GoodMorning.com

GoodMorning.com Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
When I first applied, I honestly had no idea who they were or what they really did. But after my first phone interview, I started doing some digging, and I was really surprised. After accepting the job, and working with the team, I can say that it's very different than most workplaces, but in the best way. Everyone is intelligent and very good at their job. Management encourages new ideas and will provide whatever tools that you need in order to do your job effectively.
Pros
Office snacks, biweekly company lunches, new laptop of your choice, brand new photo/video studio with every piece of equipment you need, flexible hours, lots of room for advancement
Cons
Be ready to work hard and help the company grow
Working at GoodMorning.com is my first job opportunity in Canada since I moved two years ago but it did not take me long to recognize how a good luck I had to apply for this position in this organization.
it is not that easy to find a job which is fast paced but relaxed and comfortable at the same time and driven only by success.

I see that the reasons behind this successful equation are:

1- The top reason is the Dynamic & motivated team culture; No routines! your main job is as simple & motivating as to contribute to your own personal success and accordingly the company's success.

Failure is not in the dictionary of the team members here as we all agreed and made an approach that our responsibilities and targets are unique for the whole team. Simply; few employers are able to triple their employees count in one year without having a single resignation case or even any written warning or incident. very easy and clear measurement.

2- I am personally very well compensated, and the company's success is reflected into my pay cheque. I believe that my teammates share the same thing about their compensations.

3- The company is very well strong & organized as a structure but the transparency rules too. CEO is too close to all employees and open to any suggestions/improvements/objections with the involvement and support of the direct managers. This healthy attitude gave everyone here a safe feeling towards the way we are evaluated and how our performance is measured.

4- The team always thinks bigger; out of the box and we always believe that "yes we can". Goals are
 - more...
Pros
team building; flexibility; higher than market compensations; advancement in the career
Cons
the coffee in the building's cafe is not that quality! that's all.
I wasn't sure what I was in for when I first applied for this job, but GoodMorning.com (and Novosbed before that) has been a truly outstanding company to work for so far. It has the agile and highly autonomous day-to-day of a startup (e.g. almost no emails or meetings), with the lucrative compensation and stability of a blue chip. I worried that selling mattresses would be a lot more dull compared to the variety of projects and minor prestige of agency work, but that prediction has been completely wrong. Lots of little office perks I could bring up, but main takeaway is that no foosball table or standing desk compares to working at a company that values excellence and surrounds you with A-players, then gets out of your way.

Key details:

-Benefits/compensation better than what's publicly listed

-Senior leadership walks the talk

-Great onboarding process

-Culture of skill improvement (even for tenured specialists)

-Decisions driven by data and codified first principles

-Clearly defined company values, progression, and review processes

-Disciplined and deliberate hiring ("pretty good" will not get hired)

-Accomplished staff who share their learnings and want you to get better

-Downtown office with LRT / food trucks

-Do the work required to have an opinion (but be willing to change your mind)

-Company proactively finds ways to make your job satisfaction better

-Risky requests from management like "challenge everything" and "make yourself replaceable" are properly appreciated and reinforced

-Big company aspirations
Pros
Great compensation, clear communication, strong management, high standards, company-funded weekly outings
Cons
Parking, Friends & family will grow tired of you constantly talking about mattresses
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GoodMorning.com?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodMorning.com. Our community is ready to answer.
GoodMorning.com Reviews by Location