SR ADVERTISING TECHNOLOGIST, GLOBAL DISPLAY AD OPS (Former Employee) – San Bruno, CA – 26 March 2018
It's a great place to work at and learn in a Tech Corp but comes with the hassles of working for a corporation where everything is too outlined and your work may not be noticed or be tangible unless following a formula.
My experience working at a contractor at Google HQ
UX Researcher (Former Employee) – Mountain View, CA – 23 December 2017
I had a short but eventful work experience at Google. It was the best break I could have ever asked for my first job in the United States. There are undoubtedly very talented, hardworking and bright people at Google, but I have also seen people have an attitude to be open to learning. An average Googler is very modest and approachable, and that's what I love about the culture there. A contract opportunity can be stressful work wise but there is a lot to learn about managing time and getting your best foot forward. Although I didn't land a full time role at the end of my contract, it helped me gain momentum and visibility professionally and landed me many full-time job offers at reputed organizations. The Google experience on your resume just looks great!
Senior Online Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) – North York, ON – 4 May 2017
the management is great, the culture is awesome and the people are young and motivated who also share their best practices only con is the $. I've talked to others who sell adwords for a living and they make much more
Marketing partner (Current Employee) – Windsor, ON – 10 April 2016
I like working with them, they let you make your own hours and if you work hard enough you will be able to make big cash. anyone can work with them as long as you work as hard as you can and have a creative mind.
Environnement agréable mais en constant changement
Commis libraire (Current Employee) – Quebec City, QC – 13 January 2016
Je ne serais pas demeurée plus de 7 ans si je n'appréciais pas le travail. L'environnement a toujours été agréable et chaleureux. le rapport avec les clients respectueux et intime, sans la pression de performer pour vendre un produit à n'importe quel prix. Bien souvent je passe plusieurs dizaines de minutes avec un seul client, l,aidant à faire un choix, lui racontant mes coups de cœur littéraire. La vente se fait par intérêt du livre et non pour forcer une vente! J'aime l'idée de contribuer également au succès d'un auteur anonyme qui n'est pas populaire auprès des médias sociaux. J'ai appris beaucoup sur moi comme pour chaque emploi occupé. J'aime relever des défis dans l'exercice de mes fonctions mais les postes de gestion ne sont pas faits pour moi. Mes collègues ont fréquemment changé avec les années et à part ma supérieure immédiate (très compétente), le roulement de personnel a modifié intégralement l'équipe. Y compris les directeurs qui se sont succéder à la suite de changements intenses et déroutants, un peu trop fréquents.
Droit d'emprunt, rabais sur les produits achetés
une demie heure dans un quart de 9h de travail et non payé
Adecco employee (Former Employee) – Canada and US – 16 June 2015
- Every day was different and this is mainly why I took the job. I traveled across Canada twice, traveled to Nunavut and saw the most spectacular National and Provincial Parks all over Canada.
- Management had little to no oversight and let me do my job without much intervention or direction which was sometimes difficult when they asked me to complete a task I was unfamiliar with.
- There was no one else from Adecco or Google working with me as I traveled across the country; though I could call them when needed so was not 100% independent. I communicated with a representative from Google on a daily basis to report my progress.
- The most difficult part of the job was driving long distances after a strenuous day of hiking with heavy equipment on my back.
- The scenery and some of the individuals from Parks Canada were definitely the most enjoyable parts of the job.