GoodMorning.com Employee Reviews

Stellar Company & Culture
Digital Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2019
I wasn't sure what I was in for when I first applied for this job, but GoodMorning.com (and Novosbed before that) has been a truly outstanding company to work for so far. It has the agile and highly autonomous day-to-day of a startup (e.g. almost no emails or meetings), with the lucrative compensation and stability of a blue chip. I worried that selling mattresses would be a lot more dull compared to the variety of projects and minor prestige of agency work, but that prediction has been completely wrong. Lots of little office perks I could bring up, but main takeaway is that no foosball table or standing desk compares to working at a company that values excellence and surrounds you with A-players, then gets out of your way.

Key details:
-Benefits/compensation better than what's publicly listed
-Senior leadership walks the talk
-Great onboarding process
-Culture of skill improvement (even for tenured specialists)
-Decisions driven by data and codified first principles
-Clearly defined company values, progression, and review processes
-Disciplined and deliberate hiring ("pretty good" will not get hired)
-Accomplished staff who share their learnings and want you to get better
-Downtown office with LRT / food trucks
-Do the work required to have an opinion (but be willing to change your mind)
-Company proactively finds ways to make your job satisfaction better
-Risky requests from management like "challenge everything" and "make yourself replaceable" are properly appreciated and reinforced
-Big company aspirations
Pros
Great compensation, clear communication, strong management, high standards, company-funded weekly outings
Cons
Parking, Friends & family will grow tired of you constantly talking about mattresses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodMorning.com. Our community is ready to answer.

GoodMorning.com Reviews by Job Title