Goodness Me! Natural Food Market

Goodness Me! Natural Food Market: 99 Employee Reviews

Canada99 reviews

healthystorediscountproductstaffwagehealthcustomer

Horrible Management

They don’t care about you or what your doing, just if you are at work. No appreciation, schedule changing with no warning, HR will do nothing about anything you go to them with. All for next to nothing pay.

Great place to work if salary increased and work load expectations matched compensation

Had a great team and manager when I worked at GM. Culture needs some work, employees that work their cannot afford to even shop there w the wages they are getting.

Insights into Goodness Me! Natural Food Market

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Terrible terrible pay. No advancements.

Minimum wage for holistic nutritionist. Went to school for 2 years to be paid minimum wage. Shameful. I got a 25 cent raise every year. No possibilities of advancement. People stay stagnant. Terrible.

Pros

Employee discount.

Cons

Terrible pay. No raises.

Immature staff.

I would highly suggest not applying as a manager as the hours and daily duties do not match you hourly wage. I worked at the Burlington site and staff were immature. My best recommendation is try another place.

great people, but not easy breezy, and not for everyone

For the most part, I enjoyed my time at goodness me. I think much of the problems are ones that you would experience at any retail job (understaffing, rude customers, finding yourself doing other people's jobs) - except they are so blatantly fixable that it will drive you crazy if you let it. I met some fantastic people there, a few who frustrated me a little but for the most part your co-workers will be awesome. It's management you have to worry about. Overall the job was easy enough - just extremely frustrating for no reason a lot of the time. But, if you are willing to make friends with the people around you, and you enjoy keeping busy, its easy enough to handle.

Decent Job

Hardest part is receiving shipments at random times and dealing with the plumbing issues in park place. Simple work, lots of good hearted people there.

Great coworkers, good team environment, poor job security

Really enjoyed working here for the time I did, the employees were great to be around and converse with. Management on the other hand while friendly, likes to micro-management. Was let go on my last day of the probationary period due to "overhiring" while they hired three others just days prior.

Cashier

Hard work, low pay. Usually involves weekend work. A lot is expected of your for minimum wage. Given lots of responsibilities. Expected to do more than just be a cashier, have to sell classes etc.

Underpaid

They do not value their employees, especially the ones in the supplements and anyone in a management position. Getting a raise is next to impossible. The workplace atmosphere is not terrible so it’s a good place for short term, but it’s not a place to stay.

Simple work, relaxed atmosphere

Management seemed a little checked out. They were very flexible with schedules and time off requests. Work can be very repetitive.20% off groceries and inexpensive benefits that are pretty good value.

Grocery store vibes

The overall job is exactly what you'd expect working at a grocery store. It's a relaxed atmosphere. For me, I met life long friends and my husband (who I now have two kids with) while working here. Like any job, it's all about who you're working with and Goodness Me seems to attract some pretty cool people.

High turnover, short staffing

Store has high turnover in most departments at all levels, understaffed always. Store management has the highest turnover. Products in store are expensive, even with discount it is unaffordable for staff. Do not recommend.

Pros

20% discount

Cons

Expensive products, understaffed

Would recommend for a high school student

It was a pretty good place to work part time. I worked in the fresh department and it was chill. The managers never bothered me, I just did my work.

Very calming to work nice workers

Great fun to work in pays well for not needing skill so its good for like a teenager very nice staff way better than working at McDonalds pays better its relaxed and then I had to retire

Pros

The discounts

Cons

Nice store; culture nil; management not positive, only criticize. Poor Communication; negative culture resulting in huge turnover.

The negative culture (or lack thereof at store level) is driven from top down. I was employed for 6 yrs. (I was an anomaly & stuck it out, as this was a part-time end of career interest based position.) I worked with some outstanding individuals who were NOT valued for their commitment and potential. Store manager turned over 4 times resulting in poor direction, de-motivated, under appreciated staff. The Leadership decision makers of this Co. needs to take a good look in the mirror, relinquish certain budgeting & staff management decisions, respecting their store level Managers decisions in order to retain quality & happier staff who actually know the type of customers they serve (every store clientele is different based on location!). Only then through improved communication, respect and collaboration with staff, will Goodness Me retain staff & grow customer base & thrive as a Natural food store in whichever community they serve.

Pros

20% staff discount

Cons

Poor communication; lack of staff meetings to promote collaboration, input & improve motivation & positive culture.

Very laid back place to work. Can be fast paced but nobody gets stressed

Friendly group of people to work with. Very family oriented. Balanced work/home life. Some of the training videos will bore you to sleep. Full time hours is 40 per week.

Pros

Free Coffee for employees, 20% off on store purchases, Easy to get a day off if you need. mix of days and night shifts, If you work hard they will treat you well.

Cons

Could always pay more but thats an issue everywhere

Was good for a time

It all starts at the top, you won't go further than store management or base level of head office unless you have the right connection, even if you put the years in you are lucky to become an ASM. They will promise you will move up (they say this to everyone who is good) to get the most work out of you they can, while sending you all over southern ontario to their various locations to help out staff in the same positions or higher who lack the proper skill set they require to do their jobs. If you want to burn out quick this is the job for you. They move all of their good managers around so much that consistency is impossible. Customers are abusive and entitled as the company has a unique following, and I worked in the service industry previously. If you value your mental health, I'd pass on working for this company.

Pros

20% discount, set schedule, creative control

Cons

No mask mandate for customers, disconnect between stores and home office, nepotism

Management lacks leadership

I enjoyed working at Goodness Me for at least my first half there. There were a few nice perks working in supplements, such as store trainings, free samples and products on an on-going basis. I lucked out during my time there as supplements had an amazing manager (new manager is also great!). The job wasn't really stressful, until my last few weeks there as the entire team practically had had enough and quit. There were a couple of great store managers, approachable, displayed leadership, were fair, kind, but that changed with the most recent store manager. Store morale went down tremendously. It became an unpleasant environment. What I looked forward to the most was seeing my colleagues, from all departments. Covid protocols are also lax as there are many unmasked customers in the store. This made staff feel nervous and unsafe, especially the ones, like myself, that weren't working behind plexiglass.

Pros

Great staff, Loved my colleagues, There was very little micro management in the past (but that changed unfortunately)

Cons

Management lacks leadership (micro management isn't leadership), low pay, no free coffee or snacks for staff

Not a good place work

Not a good place work! Do not work for this company. They are very unappreciative and inconsiderate. I would not recommend working for them. The food is terrible as well.

Pros

Free free free

Managers don’t care

I worked at goodness me for several months. i loved it at first, looking forward to going to work. but after about four months, working there just didn’t make sense. i felt more cared for in fast food than i did in a “healthy lifestyle” store. they encourage a healthy lifestyle but don’t provide a healthy atmosphere for staff, or enough pay to pursue their own healthy lifestyle.

Pros

nice coworkers

Cons

no work life balance, underpaid, will switch hours without telling you, unsafe work environment, minimum training, poor covid protocol, few vacation hours, no room for growth

Great work culture

Great work cultureShift workTeam workNeeds time managementGood managerEnough breaksParking availableApproachable staffHelpful managerGreat coffee (to buy)Lucrative employee discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodness Me! Natural Food Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement