Google Employee Reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 2,492 reviews
Google is a big machine and it's iconic culture is fading
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
Google is a big company - absolutely massive. Just like other large companies when things aren't quite right, it becomes difficult to navigate internal red tape in the hope you can lobby for yourself.

I was reorged into a new department and the culture of my new team is a complete contradiction to the Google I read about and was taught about in orientation. Now, the hours are long. I am often pitted against my colleagues. Small mistakes are brought up again and again and again, but achievements are rarely praised. Worse - no one seems to care. I think my challenges are limited to my team, so I cannot speak to Google as a whole, but if I were interviewing at Google today I would be asking lots of questions about your teams dynamics before committing.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch. Subsidies for transportation.
Cons
Fading iconic culture. Long Hours. Rare recognition.
GSoC was very informative and fun to work with.
Software Intern (Former Employee) –  Remote20 May 2018
GSoC is a great way to start Open source contribution as CS student. I learned a lot about SCM, Software design principles and how to work in a team. Its a great internship oppurtunity.
Great experience to have in a Tech Corp
SR ADVERTISING TECHNOLOGIST, GLOBAL DISPLAY AD OPS (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CA26 March 2018
It's a great place to work at and learn in a Tech Corp but comes with the hassles of working for a corporation where everything is too outlined and your work may not be noticed or be tangible unless following a formula.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Too many management changes and reorgs.
This was an online Certifications
Not Available (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 February 2018
I'm not exactly sure what you would like me to write here, this was a certification, not an actual company. As such, I don't believe there's a whole lot of insight I can provide.
Great
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 January 2018
Great place to work. Great team leads,
Trips to Montreal are great free food drinks activities and much more. The longer hours definitely pay off and also a great salary
My experience working at a contractor at Google HQ
UX Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA23 December 2017
I had a short but eventful work experience at Google. It was the best break I could have ever asked for my first job in the United States. There are undoubtedly very talented, hardworking and bright people at Google, but I have also seen people have an attitude to be open to learning. An average Googler is very modest and approachable, and that's what I love about the culture there. A contract opportunity can be stressful work wise but there is a lot to learn about managing time and getting your best foot forward. Although I didn't land a full time role at the end of my contract, it helped me gain momentum and visibility professionally and landed me many full-time job offers at reputed organizations.
The Google experience on your resume just looks great!
Pros
Free food, informal work space
Cons
Very difficult to get a full time position
Actor
Actor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia22 November 2017
We did doughnuts in a limo and the commercial never got played. Here are some random words garbage disposal of my favorite part of the rings and I will not be
Somehow Productive
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philippines21 October 2017
Working in Google is fun. I have learned many things. I gained many friends. Gained confidence with my English. Improved my typing skills and multi-tasking skill.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
work-Life balance
Great to work
IT Technician (franchise) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
Really good place to work and expand, endless opportunity while you work. Always great to know that you can expand and have lots of different things to do.
Productive and Awesome place to work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2017
Everything is great from the people to the culture. Helping customers and facing cool challenges was a daily occurrence. Would recommend the job to anyone who likes customer service.
Very good company
Co-op Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA25 May 2017
Great work life balance, free food and lots of benefits.

Very good working environment and full of challenge. One can learn the state of art technologies.
Great Company
Street View Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 May 2017
Perfect Culture lots of fun and very technical, love the perks. The daily flow of work is fair and the pay is great. If you like new things this company is for you,
great place to work
Senior Online Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 May 2017
the management is great, the culture is awesome and the people are young and motivated who also share their best practices
only con is the $. I've talked to others who sell adwords for a living and they make much more
Pros
managment, people, culture
Cons
money
Lots of politics
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA28 February 2017
The work culture has changed so that there is a lot of politics, management is unwilling to step in and resolve issues, so engineers are left with the burden.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unfulfilling work
Productive company
Telecommunications support analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
A typical day at work in the company is fast paced. There are always different things to do like installing new phones or fixing them, client support.
great company
Member Corporate IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
A great company to work for. Excellenent people and wonder ful work environment. Good learning environment. Learnt great skillsets
work culture
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Google are talented, skilled and caring people with a passion for our province and our company. We grow and develop as people in a work environment that treats us great.
Great company
Member Corporate IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Great company to work for. Amazaing people. Lots of things learnt here. a great startup company, Good technology to work around. Nice company
Its fun to work with Google
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Malaysia4 August 2016
Unlike other companies, you start your day at google with great energy and happy faces

Apart from team management and latest soft/hard skills, I learnt how to compile data/info in minimum time to be presented in real time.

Management style is way different then other companies but goals/objectives should be realistic in order to be meet.

Diversified culture, people from all over the world, speaking different languages, having colorful food, exchanging unheard thoughts - this is how the co-workers live on the floor.

The hardest part has been pushing teams to reach the target despite of outages/limited resources

Google has been always in front when it come to celebrate any event. Living in a country of multiple races, I had a great opportunity to learn new cultures and enjoy every moment of it
Pros
Free Lunch, drinks(non alcoholic), Coffee, snakes. Enjoyable work environment, beautiful play area with awesome people around
Cons
Short deadlines, too much of data, change in the policy & process, less opportunity to grow
Product Specialist, Training for Google Apps (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2016
This is a great place. Wonderful people and wonderful environment with room to grow. Join if you can.

Management is willing to work with you to develop and do not micromanage.

Opportunity to join different projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3