Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 241 reviews matching the search See all 16,137 reviews
Community Focused
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 May 2019
The culture in this company was community focused.

We equipped EI, welfare, ODSP, and OW recipients with the skills necessary to go into the workforce full-time.
cashier
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2019
Good place to work, but hard to get advancement. Not stressful. I enjoy my co-workers and most of the clientele. I do not like the recent changes that are being made and would suggest they reconsider these.
Pros
fairly stress free
Cons
Open too late
fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2019
A typical day at work was briefing the staff about our target goals for the day &. assigning duties.

Alot of items have no inventory , most were donations so it was kind of hard to tell who was stealing, unfortunately
Cons
alot of theft
To receive the donations
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 April 2019
Contributed in inventory control as well as product placement and visual merchandizing in stores. Led item sorting and quality control enforcement before sending merchandize to stores.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 April 2019
The culture at Goodwill Industries can be described as incredibly friendly and supportive.

The organization promotes a great work-life balance and combines that with a really great team.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Stressful and harrassing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON28 March 2019
The last few months working at my location was the worst job experience I've had to date. Not only was it turning into a hostile work environment, the management made it impossible to communicate our troubles, simply brushing them off as though we meant nothing to them but a way to make money. To top it all off, not only was it affecting my health mentally due to all the stress and harassing behaviors shown, it was starting to affect my physical health as well, to a point where I could no longer work for them.
Pros
Good customers
Cons
Its a fun place but you will not survive in your salary
Labourer/ Donor Greeter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2019
Clean environment and lots of workers. Heavy lifting and dusty in receiving donations area. Lots of garbage donation. We don't receive good salary from them.
Pros
Normal 8 hours work
Cons
Salary is no good
Good
Cashier/ Wares Processor (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2019
Decent place to work, just not enough hours, there is lots of opportunity for cross training, however hours never increase. Cool place to work if you enjoy thrifting
Supports a great cause
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2019
Fast paced environment, days go by quickly.
A lot of management turn over.
Can be very stressful for those easily overwhelmed.
The hardest part of the job is multitasking and thinking on your feet. Everything is always moving and you must be too.
The most enjoyable experience of the job is finding something really special that can bring money to a great cause.
Pros
Fast paced environment, days fly by.
Cons
Quite often poorly managed and disorganized.
good job and perfect persons.
DSP CRMA (Former Employee) –  DSP29 December 2018
Je travaillais environ 5 jours la semaine,souvant les soirs et les nuits.et jÈai recu de bonnes formations sur la prise en charge des clients.
Jèai beaucoup le climat du travail, et la bonne collaboration.
Pros
undestanding team learders
Cons
good work
Fun
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO23 December 2018
I liked working there it'd be nice to go back miss my colleagues.Out-let World is very unique since it's Good Will there is a lot of being organized I learned a lot
Pros
Free Water
Cons
Co-Wokers quit a lot
Productive,fast paced,customer and employee friendly,physically challenging
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2018
Fast paced and repetitive enviornment with constant changes made thoughout the day, rotating different merchandise also in regards to learning about new and old materials,product that are handled on daily bases. Management very consistant and well organized as to knowing where employees are best suited and positioned. The hardest part of the job would have to be the consistant fast pace from start to finish but is still managable, which makes the time goes by a lot quicker.
Pros
breaks being scheduled on a well managed bases and in accordance to length of shift schedule
Cons
no down time, constantly on your feet
No reason for company values
Abused Grunt (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2018
There is no dignity or joy working for this company. Only sadists need apply so they can be treated like scum sorting out other peoples dirty trash. There is no team work. They only care when you make money. No one improves because there is no training. No one wants to take accountablity. You might as well jump in front of the bus before up managment throws you under it.
Pros
Free food when uper mnagment treats you like trash!
Cons
Too many to list.
is good to work and understand the rules and regulations of any company
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2018
My review is that I need a job that will help me to achieve the best of me because if are not work life is not going to be easy for you and now at day
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long
Abysmal Managment
Donor Door Attendant, Processor and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2018
It is below a regular retail scene if you're a Donor Attendant your job is to take care of other peoples job and get slammed with your own. Good luck moving up in this company as they would rather bring new people in then train current staff new positions
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Managment
Extremely rewarding and fun work enviroment
Donor/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON5 November 2018
As a Donor/Greeter I was responsible for unloading vehicles of people making donations as quickly as possible. And also processing the donations into the correct totes and moving them to the various pricing stations.
I learned more time management skills. Supported by management.
Great place to work but can get really busy during yard sale season.
The daily interaction with the Donors, shoppers and co-workers.
Good
Donor Greater (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 October 2018
Good organization and very friendly people, I have enjoyed working with everybody there. I had two tasks during my work, a donor greater and E&M (which I loved a lot).

E&M stands for Electrical and Mechanical, it allows you to test all electrical and mechanical devices you received from donors before you put them on the floor for sale. I would come across very interesting devices, some are very old that I used to see when I was a child, and some are extremely rare which I did not even know such things could exist.
Team is amazing but leadership team is lacking....
Director, Career Connections (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2018
Not focused on the business and distractions take away from the effectiveness of the team and organization. Favoritism and inconsistent approaches plague the leadership team.

Organization has so much potential and such a great cause - but is being led to it's potential, and at times is in conflict with its mission and core values.
Pros
Helping people with disabilities!!!
Cons
Organization takes far more than it gives!
Horrible
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2018
Unless you're willing to be treated like trash, I would 110% not recommend working and the Goodwill Westend store. Management is so bad, but some of the employers are nice.
Great place
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 October 2018
I enjoyed volunteering for this company. Different skills to be learned and a better understanding of what Goodwill services can do for our community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K