Goodmans LLP Employee Reviews

Document Specialist
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Not a great experience. Didn't find management supportive at all. It was all about making the lawyers happy, and not staff. Hours weren't the best (11-7) 5 days a week.
good
Managing Petty Cash for CAD, USD, Pound and Euro (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
really advise for future employment, nice people and good environment
If you can have a opportunity to be a part of the company , you will be excited and have a great time there
Formerly wonderful, now so-so
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
When I started here years ago, Goodmans was THE place to work. The atmosphere was welcoming, everyone loved their job and people rarely left. But over the past 5 years, things have changed. The salaries have not kept up with the general pace and as a result, people are leaving to work elsewhere. HR is a nightmare to work with. There's a superior tone now that was never there before. It's "Us v. Them" instead of a team feeling. When you can't get a resolution from HR, where to do go? Elsewhere. That is what I've done.
Productive, fast paced and fun workplace.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2017
Fantastic company to work for. Starting out my career as a Human Resources professional couldn't have been a better experience. Always challenging and something new to learn. Supervisors and Management were always there to support.
Great Place to work
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bay Street26 November 2016
Great place to work. All assistants generally care for one and another and come together in times in need. There are Christmas parties and winter parties every year. The firm holds meeting with the managing partner for questions or concerns. Its a amazing place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Downtown Toronto
Fast paced environment with changing priorities
Director, Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2015
Professional environment with client requests that change your priorities regularly. A very high level of user service is required (white glove). Very little red tape and decisions are made quickly.
Pros
dynamic environment
Productive and fun atmosphere
Legal Assistant - Litigation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario23 March 2015
Typical day at work would be checking emails, checking lawyer's in/outbox, and docketing.

I learned how to manage my day with a fast-paced lawyer and law clerk.

I loved the people I worked with, the other assistants are all helpful and it is more like a family atmosphere where everyone is very approachable and always ready to help someone in need.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with a difficult boss and learning how to get past certain things to make the relationship work.
Great Place to work
Systems Technician/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2014
Good people
Nice facilities
friendly
Great fundraiser
everyone is every easy to talk to when you need help
Nice people who lend to the great culture of this firm
After Hours Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2014
For me, a typical day on the job consists of many different things. Being in a "after hours support" role, I am split between a few different departments that include, Office Services, Hospitality, Audio Visual and occasionally Premises. Coming from Niagara Falls originally it's safe to say that my prior work experience was predominately in Hospitality. Which was one of the things that Goodmans was looking for when they created this role. Since joining Goodmans with only a Hospitality background, I have learned many different skills including the scanning, faxing and photocopying of documents, technology (laptop, projector and conference call setups). I've also become familiar with Word, Adobe, Excel and other programs.

I'd say my experience with management has been pretty great. The coordinators that I've worked under understand that I'm spread all over the place during my shift and allow me to work without trying to micro manage too much. Due to the fact that I work the after hours shift, I rarely see my supervisors or directors however, they are always easy to reach if need be and have shown that they are more than willing to help me or hear me out if I want to voice any concerns.

But the best part of my experience with Goodmans by far has been the people I work for and with. Upon starting here I was immediately struck by the culture of the firm. Almost everyone you meet are nice, genuine people who you will quickly know on a first name basis. Everyone for the most part is very easy to approach. I had read about this prior to my start date but didn't know what to
  more... expect. Many companies boast about this but this firm lives up to it completely. The most enjoyable part of my job is the social interactions that I have with great people on a day to day basis at Goodmans.

Yeah, That about sums it up.
Pros
Wages, benefits, the employees and occasionally... Free food :)
Fun place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario10 March 2014
Work hours had been good, management could improve, co-workers were great.
Pros
Lots of events
Cons
Work environment could use some work -
Excellent work environment
Senior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2014
Goodmans was a great place to work, very helpful and friendly people. Always looked forward to working
Big Law
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2013
Everything you could expect from Big Law....

Management is out of touch and the structure needs to be fixed.
Productive and Good Learning Environment with Perks Including Food
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2013
The firm provides a comfortable and productive environment for work, and allows me to learn many skills such as SQL database, Budgeting and Forecasting, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Presenting to Management, etc.

The co-workers are very nice and easy going, but age gap creates some communication issues.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours, Extremely broad scope of responsibilities for role