GOODWILL NIAGARA

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose

Productive fun place

Typical day at work is fast pace.We have great customer service, we treat our customers with care. Coworkers are very friendly and helpful. One thing I learned about this job, is not to take things personally, as we all know customers may have a bad day, and we must respect them and take care of the matter in a positive way.Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the donations, however when there is a great team of employees willing to help, we have no problems getting the job done.The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers. Having a positive attitude and helping my coworkers.

Pros

Friendly

Unpleasant atmosphere without any positive interaction

demanding of its employees without giving positive feedback, not appreciated of your hard work, very frustating work enviroment and if you speak up you can get yourself fired without reason, worst management I have witnessed , very unprofessional without focus on helping the community , just looking to make the best dollar on donated items, found co-workers to be very unhappy and unable to keep long term employees, always made you feel like you were ignorant without any credit

Pros

nothing

Cons

worst training of employees

Great place to job but the job is not easy

It's like being on a treasure hunt every day! If you like hard work and fast-paced it's a good job option for you. If you don't like moving and being on your feet all day it's not for you.

Pros

People and pay

Cons

People donating after hours

Micromanaging and laziness

Had a great environment on a store level. Fun, close staff. But plagued by a head office full of micromanagers who will tell you how you're going to do your job regardless of it working or not. Looking for reasons to discipline and put you on the edge of sanity wondering if you're going to be let go regardless of how hard you work and how much you care. But when they're needed to tend to your work environment by fixing what needs to be fixed weeks will pass before it's acknowledged let alone fixed. Not great.

Pros

Great people, comradery in complacancy

Cons

Head office enforcing their lack of knowledge and abundance of authority on you, also picking through trash isn't fun.

No manager or supervisor when I worked there. Staff ran the store

I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. There was no managers or supervisor the regular staff associates had to run the store which we tried to do our best but created chaos and organization issues with the scheduling and their supervisor and manager they had come in to cover or very rude and ignorant to every employee even had some girls crying and puking cuz that's how upset they made them not a good place to work I was never happy when I went to work there

Expectations are ridiculous and its never enough...

No matter what you do...its not good enough,no moral, large staff turn over ...its a very fast paced job, not enough staff to do the job, most of the time you are doing the work of 3 people...

Pros

Helping community

Cons

No respect

Good

Goodwill is very helpful and it really teaches you new things. I really enjoyed working there and it gave me a lot of opportunities as well. I highly recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a job.

all of thie above anything

anything all of thie above cleaning makeing beds picking up things off the floor cleaning up makeing everying nice and clean and being helpfull and doing a good job

Not a good COMPANY to work for.

Very poor management and not very friendly people at the Niagara Region head office. They do not make it the least bit fun and are constantly finding ways to harass any staff member who speaks up about anything. Money is their main concern.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Poor management, unfriendly staff

Goodwill Industries

good way to learn about construction all the work that it takes to build stuff in a store or house location depending on what is needed and all the skills and tools required to get the job done

employment support service

The company gave me Cash Register Training , and Customer Service Training and i received training at 2 of their locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GOODWILL NIAGARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement