Goodyear
Information from Goodyear:

Goodyear Employee Reviews

Canada72 reviews
Tradesman
I worked as a tradesman for 10 years at goodyear. You are expected to perform various trades such as millwright, electrician, machinist, set up tech with zero training provided. The pay was around 33$ per hour. Goodyear will not replace any broken or lost tools for tradesman. Management is spineless towards the plant manager, who is extremely abusive to his staff. Overall you can expect to work shift work and make about 80 thousand per year with OT
Usual
Typical manufacturing. 12 shift rotation with varying levels of challenges that can call for both mechanical and theoretical understanding of physics, electronics, plc structure, automation, pneumatics, and above all safety.
Not as advertised!
They appear to be a different company when you first start your introductory into the plant. Once you start on production, it is a whole different place. Upper management go home at 5 pm., night shift comes in at 7 pm and all heck breaks out by midnight. The culture is like letting all the prisoners of Alcatraz have free reign all night until the guards show up at 7 am. People who have worked a long time there try to make you do their work, or they will make your life miserable.
Most upper management have spies that they give little rewards to for secret report of production on night shifts. If your production is low, management allows your co-workers to frustrate you until you quit. I found a better a job after years of employment and I have never returned.
Maintenance
Good job, good place to work. Shift work. Fast paced environment. Lots of learning opportunities. Room for advancement and growth. Need own tools.
Well paying but somewhat dated management style.
This review pertains to Goodyear Napanee.

Goodyear is a great-paying employee if you are a production worker.

However, For Ticketed Tradesmen, it's not a bad paying job, but there are better paying jobs in the area.

All new-hires receive a Defined-Contribution Pension.

There is no union. and despite the 'dated' management style to which Goodyear Corporate clings, a Union probably wouldn't make life better for employees. There is also a great deal of opportunity for those who lean towards advancement in management.

Depending on the area in which you work, the jobs can be fast-paced and physically demanding at times and work conditions can be hot, with less than ideal air quality in the Curing Department.

Overall, you can make a fine living with Goodyear, but shift-work in a factory isn't for everyone.
N/a
Rotating shifts are not balanced effectively which can cause health issues later down to road. Pay is not competitive enough and it takes to long to start making a good wage.
Stressful. Overworked and underpaid.
A typical example of an American corporation. They dial up production expectations to a heart attack then drop it down one iota. With a continental shift, it has little life/family balance. I would not recommend this company!
Very good company to work in Beloeil .
Very good and enjoyable company to work. They have several work shifts. the company stays in Beloeil . After 3 months you start receiving collective insurance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Goodyear?
Salary
The salary is low to start. After a year it goes up a little but after 2 year probation period it raises quite a bit. The area I work in which is mixing the guys are great to work with.
Fast paced environment with a focus on Safety and Quality.
32 Years experience working for a Global Corporation in a highly competitive market. Safety and Quality are the highest priorities each day, with a focus on team work and collaboration.
Enjoyed teaching, coaching and training my associates for career advancement
Goodyear gave me an excellent opportunity to grow my career. I was able to teach, coach & train employees to become professional's in the industry. I liked creating a competitive atmosphere for my locations. I was able to manage a 58-60 million dollar business as a regional manager as well as learning & teaching operations excellence. Managing 400 employees over 5 states helped me understand the different markets which in turn allowed me to be agile in my decisions. This also gave the opportunity to build my bench strength from within the organization. I was able to identify raw talent or gave my associates the hope of building & creating course of actions for their future goals. My SOP was to review expenses, gross profits, sales, customer service issues and P&L projections Daily, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually. I truly believe in customer service & I believe that a positive outcome in the customer's eyes leads to loyalty of our product/brand.
solid and secure job
attitudes and moral is at all time low...pay is above average for this city as labour work...Monday to Friday work is not as good as 12 hours rotation
Pros
pay and friends
Cons
managment and moral
Fun working and productive
It was an amazing job and an amazing opportunity to work in a plant. They treated their staff amazingly well and they made sure that if you needed something you would get it.
Make sure the tennis court is always maintaind and ready to be used.
Always busy working and always safe .. make sure its always clean and ready for the next person.. I always like being there when somebody needs me. me
secure work,steady pay
Management concern's, Maintenance department going through a rash of retirements with no reliable replacements. Maintenance is expected to be multi trade yet wage is in lower 50 percentile of trades workers.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Management and direction
usine qui produit des pneus rechape de qualité.
Tres bonne compagnie. Beaucoup d’opportunités avec de bon avantages sociaux.
Pros
bon salaire
Cons
beaucoup de pression
Fun workplace culture
Enjoyed working with all the employees at the plant. It was a very fun place to work and everyone, including the management team, was so nice. It was hard to make the decision to leave the company.
Environnement agréable
Défis stimulants
Collègues compétents

Environnement à la hauteur de mes attentes
Très bien
Horaire et salaire compétitif, bonne esprit de travail
Company is conflicted
Goodyear Rubber and Tire Company has endured years of growing pains and they don't seem to be getting any better. Frequent attempts to create change end up with the wrong people in leadership roles and a dysfunctional line straight to the top. They have not prepared at all for succession and have a large group nearing retirement especially in the Canadian market. They look at "time in the company" versus qualifications and prior experiences - crucial business mistakes which they are just beginning to see the effects of. Field people are often overworked with day to day demands resulting in too many after hour requirements and often events and travel on personal time. They do not provide time off in exchange.
Great factory experience.
I learned how to manage my time better, communication with my fellow Good Year employee's about hazards such as spills, leaks, machines that aren't running properly etc..

management is very personable respectable and easy to communicate with about work related issues.

I learned to work independently and safely in dangerous positions such as cleaning the trenches, which where right under freshly pressed tires. caution is key in a plant environment!
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
N/a