Goodness Me! Natural Food Market

Goodness Me! Natural Food Market Employee Reviews

Canada66 reviews
Great place to work overall
A great place to work. I worked here 8 years and I honestly don't know how they've done it but they do a great job with hiring and keep people happy so the atmosphere is very supportive and positive. Lots of room for growth and lots opportunity to learn about living a healthy lifestyle. The pay is a little lower than average (in my time here I had various roles and all were paid well below the average for these positions)
Awful place
They talk about core values - communication, open door policy, being able to be promoted etc. All garbage. Managers can not manage and the policies are not followed. If you complain, you get punished and get more late shifts or less hours and they make your life a misery.
They ask for many qualifications in certain departments but will not pay accordingly. Minimum wage for all!

Other staff are the best part about the job and helping the customers was fun but overall, people last not even a year before they leave due to bad management.
Good People, poor everything else
This is a company that has built a reputation on educating customers about health and wellness, and exceptional employee treatment. Unfortunately, this could not be further from the truth. The reality is that this company is no different than any other grocery store, aside from the fact that they offer healthier options on the shelves. There are no employee reviews, so they rarely hand out raises, and if you do request a raise, you'll likely be given a 1% raise, which equals to around an additional 20 cents per hour. Supervisors make roughly a dollar more per hour than even the newest cashiers, and the company does not value longevity or experience whatsoever. No employee incentives are presented to make you want to get better at your job, and new employees are barely trained and subsequently thrown to the wolves with little education about the products being sold in the store. The mentality being told to employees is that if you don't want to do your job, someone else will do it. This company is all smoke and mirrors, and is not what you think it is. If you're a student looking for a stepping stone job, this could be the job for you. For anyone else, trust me, save yourself the frustration and look elsewhere.
I do not want to write a review
With respect to upper management, there is room for improvement. For example, I would recommend hiring people that are qualified to do the job you need them to do. DO NOT hire friends or family simply because they are just that.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Huge disconnect between head office employees and store employees
Great workers, positive environment
The workers are amazing. I learned so much while working there. Customers can be entitled and rude at times but overall regulars were super nice. Customer service is very important at Goodness Me. It Is overall a great place to work!
Great Place to work!
In the 4 years I have been with Goodness Me there jas been a lot of Internal Growth. They recognize hard workers and appreciate them. There has been a lot of change in the recent year due to moving on however Change is not always a bad thing.
Easy-going
Relaxed work environment. Training is provided on regular basis by suppliers to keep staff informed of the Supplement products. The store is very customer focused and education of customers is a focus of the company.
productive place to work
⦁ Handled cash and credit transactions
⦁ Collected and escalated customer surveys, maintaining an above satisfactory rating overall

⦁ Processed returns, filing and merchandising of unwanted products
growth oriented and productive place.
I worked as a grocery clerk. I use to Stock, control Inventory Stock, Merchandise. Maintain fresh and visually appealing department. Merchandise seasonal and promotional items. Order, receive and store inventory. Ensure proper signage and price.
Poor place to work.
Incompetent management, poor pay. Employees were treated as being disposable. Very political atmosphere. General Manager was insincere and fake. Different rules for different employees.
Frustrating and Disappointing
The writing is on the wall. No raises unless you are management, lack of health benefits (healthcare spending account only), ridiculous operational changes regularly, reduced hours for staff, no communication from management. This used to be a fantastic company with a lot of potential, but there have been too many negative changes, and zero support from both store and upper management.
It's all about money and not at all about staff or customers
Turninning into a very greedy corporate company that is only focusing on making more money. Changes to benefit higher ups, but compromising the integrity of what the store stands for. Work/life balance is horrible. Most of the time you'll be working short staffed as everyone is unhappy with the work load for such little pay.
productive and fun, easy to keep busy
Worked here in high school. Best part of the job was working with co-workers, you easily get to know everyone very well because it is a small store. Felt like a team. Working at cash was great because if there were no customers you were given other jobs to do. Never got too busy. Customers were very friendly for the most part and management was okay. A fun grocery job!
Pros
Fun co-workers, easy to keep busy
Working With Goodness Me!
Generally great place to work, poor management at corporate level however...Puts an insane work load and pressure on departments with little staff, not so willing to pay employees. The department managers and the co workers are great, the place is nice, open and friendly...Corporate is full of pretentious people that like to scam their customers, and overwork valuable employees. They talk big about customer loyalty but no regard for employee loyalty. Very little benefits for full time employees, and 20% employee discount on already over priced items.
Pros
Friendly staff and atmosphere
Cons
Poor managment at corporate level
Worest place ever
What a joke and the food is all made in a factory and its a ripe off and its like working in a cult if you hate yourself work there and if you want to work like a dog then its a perfect place
Wonderful people!
My coworkers were the reason I stayed for so long at this company. At the location I was at, everyone got along with each other and the camaraderie made you feel like it wasn't really work. All the managers, especially the store managers are great at what they do and are always motivating others to do great. Plus you get a nice in-store discount on everything.

Some cons I can can think of are issues like a lack of proper communication with head office and higher up management and between the stores. There is also logistical issues when it comes to incoming stock and our inventory systems. These issues were all being worked on when I left however. My only other gripes is you may get shafted for hours for part time work and raises are few and far between. A bit of favouritism plays out, but it's not really an issue.

Overall I enjoyed my experience and would recommend Goodness Me! as an employer.
pretty cool
worked there as a summer job many years ago when i was a teenager. Lots of free samples throughout the day.Ofcourse i was young so i wasnt much of a health guru so i didnt care to much about it then. idk work hard more hours will be given to you.
good place to work
Motivating place to work many oppurtunities also very rewarding when it comes to staff and is flexible when it comes to hours but you also get enough hours. great if you are into a healthy life style an has fun ways to get involved. very much physical work
Pros
staff
Cons
minimum wage
Good working environment with nice workmates
I prepared fresh salads,soups and smoothies for customers. Going into the job I already had quite a bit of kitchen experience so alot of the work related knowledge was easy to understand. Management was ok. My workmates were very nice and I skill keep contact with most of them still. The hardest part of my job would be keeping up with whats on the burner and taking peoples orders at the smoothie station at the same time. Making peoples day by giving them a good experience at our store.
Pros
workmates
Cons
management
Eatery in Barrie
I used to work in the eatery in Barrie almost since it opened. I worked for about 2 or 2.5yrs. It was a great place to work. I have kids and the store manager always talked to me to help make it so I could get my kids. The kitchen was hard work, but I loved it.

Lots of managers in the kitchen who didn't stay, but we always had fun. Other people at the store are also great. We always laughed a lot and did store parties.

I would have stayed but I couldn't because of childcare needs.
Pros
fun people, great food
Cons
pay could be better
Great job.
I'm a current employee at Goodness Me and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here so far. I've had many jobs that were a fight to make it to the end of the day, whereas here at GM I love the atmosphere, the management, & the staff.

The store stands on some great values which come out in the attitudes of it's management and staff. Overall most seem very positive, happy to be there, and very encouraging. I love being on this team and have made some great friendships thanks to this job.

The management give many opportunities to staff to step up and make a difference in the store and that doesn't go unnoticed. They are very intentional to make sure the staff feels both cared for and heard.

If you have the opportunity to work here it would be well worth it to apply!
Pros
The staff team, atmosphere of the store.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodness Me! Natural Food Market. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8