint-leonard, QC3 October 2018
Nothing to say about this company. There is no insurance and no job security.
Dignity of work and respects every individual dreams and goals
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Remote11 September 2018
I was working for Google with multiple projects to cater with where my typical day starts with reviewing the dashboard to check my work schedule for the day where I learned additional tasks challenges and opportunities to unlock my multi tasking.

Leadership team and management are well educated and grounded to have a proper understanding, maintain healthy relationship where workplace culture has motivated every individual for better productivity and positive attitude.

Its difficult to work as per the organization mindset on a deadly timeline as it's (Google) a customer centric oriented business to make a difference in every approach to the customer.

All though, one will enjoy the work for their commitment of work and progress.
Pros
Remote facility
this was entered by accident
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 September 2018
A young, talented and motivated individual seeking a challenging environment where my talents can bring real value. Experienced with working with people from all over the world, and attention to detail like no other. I have open availability and seeking FT/PT positions. Employer satisfaction is guaranteed!
Great work culture
Networking and technical support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
Great experience working with Google, personal and professional is balancing. Can grow more professionally, learn technology. socialize
become technical savy
Pros
Food and transport
Cons
Food and coupons
Google is a big machine and it's iconic culture is fading
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
Google is a big company - absolutely massive. Just like other large companies when things aren't quite right, it becomes difficult to navigate internal red tape in the hope you can lobby for yourself.

I was reorged into a new department and the culture of my new team is a complete contradiction to the Google I read about and was taught about in orientation. Now, the hours are long. I am often pitted against my colleagues. Small mistakes are brought up again and again and again, but achievements are rarely praised. Worse - no one seems to care. I think my challenges are limited to my team, so I cannot speak to Google as a whole, but if I were interviewing at Google today I would be asking lots of questions about your teams dynamics before committing.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch. Subsidies for transportation.
Cons
Fading iconic culture. Long Hours. Rare recognition.
GSoC was very informative and fun to work with.
Software Intern (Former Employee) –  Remote20 May 2018
GSoC is a great way to start Open source contribution as CS student. I learned a lot about SCM, Software design principles and how to work in a team. Its a great internship oppurtunity.
Great experience to have in a Tech Corp
SR ADVERTISING TECHNOLOGIST, GLOBAL DISPLAY AD OPS (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CA26 March 2018
It's a great place to work at and learn in a Tech Corp but comes with the hassles of working for a corporation where everything is too outlined and your work may not be noticed or be tangible unless following a formula.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Too many management changes and reorgs.
This was an online Certifications
Not Available (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 February 2018
I'm not exactly sure what you would like me to write here, this was a certification, not an actual company. As such, I don't believe there's a whole lot of insight I can provide.
Great
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 January 2018
Great place to work. Great team leads,
Trips to Montreal are great free food drinks activities and much more. The longer hours definitely pay off and also a great salary
My experience working at a contractor at Google HQ
UX Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA23 December 2017
I had a short but eventful work experience at Google. It was the best break I could have ever asked for my first job in the United States. There are undoubtedly very talented, hardworking and bright people at Google, but I have also seen people have an attitude to be open to learning. An average Googler is very modest and approachable, and that's what I love about the culture there. A contract opportunity can be stressful work wise but there is a lot to learn about managing time and getting your best foot forward. Although I didn't land a full time role at the end of my contract, it helped me gain momentum and visibility professionally and landed me many full-time job offers at reputed organizations.
The Google experience on your resume just looks great!
Pros
Free food, informal work space
Cons
Very difficult to get a full time position
Actor
Actor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia22 November 2017
We did doughnuts in a limo and the commercial never got played. Here are some random words garbage disposal of my favorite part of the rings and I will not be
Somehow Productive
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philippines21 October 2017
Working in Google is fun. I have learned many things. I gained many friends. Gained confidence with my English. Improved my typing skills and multi-tasking skill.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
work-Life balance
Great to work
IT Technician (franchise) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
Really good place to work and expand, endless opportunity while you work. Always great to know that you can expand and have lots of different things to do.
Productive and Awesome place to work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2017
Everything is great from the people to the culture. Helping customers and facing cool challenges was a daily occurrence. Would recommend the job to anyone who likes customer service.
Very good company
Co-op Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA25 May 2017
Great work life balance, free food and lots of benefits.

Very good working environment and full of challenge. One can learn the state of art technologies.
Great Company
Street View Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 May 2017
Perfect Culture lots of fun and very technical, love the perks. The daily flow of work is fair and the pay is great. If you like new things this company is for you,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3