Goodness Me! Natural Food Market Employee Reviews

A safe place where one feels welcome and exited to attend work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 April 2018
This place has provided me with many learning opportunities. I have learnt so much during my time here, including how more affective customer service, how to communicate with fellow employees and much more.
Pros
Great work environment and great employees
Cons
Needs more structure
Great Place to Work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2018
I believe it is a great place to work because of the great staff and the welcoming environment. I Would definitely recommend if anybody is looking for a job in the food services to apply here
Good work place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 January 2018
Friendly environment to work. Handled cash work which was typical to any cash job. Typical day was balancing cash. Facing before store opens. Light stocking.
Pros
Relaxed and fun workplace. Fair wages
Cons
Product is expensive so on low wages can't really afford what you're selling.
a great place to work
Receiving and Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 November 2017
100% great team, and great care put into customer service.

Logistics and warehouse needs work and is currently in development but once the kinks are worked out will run smooth.
Fun place with opportunity to advance
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 October 2017
I learned a lot about health and products within the health industry through my experience with Goodness Me. I was given opportunities to increase responsibility within my role but was not compensated for this.
The employees were great the upper management was terrible
Kitchen & Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 September 2017
It was a great team spirit among the staff. The upper management at the store level was terribly inept and need to learn a lot about how to motivate and validate staff.
There is great opportunity for improvement on the part of the management if they are honest however that has not happened yet.
Lots of turnover of staff as a result.
Pros
free education classes
Cons
bad management
Used to be great staff
Eatery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 September 2017
Worst place to work!! All good staff left because of the terrible new staff recently hired.
Will definitely not be a good first job for the young employees.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Just like any retail job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 September 2017
The work was done well. I did not approve of a lot of what corporate did with their product ideas. It also did not seem like the company had any particular direction they wanted to drive their business.
Great team but no support from Manager
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 August 2017
Rocking busy store. Great team keeps it going. Great customer service in all departments.
Manager doesn't give the team the support it needs and this has caused a high staff turnover.
Pros
great team
Cons
no support from Manager
Good Company
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  720 Bristol Road West14 August 2017
Very good company, very fair staff, and management are very understanding and flexible to meet your needs. As well are willing to give you chances, so you can grow
People are really odd
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
People, there are really weird they are overly nice which catches you off guard. Seems like the staff is as well like this they are to friendly which makes you question the environment
Great work culture
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 May 2017
I've been working with GM for 2.5 years now in the Barrie store. It really is a great vibe. Cool culture, surrounded by other staff who are also into health and wellness. Lots of opportunities to grow into leadership/managing roles as I've seen coworkers go from PT to FT managers if they work for it. Definitely much better place to work than the regular grocery store!

store has had some turnover in early years, but seems to have strong manager team and staff like management. Flexible hours that fit my life if I need a day off.

Never bored as there is always lots to do. Grocery manager is the greatest.
Pros
Amazing discount, free lunches and product often
Cons
benefits are so so, working weekends
Fear
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Was fine but everyone was afraid of the boss more of horrible bosses workplace, which is not the ideal workplace, in my opinion, you need a setting where it is not horrible
productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 April 2017
Goodness Me! is a great establishment that provides customers with healthy food choices as well as workshops to educate the public on healthy eating habits.
Be Prepared to Learn
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 March 2017
Decent place to work, staff is friendly and very knowledgeable about various health food and supplements needs. There's a lot to learn, especially in the supplements department, but the staff is always willing to help new people learn.
Any grocery or cash experience is an asset, but be prepared to learn that most of the products are very different from their normal grocery-store counter-parts. Customers will always be asking about new products and what they do, as well as things you may have never heard about before.
A day in the life as a Goodness Me! Employee
Cashier/Grocery (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 February 2017
My Favorite part of this job was; The staff and loyal customers
always friendly, positive and willing to help

I've learned a lot about the health industry, personal needs of customers.
Pros
free food, great staff, wonderful costumers
Cons
long hours, communication
Can be a great fit
Supplement Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2017
Worked for Goodness me for over 4 years. Was very engaged and loved the environment for years. The Locke Street location was incredible. I moved to the mountain location after 2 years and took on a management position. In the higher ranks, I noticed a complete deterioration of store culture and a lack of employee-centric management. The most enjoyable part of the job? Making people's lives better through knowledge. That was invaluable; I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Lots of corporate-oriented changes being implemented to deal with rapid expansion.
Pros
Employees are great, Good staff discount, Largely interested in healthy living, Can be a great environment
Cons
Lack of store culture, Very little focus on happy employees, Very little room for advancement
fun environment with great management
Eatery cook and Eatery clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 January 2017
cutting up vegetables, making dishes following written recipes, serving customers at the counter, weighing and portioning food, making smoothies following written recipes, cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. Management was easy to talk to and co-workers were fun and always ready to help if needed.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
lots of repetition
Fun and down to earth place to work
SENIOR FULLTIME SUPPLEMENTS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2016
Goodness Me! is a leader in Canadian health food foods and supplementation. The store has a very down to earth feel, and all the employees care very much about healthy living and eating. By working in supplements I got a first hand view into to the world of natural supplementation as well as a vast knowledge of their many uses which I could relate back to my biology and chemistry experience.
Pros
Great people, team activities, samples of new products.
Cons
Terrible wages, hours, not many opportunities to move up.
If you love healthy food this is the place to work!
Eatery Clerk, Eatery Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 July 2016
Prepared delicious healthy food and served customers. Learned how to be more time efficient and productive in the kitchen.
Management is approachable, understanding and patient and my co-workers were a blast.
Hardest part for me as a vegetarian was the raw meat. Other than that there was no hard part as someone always there to lend a hand.
Made some good friends and learned how to cut properly and lots of tips and tricks for cooking.
Pros
Great people to work for and with
Cons
Some duties could be repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodness Me! Natural Food Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Goodness Me! Natural Food Market Reviews by Location