GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Typical sales environment so that means there will be some pressure to sell but overall it is an okay environment.
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2019
-Very good and fair commission system but there is a little pressure to sell memberships.
- Limited advancement opportunities but if you hit your sales targets the remuneration is good for the job you do.
fun place to work
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2019
easy job to get into, you can move up and make more money depending on how big your hustle is. you can use this job as entry to work jobs as a receptionist in other places.
Poor corporate values
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB3 December 2019
Next to impossible to make targets
very stressful
if your wanting a fitness telemarketer gig this is a job for you.
You call hundreds of people have many no show and still expected to make your monthly targets.

Free membership is nice though
You can make it great...
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON2 December 2019
GoodLife is too sales focused...not enough focus on existing clients and members. High pressure for sales. High stress. You can do well, but you have to be good at sales.
Great place to work if everyone cared about their job
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 December 2019
I enjoyed working at GoodLife but I felt like many things in my interview including having a job and life balance and being part of a team we’re not true in the end a lot of drama between employees. Management was sub par organized.
Worst place to work at
Positions ranged from Fitness Advisor to Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locations2 December 2019
There’s No work life balance!
High turn over
Bad managers and H/R
Unprofessional
All they care about are hitting the sales goals
Bad benefits unless you are management
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Bad pay no work life balance
Amazing people and Atmosphere
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 November 2019
Great people and I enjoyed my time there. People that work hard and love doing what they're doing. The managers and staff there are willing to help you and elevate you to become the best person possible.
Fast passed friendly environment with poor managment and high standards.
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ontario28 November 2019
While I worked there they were understaffed and a lot of pressure was put on an unqualified manager. This leaded to a stressful work environment. The staff at the gyms was friendly and made for a better experiance but could see that we were shorthanded.
long days stressful co workers
File member contracts and recipts (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2019
check in member ,do towels clean the gym get yelled at for little things. empolyes judge you hard and like to lie and sneak around. members are great some are terrible
Good Company
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2019
If you want to work in the fitness industry, you will not find better than GoodLife Fitness. For new hires I recommend learning who the most successful people are you are and asking them for advice and develop mentors.
Great for your start
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2019
I did really well at goodlife however I had to sacrifice everything to receive that compensation as-well as the recognition I needed from the people who were working me so hard. I absolutely recommend it to those who need to figure out how to be a trainer. But I guarantee you won’t stay to long
its all commision based but itg is a fun work environment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 November 2019
good culture with poor pay i wouldnt do it again. its hard to make enough in a week to get by and there are a lot of things you have to do before making any real money
Finite minded upper management with poor people skills
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON21 November 2019
Patches' original vision has lost its way due to ethical fading within the company. Upper management is pressured under a month to month goals put on them by new finite minded CEO's and Vice Presidents that are achievable but unattainable long-term. The amount of micro-management is absolutely horrendous to the point where they yell and swear over the daily phone calls. GoodLife used to be a wonderful place to.work until they started sacrificing their own employee's rights to hit their fiscal year budget.
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2019
Very positive environment but lots of change over as it is mostly part-time workers so can get full-time unless you are very good with computers. Atmosphere is great both with staff and customers.
Fun place to work
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Cedarbrae, ON20 November 2019
Great management and team at Cedarbrae location. Very nice members and easy environment to adjust to. Management is very easy with schedule changes...
Going to miss it
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2019
When the company first started building clubs in the west it was good to work here, as long as the work got done and the GMs are happy, life was good .. but now its adopting more of a by the numbers approach and I find my self doing way more papper work then physical work and this reflects as the GMs only care about numbers now
Fitness Advisor is a great opportunity to excel.
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 November 2019
As a Fitness Advisor, it is very rewarding to help others realize their fitness potential. It is very rewarding work and offers many perks including a free membership.
stressful and less salary
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  North Ridge, ON15 November 2019
Didn't appreciate the focus on sales as a PT instead of client goal focus. Had a full roster of clients and was barely able to dedicate my self to their goals because of managements need for increased PT sales - "sell for other trainers" I wanted to simply focus on my own clients and their goals
Too pushy on sales. Goodlife doesn’t care about clients results. 3 managers were just asked to step down in my district based on theft.
-you are expected to be around the gym most of the day (so you may work 2 hours but you will hang around the gym for 9 hours)
Not very fun.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2019
The job environment was very toxic. There was too much politics surrounding walk in procedure and company is very money hungry. High turnover rate too
Very enjoyable work environment
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 November 2019
Typical day at work usually consists of greeting members at the front gate, dealing with questions or concerns members have about their memberships. Maintain cleanliness of the facility and just always bringing a positive attitude to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.