Google

Insights into Google

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

Very good

ProsFew years of working at Amazon will elevate your Writing skills, Talent development skills, Deep Dive skills.ConsNot a right place if you want to cruise along. You better add value continuously with new ideas, and order of magnitude productivity improvements through automation.

Productive and fun workplace to work on

Pros

asoidiadhsa

Cons

aowiua;oew8riuwanilrha

How googles Free food program help me in my hardest times

I've worked in this company for around 7 years now and I have enjoyed my time here so far. Not only are the staff very nice, but the job also pays well too. One thing that really helped me in this company was the food and snack program. When I graduated from college and just got into the company I was struggling with money. I was unable to afford a plate to eat but after getting into the company I was able to eat due to the free lunches and snacks provided, and keep myself energized which enhanced my working ability. This was really helpful as I was able to get myself back on my feet. Going into my 8th year I now have a house and am able to support myself.

Pros

Free Lunches And Snacks, great work environment

Cons

No cons

Amazing place to work, love the campuses and free food. Really cool projects to work on and you have a reliable team to get help and support from. Fair place to work.

Fun place to work

Expectations are high, but management is supportive and most work is a collaborative effort. Coworkers are great due to the intensive interview/screening process.

Loved this job, the team was great to work with and I enjoyed basically being my own boss.

Absolutely loved working with Google. They were friendly and helpful but also demand a lot from their employees. It was amazing working with them and I would love another job with Google.

Pros

Basically your own boss. Make your own hours. Work alone (safer during pandemic)

Cons

Work alone, pay could have been higher

Overall rate 3/10

Overall rate 3/10....Try to mold and confuse new employees with too much unreasonable expectations and not enough proper training or support....It's quite misleading before joining the company and then false after doing so.... Pretty unfair a d bad and no empathy or sympathy whatsoever:(

Pros

Longer breaks as per management schedule though

Cons

Work off working hours and too much unbalance of work projects and stress..

Interview is tough but definitely the best place to work

I have been with the company for 2 years and it still feels like the first day. People are very smart and everyone is willing to help and collaborate. They trust you to do the right thing and you can normally choose what and how to work on projects, without anyone looking over your shoulder but offering guidance and a lot of resources if needed. Work hours are whatever I see fit and I have been provided with everything to equip my WFH environment. The offices are amazing and it's the first time I look forward to going there. The benefits and perks are great, you are actually encourage to take leaves, PTO and enjoy extra days off. Once you have a certain tenure, be prepared to deliver or be left behind. This is a meritocracy and just sitting around doing nothing will get out of the door.The interview process was demanding but recruiters help you get prepared. Be ready to code on a whiteboard and have your data structure knowledge and Big O memories refreshed.

Pros

Unlimited leraning opportunities, smartest colleagues, offices, free food, perks, compensation, bonus, stocks, great work environment

Cons

The interview is tough, but worth it

It was awesome time for learning new technical skills

Every thing was spectacular at Google. I have learnt numerous new technical skills from google technical personnel or engineers. I was fresh graduate at that from Conestoga.

Productive and great place to work at

Every work day was different, it required to adapt to new regulations quickly but it was very stimulating and exciting. Google has very diverse culture and treats everyone with respect. I had an opportunity to work with people from all over the world like Brazil, Russia, Germany, France, Israel, Spain.

Fun company to work

Lots smart college to work with and learn. But internal competition is high as well, when everyone is smart, it will be a fun situation. It's a good place to learn and improve.

good

good working experience but less salary as expected, management could be done better and work culture is very flexible and for timing perspective, they are very strict.

Google was a great experience

The overall experience was great. The team showcased the Google home for the first time In my city and everyone had a great time. I managed a team and they exceeded my overall expectations.

Management is secretive

Google seems to mostly hire "Temporary Vendors and Contractors". They use temp agencies as their HR department. My manager worked hard to only give information out that was absolutely necessary, and mostly seemed to be afraid someone she was managing would take her job.

Excellent Work Environment

Quality before Quantity. Productivity with end results. Absolutely a great place to work and learn. Collaborative work is key to the work environment.

Great place

Great pay, great people. This company will give you the highest level of money and benefit. You don't need to pay anything for full coverage. 100% of dental, 100% of drug and 100% of everything within limitation. Nice and knowledgable coworkers. You can really learn a lot from them.

Good work and life balance

Good work and life balance, fair pay, overall positive team dynamic and some healthy amounts of competitions. Overall a great experience at the Toronto office.

work was fun because it included travelling aswell.

overall i would rate working for Google is 5 star. It was fun to work for Google and we had tasks given for the day to go and inspect stores where Google products were being sold. we also had to train individuals if there was a new product launched.

Love the work Culture

Typical Sales day with boosting product sales with a Googley Culture. The management really cares about you and want the hard workers to succeed. You have to be very sales oriented.

Fast Paced Competitive Environment

Coordinated the Google Retail Program (GRP), and managed teams of Google Retail Specialists creating awareness, and facilitating sales of all Google Hardware Created in-depth training templates to be used on a nationwide program level Established strong rapport with top management in various environments, and created a strong connection of communication to ensure our client’s needs were consistently and exceedingly met

Worked as contractor

As a sales contractor for Google your treated as a 2nd class citizen. Work directly for Google or don't work for them at all. They treat internal employees very well however.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement