Goodness Me! Natural Food Market Employee Reviews

Eatery in Barrie
Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 November 2018
I used to work in the eatery in Barrie almost since it opened. I worked for about 2 or 2.5yrs. It was a great place to work. I have kids and the store manager always talked to me to help make it so I could get my kids. The kitchen was hard work, but I loved it.

Lots of managers in the kitchen who didn't stay, but we always had fun. Other people at the store are also great. We always laughed a lot and did store parties.

I would have stayed but I couldn't because of childcare needs.
Pros
fun people, great food
Cons
pay could be better
Great job.
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 October 2018
I'm a current employee at Goodness Me and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here so far. I've had many jobs that were a fight to make it to the end of the day, whereas here at GM I love the atmosphere, the management, & the staff.

The store stands on some great values which come out in the attitudes of it's management and staff. Overall most seem very positive, happy to be there, and very encouraging. I love being on this team and have made some great friendships thanks to this job.

The management give many opportunities to staff to step up and make a difference in the store and that doesn't go unnoticed. They are very intentional to make sure the staff feels both cared for and heard.

If you have the opportunity to work here it would be well worth it to apply!
Pros
The staff team, atmosphere of the store.
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barrie25 October 2018
I have been working at Goodness Me for 4 years and I love it there, we have fun and they don't make you feel like an employee you are family, the manager and assistant manager come out and joke around with you and you can go to them if you need to talk and they listen to you, either business or personal. We have lots of great benefits at the store. I work with amazing people and its nice to know we are appreciated by the store manager who thanks us all the time for anything we do. I will continue to work there for how ever many years to come
Pros
great management and great perks
Cons
having to put up with rude people on a daily basics
Uplifting Work Enviornment & Great Staff!
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 October 2018
By far the best work environment I’ve experienced. Extremely positive and uplifting place to work! The employees are all such beautiful people! They are easy going and fun to work with! A great mix of awesome people!
Management is super supportive and extremely approachable. The Store Manager is professional and kind hearted, he literally makes the store shine!!! The Assistant Store Manger has great energy and always pushes me to be my best self!
I am always learning something new about health and wellness and the company provides many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The customers are all so interesting. I love connecting with new people and supporting our regular customers on their health journey!
My work literally feels like a home away from home! Thank you Goodness Me!
Pros
Positive work environment, great staff & management, lots of opportunities for growth!
Positive working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 October 2018
The staff genuinely care about the wellness of both the customers and their coworkers. A positive first experience in retail.

The minimum wage increase really took a toll on the hours.
Pros
Kind, caring staff, weekly free products, small and easy to work in environment
Cons
Not enough hours, Management absent often
Amazing coworkers!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 October 2018
Honestly starting at goodness me has been like finally finding my Barrie family. The values of the store seem to radiate throughout all the staff. Everyone is super friendly and inviting and always go out of their way to lend a helping hand to fellow staff! The mangers are accomadating to the best of their abilities and encourage staff to make a future with the company if that is what they wish to do. I was personally blown away by the “woke” staff and I feel like all personal spiritual beliefs no matter what they are are respected and encouraged in this environment.
Pros
Discount, educational opportunities, flexible scheduling
Cons
Minimum wage, but hey that’s more of an Ontarian con
Eatery manager Barrie
Eatery & Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 October 2018
Terrible place to work. Feels like a church cult, and if your not in there group they are against you. Don't bother asking for support because no one at the store level or head office will help out. Company had no real direction on which way to go. They expect you too work multiple positions again with no help or support. Store manager flirts and hangs out with his cashiers and is married. Assistant store manager has no clue what's she doing and trys to make people fear her by saying well I'll just write you up, very condescending and talks down to you when she doesn't even know how to do your job. Same as the store manager they tell you what to do and micro manage you but do not know how to work my position which he admitted.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list, benefits, no bonus
nope
Eatery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 September 2018
terrible management, no job security, and no regard for your availability. There is no opportunity to grow in the company and they do not give pointers on how you can improve.
Great employees, lousy management and culture
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 August 2018
Worked at Goodness Me for several years. There were very few opportunities to move up. Pay is minimum wage to start and wage increases are entirely subjective. I found that male employees often made more money than their female counterparts. Fellow employees made this job tolerable, even fun at times. Management are rarely on the same page. The store promotes itself as "small, family run" but this does not benefit the employee. Benefits were only given to full-time employees and the benefits package was extremely small. Supervisors make only slightly more money than those they are supervising, but have significantly more responsibility. Senior Management didn't have employees' backs. Employee discount was decent at 20% off.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Lousy management
Store Manager was very sketchy
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2018
Store manager very sketchy very odd, had lots of tv screens in his office watching everyone thinking everyone was a criminal. or a thief like he was paranoid.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Sketchy
A safe place where one feels welcome and exited to attend work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 April 2018
This place has provided me with many learning opportunities. I have learnt so much during my time here, including how more affective customer service, how to communicate with fellow employees and much more.
Pros
Great work environment and great employees
Cons
Needs more structure
Great Place to Work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2018
I believe it is a great place to work because of the great staff and the welcoming environment. I Would definitely recommend if anybody is looking for a job in the food services to apply here
okay experience
Grocery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2018
-it was an okay place to work
-learned how to face isles
-management was okay, some of the management had unrealistic requirements of student employees
Good work place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 January 2018
Friendly environment to work. Handled cash work which was typical to any cash job. Typical day was balancing cash. Facing before store opens. Light stocking.
Pros
Relaxed and fun workplace. Fair wages
Cons
Product is expensive so on low wages can't really afford what you're selling.
a great place to work
Receiving and Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 November 2017
100% great team, and great care put into customer service.

Logistics and warehouse needs work and is currently in development but once the kinks are worked out will run smooth.
Fun place with opportunity to advance
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 October 2017
I learned a lot about health and products within the health industry through my experience with Goodness Me. I was given opportunities to increase responsibility within my role but was not compensated for this.
The employees were great the upper management was terrible
Kitchen & Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 September 2017
It was a great team spirit among the staff. The upper management at the store level was terribly inept and need to learn a lot about how to motivate and validate staff.
There is great opportunity for improvement on the part of the management if they are honest however that has not happened yet.
Lots of turnover of staff as a result.
Pros
free education classes
Cons
bad management
Used to be great staff
Eatery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 September 2017
Worst place to work!! All good staff left because of the terrible new staff recently hired.
Will definitely not be a good first job for the young employees.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Just like any retail job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 September 2017
The work was done well. I did not approve of a lot of what corporate did with their product ideas. It also did not seem like the company had any particular direction they wanted to drive their business.
Great team but no support from Manager
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 August 2017
Rocking busy store. Great team keeps it going. Great customer service in all departments.
Manager doesn't give the team the support it needs and this has caused a high staff turnover.
Pros
great team
Cons
no support from Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodness Me! Natural Food Market. Our community is ready to answer.